Rogers NHL Gamecentre - Audio Feed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers NHL Gamecentre - Audio Feed

Anyone besides me notice the audio interuptions during the game and during announcers comments.  I mean Joy ads, BMW ads, loud music, I know one was a CBC advert.  Absolutely annoying and some tech from Rogers telling me to empty my cache and rebooting.  What in the "he and two sticks" has that to do about two differnt feeds of audio.   Rogers you need to do a better job on the security of your audio feed.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Rogers NHL Gamecentre - Audio Feed

Hello, @jfmitch1716

I tried replicating the issue you've mentioned on the Chrome browser. I watched DAL/CBJ and currently watching CHI/ARI and don't see any ads or hear loud music. I don't experience any issues with the audio feed.

@Community - anybody else experiencing any audio feed issue as described by the OP?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jfmitch1716 wrote:

Anyone besides me notice the audio interuptions during the game and during announcers comments.  I mean Joy ads, BMW ads, loud music, I know one was a CBC advert.  Absolutely annoying and some tech from Rogers telling me to empty my cache and rebooting.  What in the "he and two sticks" has that to do about two differnt feeds of audio.   Rogers you need to do a better job on the security of your audio feed.

***Edited Labels***

Do you have any other browser tabs open while watching the game?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No only IE to get the on-line game.

Jim

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello, 

Good question @Lurker, I was also thinking somewhere along the lines of this being adware related? Maybe some advertisement that plays while @jfmitch1716 is watching the live feed but this would normally show on the same window or another ad popup. 

@jfmitch1716, can you please try streaming on another device or browser and see if you have the same issue? As @RogersMoin stated before, we did test it here and didn't experience the issue you have mentioned. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

I'll use Firefox next time.  I can garantee there is no adware on my machine.  Maybe a crossfeed between the local teams broadcast and the visiting teams braodcast, in my case Tampa broadcast interfering with Montreal broadcast.  A lot of the adverts came on when there were short breaks in the action and when Montreal broadcasters were speaking.  Maybe Tampa was running ads at that time.