TV Authentication

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Authentication

Hello again @daedlus,

We would greatly appreciate it if you could reach out to us via Private Message, as we would like to look into this further.

On another note, I was wondering whether you are trying to connect from a network that could be tied to another location (for example, via VPN or Remote Access)?

We definitely want to help you sort this out.

We'll therefore look forward to your message to @CommunityHelps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I have actually logged a ticket with phone support. They are escalating the issue.

But no I am not using any VPN or similar access.

C127114929 is the ticket number if interested.
I Plan to Stick Around

Any word back on a resolution? The tv authentication is still not working. I have tried watching a Jets game from the Rogers cellular network, my home internet, and a friend's home internet. The app always bounces me to the "Game Not Available" screen.

I've Been Here Awhile

No, I still have not heard back from them. I was going to follow up tomorrow.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I want to watch an in-market game and I have both Rogers NHL Live and a sufficient cable package with a supported TV provider. However, when I go to an in-market game on Rogers NHL Live it just says "This game is blacked-out" and doesn't prompt me for TV authentication. I tried to contact Rogers NHL Live support but they couldn't help me. Does anyone have any solutions, or a way to get it working?

Thanks,

Ethan

Hello @Ethan_Summers,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

Getting blackout messages and missing the big games sounds like a pretty frustrating experience, we definitely want to ensure all of the games you are entitled to are working properly. 

We may need to escalate your information to a specific team to get this resolved. Is this happening on all of the devices that you've tested thus far? Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps with the Public IP Address of the affected device, the email address you use to log in, your postal code and the games that you are trying to watch that appear to be blacked out so we can escalate this for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

This is very frustrating as this is not a question about blackouts. It has to do with the TV Authentication feature that does not appear to exist despite being talked about in length in the FAQs and Support page for https://nhllive.rogers.com/. So far no one has demonstrated that the TV Authentication works.

From https://nhllive.rogers.com/en/support-faqs

What is TV Authentication?

When the right to an in-market game is owned by Rogers it is broadcasted on TV on Sportsnet. When the right to an in-market game is owned by TSN, RDS, or TVA, the games are broadcasted on those TV channels.

We have included all these in-market games in Rogers NHL LIVE™, but they are subject to TV authentication.

TV authentication means that if a subscriber is trying to watch an in-market game on Rogers NHL LIVE™, they must also have the corresponding TV channel for that game within their cable TV package with a participating TV provider. Scenario: A Rogers NHL LIVE™ subscriber tries to watch an in-market game

If the subscriber does not have the corresponding channel within their TV package, that game will not be available within Rogers NHL LIVE™ (it will be blacked out).
    If the subscriber has the channel within their TV package, but the TV package is not from a participating TV provider, that game will not be available within Rogers NHL LIVE™ (it will be blacked out).
    If the subscriber has the channel within their TV package and the TV package is from a participating TV provider, that game will be available within Rogers NHL LIVE™ (the stream will start).

The current list of participating TV providers is:

Rogers
    Telus Optik
    Vidéotron (currently only available for TVA Sports channels)
    Source Cable
    ShawGo
    Eastlink
    i3 Broadband

Does the "TV Authentication" feature actual exist? And if it does, has anyone seen it working?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

I am also having issues with TV authentication through the NHL Rogers Gamecentre/NHL.tv apps. I currently have Rogers Cable (supposedly compatible) with all Sportsnet and TSN channels. I reside in Toronto, Ontario (Leafs Region). I technically should be able to watch all Leafs games, but cannot as the TV authentication is not working.  This is quite frustrating as I pay for this service.

Does not work on Apple and Android devices.

Was also wondering if TV authentication is going to work for PS4 and XboxONE apps?

Thanks,

LP

Hello, @bontux and @lp1958,

Thanks for your posts, and welcome to the Community Forums @lp1958!

I'm a huge hockey fan too, and so far this season I've been using a mix of live TV, the NHL app, and the NHL Live website. I've streamed a little on my Xbox One, but haven't had a chance to try my PS4.  Like @lp1958, I have all of the channels in my cable package, but I've yet to see a blackout message.  I believe the authentication feature is indeed working, at least it is for me, but we definitely want to make sure it works for you too!

As @RogersTony said a few posts up, we may need to escalate this to a specific team to get this resolved.  

Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps with the Public IP Address of the affected device, the email address you use to log in, your postal code and the games that you are trying to watch that appear to be blacked out so we can have this escalated.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

On my iPhone I was able to get the authentication prompt all worked fine.  But on apple TV and Xbox I don't get this same prompt.  Any progress on RogersNHL side to resolve this technological grief?