cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers App Password Generator

timchase
I've been here awhile

How long will Rogers be working to resolve the app Password Generator that has been down for a week. 

***Edited Labels***

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Rogers App Password Generator

they gave you the code over the phone?

Tech Support won't give me a code, so I'm stuck waiting for Yahoo.  See you in another 3 months....

msmckone
I've been here awhile

It's been down for MONTHS!  So frustrating that Rogers can't be bothered to fix this issue.

danno100
I plan to stick around

I have already sent an email and never got a response back

danno100
I plan to stick around

Now it's almost end of May and still not fixed....I may have to find another email client as Rogers can't fix the Yahoo  issue...

sidneychiu
I've been around

Just spoke with Rogers techincal support via chat and no auto forwarding which could help alleviate the situation but since YAHOO is the server - and we cannot purchase added features with our Rogers account we can't auto forward emails to another account so at least we can check in our email client. WHAT A PAIN

gregcan
I've been here awhile

Rogers App Password Generator down today! When will it be fixed?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gregcan : If you check out the various threads on this topic you will find that the App PW generator has been down since early March, not just today, and there is no ETA on when it'll be fixed.

Problem surfaced in March, and it's now 20 July 2023.  Same workarounds being offered; use iPhone, Android, or sign in to Rogers/Yahoo web page to use the Rogers/Yahoo kluge e-mail.  Still no solution to generating an app password, which would enable use of a solid e-mail management tool like Outlook.  No communique from Rogers to inform or explain the situation.  Rogers help line and & on-line chat offered same weak alternatives.  Astonishing !

ve3tej
I plan to stick around

Rogers will not be fixing the problem. 

They want you to use a cell phone, they don't care about people using a PC.

danno100
I plan to stick around

Can anyone from Rogers give us an update when this password generator will be fixed!!

Ati1
I've been here awhile

I used to receive my Rogers mail on my Mac by creating and acct in Apple Mail. Since last week my acct on Mail no longer works. Yahoo can't authenticate the acct on my Mail...

A Rogers tech support said we can't use rogers mail on any third party apps anymore, ever. Is this true? What to other Mac users do about it - anyone have the same problem? I can't believe Rogers would make such a change and not announce it anywhere. The previous two reps never mentioned this and were stumped. This is really confusing.

Ati1
I've been here awhile

I finally found the discussion on this matter. Rogers has become hard to navigate, to find anything, to get answers. Nobody warned me about the pwd generator problem at all and it looks 3 tech reps for someone to even know  that was the problem - even their own employees are confused about this. I find it really poor business practice, usually happens when a company gets so big it starts living for itself and not for its users... Very disappointed with Rogers services in general, this is one more thing.

msmckone
I've been here awhile

Well at least they FINALLY ADMITTED IT!  I had contacted Rogers multiple times to try to get answers and they just kept saying that 'they were working hard to resolve the issue'.  I finally created an outlook.com email address and will eventually migrate all my emails away from rogers.com.

danno100
I plan to stick around

I guess I will do the same. My son did that years ago. Way to go Rogers, keep up the good work...wish I had another way to get same speed internet...I would be gone....very sad, and I kept calling, why wouldn't someone say this...they blamed Yahoo...I have so much attached to rogers.com email...I guess it's time to move on away

I've always had Rogers mail in Outlook. Now I need a 16 digit password, but the password generator doesn't work! I HATE WEB MAIL! This is unaccusable for what I pay every month!

danno100
I plan to stick around

Well I called Rogers support yesterday and they infomed me they are still working on the issue. So this has been going on since March!!!

msmckone
I've been here awhile

Yes, this has been an issue since March.  Yes, "they are still working on the issue".  Don't hold your breath.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nitwitbyday wrote:

...This is unaccusable for what I pay every month!

Just as an FYI, although you may be paying Rogers for certain services, like Internet or TV, you are not directly "paying" for the use of Rogers/Yahoo email services, as discussed in the following post in the other app PW thread:  It is considered a "free service."

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/505719/highlight/true#M...

I'm just as angry as other people that this issue has been going on since early March - almost half a year.

danno100
I plan to stick around

It's NOT a free service it's part of your internet.. Just fix it!!!

Good Day @Ati1! 😊

I noticed you've connected with us via PM! We can most certainly continue there in the event that you have any other questions or concerns. 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

Topic Stats