TV Authentication

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TV Authentication

Thanks for replying that the TV Authentication works with the iPhone. I agree that it is annoying that the app functionality does not seem to be consistent across the different platforms.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersShaun,

I'd be happy to provide you with my IP address and other information, but I do watch games on my iPhone with the LTE network, on my work's internet WIFI network and when I travel for business trips, therefore my IP is constantly changing. Will TV authentication not work if I am not at home?

On a side note, I am able to login to Sportsnet NOW from any network connection as it seems to be account based authentication. Why can't Rogers Gamecentre Live use this same format?

Thanks,

LP

Hello @lp1958,

Thanks so much for the details! I completely understand your concerns regarding Rogers NHL Live and the TV Authentication portion.

The Public IP of your device is what would be required to escalate this matter. That should not change as the Local IP address would reflect whatever Router you are connected to on your device. Sorry for the confusion there!

This is not something you would want to post Publicly so please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  the next time you are online and we can take a closer look at this for you and send off an escalation if needed.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersTony

The last couple of weeks I've noticed that my authentication has been working on my iPhone, but I am still getting black-out restrictions on my Playstation 4 for Leaf games. I am connecting to same home network as iPhone, using both wireless and hard wire.

Thanks,

LP

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't get the authentication prompt on anything anymore inclusive of iPhone on wifi or LTE, Xbox, or Apple TV Smiley Sad  I gave up and went to shaw and they were nice enough to give me more set top boxes for my other TV's that I was trying to use rogers nhl live on via xbox or atv. 

Hello @canolaking & @lp1958,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know that TV Authentication has been a frustrating issue for several users posting on the Community Forums.

I would like to clarify further on the matter of TV Authentication, as per Post 2 of this thread TV Authentication is only available on iOS and Android operating systems. It will not work on the PS4, Xbox or Apple TV for viewing games with regional blackouts.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersTony

Is there a reason why it is not enabled for Xbox, PS4 and AppleTV systems?

The reason I ask is that I have my Playstation 4 set-up where I do not have a cable box, I really do not want to buy/rent another rogers box just to watch hockey...

-LP

Hello @lp1958,

I am honestly not sure why only Android/iOS devices are eligible for TV Authentication at this time. What I am aware of is that regional blackout restrictions are pretty strict in order to protect the TV Networks that own the broadcasting rights to those specific Games.

In previous years there was no way around it but it seems like they are starting to budge a bit by allowing Android/iOS mobile devices to log in as long as they subscribe to those channels via their Cable TV subscriptions. 

It would be awesome if we could get the same functionality on other platforms too but it's unlikely that would be available for this season.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to chime in again that the TV Authentication feature is still not working for me. I am not getting the authentication screen as per the second post (http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-NHL-LIVE/TV-Authentication/m-p/405245/highlight/true#M20...). I just get the "Game Not Available" screen.

I also currently have ticket open with Rogers about the issue.

sigh...

I've Been Around

Apple TV NHL app blackout but still able to watch game on NHL app on iPhone

When I try to watch games on NHL app for Apple TV it says there is a regional blackout. However when I try to watch the same game on the NHL app for iPhone or IPad I am able to watch without issues