cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers MyWiFi app crashes when running speed test in app

ntvai
I'm here a lot

Hi. As title suggests. App crashes unexpectedly when running the speed test function inside the MyWifi app. Cannot use the Ignite wifi hub app because I have the CODA gateway by Hutton (white box).

Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max
iOS: 14.3
Reproducible: Each time, by running MyWifi and starting an internet speed test. Crashes when it starts running the test modem-side.

App: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/rogers-mywifi-early-access/id1349871852

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers MyWiFi app crashes when running speed test in app

RogersMoin

Hello, @ntvai.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for flagging the issue with the speed test in the MyWiFi app. When was the last time it worked for you?

Have you tried rebooting the modem and trying the speed test?

The app is still in the early access stage, so all the features may not be fully functional. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Hi,

> When was the last time it worked for you?
When I had an iPhone 8 Plus, running iOS 13. It still worked. No crashes whatsoever.

> Have you tried rebooting the modem and trying the speed test?
Yes I even reset the modem to factory settings. Still reproducible.

> The app is still in the early access stage, so all the features may not be fully functional.
That’s fine not sure what “broke” intern but how this comes back because it’s a useful self serve tool that skips a call to Tech Support. Any chance I can use the Ignite Wifi app instead? I’m fairly certain I have ignite wifi service but not the TV package.

Hello, @ntvai.

Thank you for your responses; I appreciate all the info. Unless you switch to Ignite Internet (XB6 modem)/Ignite TV service, you cannot use the Ignite WiFi Hub app. This app is not compatible with the CODA-4582 modem. And it has no speed test feature available.

Have you tried the speed test option available on the MyRogers app? The option is available in the Support tab.

Thank you for understanding!

Regards,
RogersMoin

Hi. No, the speed test app on the my Rogers app is not useful for what I need. That tests the internet connection of my device. The My Wifi app can test the modems speed which is useful given that very few devices are coming equipped with a LAN port. So I need that app to work, and right now it isn’t.

Hello @ntvai,

We really appreciate the additional info! 🙂

This matter is currently under investigation and we are waiting for further details. If a ticket needs to be submitted on your account, we will let you know. Thanks so much for bringing this matter to our attention.

Community, is anyone else experiencing this same issue? If so, we'd like to hear from you! 

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation