Rogers Gamecenter Launch Failure

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Gamecenter Launch Failure

According to this page: http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/support/faqs/nhl/ It states that the apps would be live and available for launch Oct 6.  Today is the 7th and when I go into My Rogers, it says launch is on Oct 8.  Good to see that you were able to get your launch dates in line with everyone.  Looks like it's going to be another launch failure, much like the launch of many of your other offerings like wireless coverage and billing.

***Edited Labels.***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Gamecenter Launch Failure

Are talking about the apps?  At least on the IPhone and iPad they were updated yesterday Oct 6.  Hwever it appears that there is a new wrinkle in that you cannot be logged in to more than one iOS device at the same time with your MyRogers login.

This is going to cause issues if it persists because what happens if I've left my ipad logged in when I go out for example and then try to log in with my iPhone?

I can see blocking the two devices from streaming at the same time, but not barring simulatenous logins...

NefCanuck

I'm a Senior Advisor

@moxy wrote:

According to this page: http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/support/faqs/nhl/ It states that the apps would be live and available for launch Oct 6.  Today is the 7th and when I go into My Rogers, it says launch is on Oct 8.  Good to see that you were able to get your launch dates in line with everyone.  Looks like it's going to be another launch failure, much like the launch of many of your other offerings like wireless coverage and billing.

And had the apps launched today or yesterday, what would you be watching?  Given that the NHL season doesn't actually start until tomorrow (October 8th, coincidentally).....

I Plan to Stick Around

I've run into two issues with the app:

1. There is nowhere in the android tablet app for you to enter a Rogers login. (It was hard enough to find on the iPhone app.) The only option is a US login.

2. Similary, if you want to link a Sony device to GameCentre Live, the only option is a US login - it does not accept Rogers account logins.

So is this supposed to be a full service app, or just for iOS devices and laptops?\

I Plan to Stick Around

@Lurker wrote:
And had the apps launched today or yesterday, what would you be watching?  Given that the NHL season doesn't actually start until tomorrow (October 8th, coincidentally).....

They would have had preview videos. I wanted to see the product before it got bogged down with users and crashed.

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation