Setting up Pre-authorized Chequing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Setting up Pre-authorized Chequing

I have logged on to MyRogers and tried over the past few days daily trying to set up Pre-authorized Chequing payment. Everytime the next day, got an email back from Rogers saying that Bank information is not valid, and set up failed. Have tried like 10 times with different leading zeros, or using different browsers, but still failed.

This is a new cable tv account (by default set at payment by invoice), and this account is created due to a new cable tv contract. The prior one ended 2 months ago and has always been on Pre-authorized payment for more than 2 years. The same bank information is used (no doubt) but cannot be set up for the new account. Even worst, I went to a Rogers outlet and the Rep tried to do it at the shop and it also failed. They called into Cust Svs but have no clue on what happened. Only suggesting me to keep trying later. This is for a Senior who have no credit card but a chequing account. The same bank information has also been used for regular Rental payment..etc, so it cannot be wrong. 

Can anyone think of any possible reason? 

***Edited Labels***

Re: Setting up Pre-authorized Chequing

Hi @pl27,

Welcome to the Community!

Addressing your issue requires access to your account. I’m going to have someone reach out to you from @CommunityHelps in a Private Message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thank you,

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Some one has sent PM and a link to access the account, which I filled out and returned. Nothing was heard since then for 2 weeks.

Today, I used the SAME bank information to enter into Fido online (like MyRogers) to set up Pre-authorized bank debit for a fido account billing. And it went through first try without any problem instantly. As the Fido online system is quite the same as the MyRogers system, I conclude it was a Rogers system problem/glitch. I suggest someone in Rogers to check and test that the system is functioning properly. 

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hello @pl27

The secure link sent in private messages by CommunityHelps to access accounts are time sensitive, if you fill it out, you must respond in the PM to advise completion or else the link expires and details entered are lost, as no one has retrieved it. This is a security feature and to protect all sensitive data.

Would you kindly respond to us via PM, if your issue is still on going?

Thank you,

RogersShakir

I've Been Here Awhile

After 4 weeks of trying more than 25 times using MyRogers to update for Pre-authorized chequing payment, plus unsuccessful setup tries at Rogers outlet store, and non-helpful talking to 3-4 Rogers Rep over the phone, the MyRogers request that was submitted last Thursday was sucessfully processed with a confirmation email last Friday. As I described in above thread, the SAME BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION has been using all the time throughout all the tries. So except that it was a Rogers system problem that somehow got fixed recently and thus update got processed successfully last Friday, there is no other reasonable explanation for it. The thing that upset me the most is all the Rogers Rep (4-5) that I interfaced with face-to-face at genuine rogers outlets (not authorized dealers) and on phones, nobody care and offer to report to their system/technical support to look into it. All just want to get rid of you to leave/hang up.  All until I wrote a complaint a week ago, and then it got fixed silently and mysteriously a week later. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ensure acct is up2date

I just wanted to add that when setting up preauth with credit card or chq account - be sure that a pmt is done prior to clear up owing bal as the pre-auth will not move forward to the next billing cycle and provided there is no balance owing...

a owing bal can cause the pre-auth to not work untill the amount is cleared...

Smiley Happy

(pre auth can be set up via rogers.com - if pre-auth cc then agent can assist over the phone)

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you have a visa debit with the chequeing acct - you can use pre-auth credit card with the visa debit and will take the monthly payment from the bank card info...

One way i can think of to by passt invalid bank info alert

(have you sw bank to ensure that bank # transit # and acct # are all valid?)

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

I just find it odd there was a need for a new account at all. Just because a contract expires doesn't mean a new account is created. The new contract offer would be applied to the same account. In fact the only reason for a new account to be created is if services are at a different address. So unless you moved or unless the banking information was removed, the pre-authorized information should've just remained on the account without having to be re-added.