Unable to Log Into Smart Home App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reirei
I've Been Around

Re: Unable to Log Into Smart Home App

Since the last update, the app won't allow me to log in. The app store feedback told me to reboot device, clear cache, delete and reinstall app and ensure I'm running os10 on my Samsung device.

Had done all of that a handful of times and it still doesn't work. Now on Samsung SE F20 5G with updated os to the latest version 10 os and still cannot log on. Tried beta version, still doesn't work. The sign in button seems disabled. I can run demo version fine but the sign in button takes me nowhere.

Please fix this asap and stop asking customers if they have rebooted their phones.

The infinite runaround is ridiculous and the fact that I was asked to post here instead of being given support through rogers is absurd.
RogersMoin

Hello, @reirei.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

I appreciate the details you've provided. When you tap on the Sign In button, it should launch a browser to complete the authentication. However, it seems a browser is not opening in your case. 

Have you set any browser as default on your device? You can check by navigating to Settings/Apps/Menu(3 dots)/Default apps.

You can also check if there any defaults set on the app by going to Settings/Apps/Smart Home/Set as default. If any, you may want to clear defaults and try signing in. 

Keep us apprised. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

rlakhan
I've Been Around

Yesterday, android had issues. It seems that there was a problem with the Android Webview. This has been corrected.

I am unable to login the my SmartHome App. Nothing moves after clicking "Sign In". I am not prompted to enter my username or password.

I have updated the patch and rebooted. I have uninstalled the app twice and re-installed, nothing happened. 

I am using a Samsung, android phone and the app was working fine before this issue. Grateful for a resolution

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome @rlakhan!

If you're having troubles with logging in after performing the troubleshooting steps you mentioned in your post, there may be an issue with your account or password.

Are you having any difficulties logging into your MyRogers account at the moment?

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey