Unable to Access MyRogers via Browser.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to Access MyRogers via Browser.

I just wanted to add to this that I find it interesting that I used to lurk without signing in and the ROGERS survey came up EVERY time ...midscreen . If you clicked "not now" it would go away  but return again if you stayed too long .  With this latest survey there is no mid screen survey that shows up ....I'm just blocked by a survey page  from signing in .  I can go back and lurk no problem just can't continue on to  sign in

I find it extremely  hard to believe that this is not just another Rogers  "glitch" like has been  seen so often before.

@barndoor wrote:

I just wanted to add to this that I find it interesting that I used to lurk without signing in and the ROGERS survey came up EVERY time ...midscreen . If you clicked "not now" it would go away  but return again if you stayed too long .  With this latest survey there is no mid screen survey that shows up ....I'm just blocked by a survey page  from signing in .  I can go back and lurk no problem just can't continue on to  sign in

I find it extremely  hard to believe that this is not just another Rogers  "glitch" like has been  seen so often before.

@barndoor  FYI. There are also hidden trackers used by Rogers that can interfere with your site access.  I am using an add-blocker extension on Chrome and the Tracker below gets blocked when I try to access the Rogers site. Right now I have to use MS Edge without an add blocker in order to log on here.  I get the home page with Chrome, but I am not able to log into MyRogers with it.  These  advertisements, especially the pop up videos, suck up my limited Rogers internet data very quickly. It is costs me when I receive these adds, so I am totally unwilling to give up the add blocker. Perhaps Rogers should be more transparent and let customers know what information they are tracking and ask for our agreement first.  

Blocked tracker Rogers.jpg

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @Dbg44,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your honest feedback!

I can imagine how much of a pain it must be to have so many issues with our Apps, especially when it comes to making a payment which should be an easy process. 

What seems to be happening when you try to make a payment via the App/Website? Do you get an error message of any kind or are you unable to enter your payment information? What are the other Apps have you noticed issues with and what seems to be the problems you are facing with them? Any additional information you can provide will be most helpful.

We do take these issues seriously and look forward to your response!

RogersTony

@RogersTony  When I used the Rogers Mastercard to try and pay my bill, it would not work.  It was quite awhile ago but if I remember correctly, it was because I was using an add blocker.  Sorry, but I don't have the time to go back and look up the details for you.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

@User14 wrote:

@barndoor  FYI. There are also hidden trackers used by Rogers that can interfere with your site access.  I am using an add-blocker extension on Chrome and the Tracker below gets blocked when I try to access the Rogers site. Right now I have to use MS Edge without an add blocker in order to log on here.  I get the home page with Chrome, but I am not able to log into MyRogers with it.  These  advertisements, especially the pop up videos, suck up my limited Rogers internet data very quickly. It is costs me when I receive these adds, so I am totally unwilling to give up the add blocker. Perhaps Rogers should be more transparent and let customers know what information they are tracking and ask for our agreement first.  

Blocked tracker Rogers.jpg

Firefox also has Tracking Protection, but I've had to disable it for Community Forums because in order to make the "Like" button work.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A while back I developed the following list of suggestions for those who have difficulty logging in to the forums, MyRogers, Rogers e-mail, etc:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Yahoo-mail-login-issues/m-p/422533#M52372

I use Rogers MasterCard for payment on PAYGo (Auto-Top-Up) and my Cable TV/Internet/Rogers Home Phone bills (Auto Payment) without issues.

One other suggestion is to try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

@57 wrote:

A while back I developed the following list of suggestions for those who have difficulty logging in to the forums, MyRogers, Rogers e-mail, etc:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Yahoo-mail-login-issues/m-p/422533#M52372

I use Rogers MasterCard for payment on PAYGo (Auto-Top-Up) and my Cable TV/Internet/Rogers Home Phone bills (Auto Payment) without issues.

One other suggestion is to try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

@57 It appears your "hints" for email login are just as applicable for accessing MyRogers.  Cudos for that.

Note: I was able to access MyRogers using Chrome with advertisement and pop-up blockers prior to the 19th.

But the Incognito mode in Chrome is working for me right now.  I assume the web trackers are not tracking in this mode. Smiley Wink    Rogers should return to the old configuration until they fix this issue, but enough said. 

I also added your No. 6. and No. 7 suggestions for others who are looking for answers to the "cannot access MyRogers" problem.  They are good suggestions, especially No. 5. I use a clean Foxfire, but I didn't try it.

I was distracted by the Scheduled Maintenance banner. 

1. Make sure that you have Javascript turned on in your browser settings.

2. Make sure you don't have the pop-up blocker enabled.

3. Make sure you don't have any "extensions" like adblockers enabled.

4. Try a different browser.

5. It's always good to have a "clean" browser as a fallback so that you don't have anything blocking progress on certain websites that require some or all of the above.

6. try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

7. Try clearing cookies and reboot your PC

thanks for the info guys ..... I go to a  fair number of websites  that in my opinion need to be far more secure and accessible  than any forum or phone account  and they are far simpler and faster than coming here ...why ?

I'm not a computer  oriented person and don't know how to do half the stuff you are talking about here but  judging by the way other sites are working for me  I don't see why I should have to  if the company has any real interest in providing for its customers.  Simplest solution I see is to close out here and use the companies that  seem to be more customer oriented.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

I'm not a computer  oriented person and don't know how to do half the stuff you are talking about...

Here are a couple of tips for the "non-geeks". 

1. Download several different browsers for use on your computer. If one doesn't work, try another.  Many websites have a preferred browser and that's why I have 3 different ones on my computer.  If I'm having a problem on a website, I try a different browser.

2. Keep at least one of the browsers in its default mode. For example, don't add any adblockers, extensions, pop-up blockers, etc. as mentioned in the previous posts.  If something doesn't work, use that browser.  In Chrome, Incognito mode bypasses any cookies and that's why it'll often work.

3. If you don't know how to do something like clear cookies or clear the cache, simply go to the "help" pulldown for the browser and type what you want to do.  The instructions are usually easy to follow and sometimes the browser will even take you to the appropriate setting from "help".

Thanks @57 ,so far the incognito  seems to   have improved the  access time significantly . 

This does however seem to make it seem a whole lot more like a ROGERS generated issue  than a third party sourced issue and the implications of that on customer service remain in my opinion.

I've Been Around

I'm using my iPad...and when I enter my login credentials, nothing happens, not even an error message.