TV Authentication

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

TV Authentication

The "What Can I Watch" (https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/support-game-availability) page talks about TV Authentication and being able to watch blacked out in market games if you have the corresponding channel from a participating TV provider. However, I don't see anywhere how I tie my rogers nhl live account with my TV provider.

Is there instruction on how do I tie my TV provider account to my rogers nhl live account?

Thank you.

**Added Labels**

Re: TV Authentication

Good evening @bontux,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & Thanks for your post!

I understand your need to stream in-market games, and I'm sure this information will help several other users as well.

You can unlock regional games by logging in with your participating TV provider credentials.

Please note that TV authentication is valid for Android and iOS.

To proceed, follow the steps outlined below:

1. Tap on the regional (in-market) game you wish to watch.

2. After choosing the regional game of the team in your area, you will see the following screen. Click Authorize.

tv auth.png

3. Choose your provider and tap Done. This will take a second to pull up your provider screen.

tv auth2.png

4. Enter your Eastlink, Source Cable, Telus or Videotron login credentials (the process is the same).

5. The game will then begin to play automatically after validating your login credentials (provided you have that channel in your existing television package).

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I downloaded the NHL android app, signed in, tapped on the Jets vs Canucks game, and tapped on watch. I did not get the authorize screen. Instead I got the "Game Not Available" screen.

GameNotAvailable.png

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Any update on this? I am having exactly the same issue trying to watch a Flames game.

Hello @daedlus & @bontux,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

Not being able to watch your favourite hockey teams play is frustrating, to say the least. I know I would be less than impressed if this was happening to me so we definitely need to get this resolved for you and others being affected.

Can I confirm if this is only happening when trying to view specific teams? What area are you in when trying to view these games? If others are having similar issues please post the games that are affected and the city you are trying to watch from so we can investigate this further.

It's also a good idea to check Here for more info on Blackout restrictions in your area as per Post 1 in this thread

We look forward to hearing back from you about this matter.

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I was attempting to watch the Jets vs. Canucks game on October 13th, 2017 and I am located in Winnipeg. My understanding is that I should be able able to stream this game if I authenticate with a participating TV provider. But I did not get a prompt for authentication. Instead I got the "Game Not Available" page.

I haven't had issues watching the other out of market or nationally broadcast games. Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 has another Jets game on TSN3, so I will attempt to stream that game and see if the TV Authentication is still not working.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am able to watch the Panthers vs. Flyers game and the Penguins vs. Rangers game. However, I'm still getting the "Game Not Available" screen when I attempt to watch the Jets game. I am not getting the Authorize screen as indicated in the second post (by RogersMaudein this thread.

I've Been Around

I live in British Columbia (Vancouver Island) and access NHL Live via the Apple TV app.  I've twice tried to watch Oiler games (vs Jets, vs Hurricanes, October 2017) but I get a screen saying that the game is blacked out in my area because it's on SNOL (Sportsnet Oilers).  

My television provider is Telus Optik TV.  I've purchased the Sports package through them, including all available Sportsnet channels.  I can't get Sportsnet Oilers because I live in BC, not Alberta.  SNOL is only available in Alberta.  So the game is not on any of the channels I have access to through Optik TV.

For some reason Rogers NHL Live must be assuming I live in Alberta, at least when I'm accessing it through the Apple TV.  When I access NHL Live through my computer, I am NOT blacked out and I can view the games just fine. 

I do not get a TV Authentication screen (when accessing through Apple TV) where I can enter any information about my television provider.

This leads me to believe that there is a communication problem between my Apple TV and Rogers NHL Live.  I tried changing the IP address that my Apple TV was using, and I also tried changing the DNS.  Neither worked.  I reset the Apple TV.  I restored the Apple TV.  I ensured the Apple TV software was up to date.  I unplugged the Apple TV and plugged it back in.  I unplugged the router and plugged it back in.  Nothing worked.

Can anyone provide any insight or solutions to the problem I'm having? 

I called Rogers and was told that the help centre couldn't help me.  The reason I couldn't view the game was because I was blacked out.  Wow.  After explaining in great detail again and receiving nothing resembling an answer or assistance, I asked for someone else at the help centre who might know something about my problem.  I was told that it was against policy to refer a phone call to someone else in the department, but that I could call back and hope for the best.  I didn't wish to spend another 15+ minutes on hold.  The game is half over by this point.

I was then told that I needed to contact the NHL, and he gave me a number that ended up being the NHL Shop.  When I spoke to them they said I had the wrong department and gave me the number for NHL TV Support.  NHL TV Support said that they don't deal with any problems in Canada . . . that was exclusively up to Rogers.  So back to square one.

I'm not happy with the level of support I've experienced so far from Rogers.  I would greatly appreciate any help anyone might be able to provide.  Thank you.  

Hi Community!

We know just how important hockey is to all of you, so if you're experiencing a blackout message in error, please PM us @CommunityHelps.

We'll need to gather some information from you so we can check to ensure your location is being geotagged properly. It's possible that we may need to whitelist your IP addresses.

We look forward to hearing from you so we can get this resolve for you Smiley Happy

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I will send a PM as instructed, however I wanted to post in here as well. 

I am able to watch games that are not a Flames game. According to the map, it should be blacked out on the NHL app.

The problem that we are experiencing is when we try to use TV authentication. I have a Shaw TV account that I am trying to authenticate with to allow me to watch the blacked out games through the NHL app as your documentation suggests. The issue is there is no place for us to do this authentication.

I am missing my games because I am not at home most evenings for the next couple of months.