Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Hello and welcome to our Community!

If you're having trouble using our app, you've come to the right place for help.

Have you checked yet to see if your phone is missing any important updates? Please check to make sure you're running the most recent OS version available for your phone and that the app is fully up to date.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am getting error 1001, 1002 or 5002.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There are many comments / feedback in the Google Play store - can't sign in because of reCaptcha.  Is anyone looking into this?  I've tried different network, clearing cache, reboot tablet, re-install.  Nothing works for the app, but I have no problems in Windows/Chrome.

Highlighted

Hello @taxpros  & @cnsultnt,

We hope you've been keeping safe and well! Thanks for sharing your recent AnyplaceTV experiences with the community, we are sorry you've been having these problems as of late. That can't be fun. 😕

By any chance, have you recently made any changes to your services such as an equipment swap or a migration to Ignite TV? As per post #381 of this thread, are your presently using the most up to date version of our app (13.4.0.0) and are your affected devices on the latest OS?

We may need to investigate this further and possibly lodge a ticket on the back end. If possible, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

how to lower bandwidth quality to "good" in the app while watching in windows PC browser. Not everyone has unlimited internet and a blue jays baseball game can use up 5-6GB Data. Where as in the phone app only approx 1GB+ (that is assuming it is working)
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jackfree23 : I don't see any place (pardon the pun) to change the quality in the browser, like you have in the app for phone/tablet.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you Heinz 57,
Ok, then how to get Android Phone to cast to TV or is there an adapter that can plug in the phone and go to HDMI like with Iphones? I see there are mini USB to HDMI but, does that allow the phone to expand picture on the TV? Or has anyone figured out the Rogers App while using a phone emulator on the Laptop? Thanks so much
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't do it myself, but here's a post on casting. There may be more information in posts nearby.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Solution: Rogers let me upgrade Internet to unlimited for $10 more on bill.  (FYI - the customer service rep said TV and Internet is going up $3 per service starting on your next bill)

I have RATV working and don't have to worry about overages now.

However, since you still can't lower the quality on the rogers anyplace tv on the laptop it is not perfect, can be choppy or out of sync.  I love hearing a home run go over the fence and then see it a few seconds later.(LOL)

Note: Rogers simple solution let us lower quality like the phone/tablet app has or let us cast to tv.

I will out of curiosity buy, a phone/tablet to HDMI cable and see if works.

Thanks so much "57" for advice.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm pleased to have been of assistance.

@jackfree23 wrote:  Rogers simple solution let us lower quality like the phone/tablet app...

Don't hold your breath.  Anyplace is associated with the Legacy Digital Cable technology and with Rogers wanting customers to shift over to Ignite, I doubt any features will be added.  The last thing Rogers did a few years ago with Anyplace was to take away our ability to set recordings from a remote location...