Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Hello @sparky220 & @golfrox!

Thanks for posting in the Community! We appreciate your contributions!

@sparky220, great first post! Just to clarify, Rogers Anyplace TV, Live and On-Demand content, is available to stream on any supported web browser, smartphone or tablet while in Canada. As we are a Canadian company, Rogers Anyplace TV service is not available outside of Canada at this time. Sorry for any disappointment.

A few things to note:

- You can access content based on your Digital TV subscription. 
- Content available to stream on the app may be different from content available to stream on a web browser due to the agreements in place with the content providers.
- Certain channels have restrictions placed on them by the content provider and may only be available to stream while on the Rogers network, whereas, some channels can be viewed on any internet connection while in Canada. You can view the channel availability by clicking HERE and selecting the "See available channels>" link.

Please also have a look at RogersMoin's post #345 for the Anyplace TV requirements.

@golfrox, we were not aware of there being an ongoing issue with the option to expand a video into fullscreen while using Anyplace TV. Can you please clarify if you are using a specific mobile device to steam, or if this is on a mobile browser using a laptop/desktop? Does this issue ONLY happen while using Anyplace TV, or with other streaming services too?

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am using my laptop and using chrome...same issue on other platforms....only issue is when using anyplace tv.....btw....this issue has been an on going issue for at least 3 months now.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey - Ive been complaining about the same thing - there is no full screen anymore.  Its been going on for months now.  It just disappeared one day.  No other platform I use to watch on has this problem.  Crave, Netflix, CBC - just rogers any place tv.

I would guess people do not call in to complain because nothing is ever solved with rogers.  Its happened to me so many times.  I give up.  If I ever had to pay for the service I wouldn't.  

Good morning Community!

I did some digging into this issue after reproducing it for myself from here and I can report that this fullscreen issue is a known issue that we're working on.

In the meantime, you can use the browser shortcut F11 on your keyboard to get into and out of fullscreen.

I'm sorry that the button isn't working, I know it's an irritant but we're developing a solution. Please share this workaround with anyone you know that uses AnyPlace TV!

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yesterday out of curiosity I tried Anyplace in  Chrome (not my default browser) and the full screen button did not work. But F11 didn't work either. Today I tried again, same thing, but I could get full screen from the dropdown menu from the button in the top right corner. F11 could then take me out of full screen, but not into it. Curious.  Not a big fan of Chrome, just Firefox.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR

I use Chrome as my primary browser and F11 works for me. Please make sure your browsers are fully up to date.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm a Senior Advisor

My Chrome is up to date. It's only when playing shows from the Anyplace Guide that F11 does not work to enter full screen, only to exit. Running Windows 7.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario