Rogers Website needs some improvement.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Website needs some improvement.

1) MyRogers does not show the full details of your account. It does not show the full content of your package nor does it show how many email addresses are active for your account. To manage email you have to log out of MyRogers and log into another site (Yahoo). At the Yahoo site you are prompted to enter your user name and password (which are different from MyRogers) MULTIPLE times then you have to enter a disguised CODED PASSWORD in addition to your Yahoo password before you can even get into your account. It's RIDICULOUS! That Yahoo site isn't very user friendly either - not designed with the average customer in mind. There should be prominent links in the top menu of the page to manage your account - not hidden halfway down a sidebar. I suggest that there should be a link from MyRogers that takes you to your email account management. Once you log in, you should be in. 

2) There is no obvious link where feedback about the website operation can be entered. I was experiencing difficulty accessing the MyRogers site. It kept crashing every time I clicked on the Sign In link, so I could not get into my account. I clicked the feedback tab and entered info to which I received no response. So I had to call in and ask why the website kept crashing and what link can I go to give feedback about this. It appears to be a Safari problem. The guy on the phone directed me to this place otherwise I would not have known that this goes to Rogers and is not a typical discussion forum.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Website needs some improvement.

Hello @socagirl2,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

What information about your package are you looking for?

If it is not available online we can certainly find more information for you.

Unfortunately the Yahoo email account and myRogers are two separate portals.

They serve different purposes therefore will not be linked to one another.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to use a different browser to see if the web page still crashes?

We appreciate and encourage any feedback/ideas you may have that could better enhance user experience.

To share a concern click here.

To post an idea to the Idea Box click here.

Regards,
RogersMay

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your response however, even though they are 2 different portals, I still believe that as part of Customer Support there should be a link at the MyRogers account page that will at least take you to the portal for your email management because EMAIL IS PART OF THE SAME ACCOUNT for which you are paying and managing. I have seen many websites where links to other sites are provided as a convenience to their customers.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@socagirl2

I can understand and see the convenience in doing so for users who use the same credentials for Rogers Yahoo and MyRogers.

This could be a change embraced by a lot of users.

However, not all users use their Yahoo email address to sign in to myRogers and not all users have a Rogers Yahoo email as they are only provided to internet service subscribers.

Thank you for your post.

As mentioned above you are welcome to post an idea to the Idea Box. 🙂

RogersMay

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont beleive that the section where the changes / management for the rogers/yahoo emails can be directly accessed via a link/url..

Requires loging into the rogers/yahoo first, then going into settings.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

About four or five months ago, maybe more, the site changed and became fairly snappy.  That has all gone away again.  Some web devs need to be fired, they are using the wrong tools.  Slow!!  Takes 5 minutes for a login to complete, and that is consistent.  I go read anothe website for a bit, come back...  Can (as in put it in the rubish bin) the stupid animation for starters.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

And really what good will that do OY ...they have a format right here in this bulletin board for complaints and they seem to want to deal with them all privately and seemingly sweep them under the rug . I have spoken to several rogers customers that don't use the website  because it is such a pain . 

Just like you getting spam emails and having to go to them to get your the correction made it is just another illustration of how Rogers really doesn't care about their customers  ... they are just chasing the $$$$$$ . 

This has been going on long enough that it is a no brainer to realize the attitude that they have towards their customers .Their are just so many examples  and it has been going on  for so long  you either need  to  be of an attitude to accept them the way they are or go elsewhere  .... because while they jump up and down and claim to change  ... they don't . When you can deal with so many other websites and have a good experience  you start to realize threat  this isn't about cookies and cache , it's about Rogers attitude to their customers. I see the same attitude in other business sectors as well .... they are usually well run profitable companies  and their attitude to customers is identical  Rogers... they are all fuzzy and warm and helpfull  to your face  and they nickle and dime you to death behind your back.  It's just the way it is .

I mean really, what kind of company does not use linkable subscripts on a web page in this day and age  .....  Smiley Wink

If you don't like the way it works either suck it up or  go elsewhere  because only lost customers and dollars are going to swing the attitude  and likely then it will just  be a "restructuring".Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

And really what good will that do OY ...they have a format right here in this bulletin board for complaints and they seem to want to deal with them all privately and seemingly sweep them under the rug . I have spoken to several rogers customers that don't use the website  because it is such a pain . 

I went to that page and lodged a complaint about the website, in particular problems signing in to this forum (today it took three attempts before my username/password screen appeared).  I received a reply after one day suggesting I try another browser. That's unaccepable. Why should I use a strange, unfriendly browser for Rogers when Firefox works perfectly for everything else? I received another reply my concern was being passed on and meanwhile I should look at my popup blocker (that's not the problem).  Anyway, it is another avenue.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Same old ,same old eh OY ? 

Why is it I get a request entity denied page and failure to post a 100  word post here. 

Sigh.....another computer glitch ??