Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

Hello, @brockgs

Thank you for your patience, I can engage the support group on your behalf for this issue. It involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I *AM* using the Canadian "Rogers NHL" app. I am NOT using a DNS service however the mobile internet hotspot I'm using IS US-based roaming in Canada (though my IP address is reporting me as being in the US).

I've Been Here Awhile

I have Apple TV 4. Having same issues as others. Downloaded Rogers nhl app. Can't log in. No Rogers log on 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @sjb2003

Are you running a VPN when attempting to login?

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes l am

I've Been Around

I too am having the same problem. Cannot sign in to Rogers NHL app on Apple TV 4 (the new one) but its running fine on my PS4, vita, imac, ipad.... but for some reason the app on the new Apple TV is a no go.

I've Been Here Awhile

Im also having the same issue. I've submitted a ticket to Rogers, and waiting still for an answer back. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjb2003 @jadam18@boey @analli8764

You must turn off the VPN.

By running the VPN you're blocking the identity of your IP.  When the IP is identified with a Canadian IP the Rogers NHL app with MyRogers login is triggered.

With the VPN on, you're blocking the Canadian IP from being identified as such, thus triggering the US NHL app with no MyRogers login support.

Also, at this time 'the new Apple TV' otherwise known as 4th Generation is not compatible with Rogers GameCentre LIVE at this time.

We are currently working to have the new Apple TV compatible.

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks,

I am still having the issue even when set back to Canadian IP. 

I am able to logon on my computer, ipad, apple TV 3 and phone whether I have a Canadian or US I.P. address. 

For some reason its just my apple TV 4, (logging into the Rogers NHL app) and it says that I don't have a valid subscription, even though it works on all other platforms at home. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I got mine working. On Apple TV set DNS to 8.8.8.8 manual and trying logging in then. After it worked don't forget to reset it to automatically so you can get USA service. I assume you have it set up in your router. Let me know if this works