cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV

Chanson01
I've Been Here Awhile

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

***Edited Labels***

391 REPLIES 391

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

@susanperelman : I heard that rumour a few years ago. Since it is a requirement that one needs to have a STB for Anyplace to work, perhaps it takes that long for the STB to communicate its presence properly to the head end for Anyplace to work. In most cases it worked properly overnight (in my case a few years back), but perhaps to be safe some techs or CSRs say 48 hours.

susanperelman
I Plan to Stick Around

It is still not working it has passed the 48 hour mark - now they say they need another 48 hours to have an engineer look into it.  ?!

All I know is when I contact any type of regular support with Rogers - nothing happens - generally the service is poor.  I contacted them 3 times over the weekend 2 of the times I was asked security questions to enter my account - once nothing.  When I asked about the security questions they said it was not necessary but the other two agents it was.

If you have a problem that you want solved contact the form on the website and tell them your concern.  Then a manger or more senior person contacts you and they solve the issue.  That is the only time I have my issue resolved.  

So many times the front line person does not know the answer, cannot help you with the issue - before the weekend I contacted an agent via text.  They ignore my direct request to have a support person to call me 4 times! I asked again and again - they said they couldn't do that.  When I pointed out how many times they had ignored my straight question and that they should review this for future training - the same support person called me themselves and when I asked them if they could help me with my issue they said no - so why are they wasting my time again???  I filed the complaint online - the senior person called me back and resolved everything in less than 10 minutes.

I suggest others start using this route, Rogers will have to change their methods if mangers and senior people are overwhelmed with issues front line staff should be able to handle.

Even though the rogers anyplace tv worked briefly before ,now it says i have the wrong browser .The issue at another time said ,i wasnt in Canada ,i live in Canada . Somebodys dropping the ball here ,jk jk kinda 😎

Hey @Bigffish,

*Dives for the dropping ball* Loss of Anyplace TV is definitely an inconvenience and I can appreciate wanting to get this resolved quickly.  Let's see what we can do to push that along for ya. Can you confirm for me what browser you're using and if the issue persists on any other device?

RogersAndy

susanperelman
I Plan to Stick Around

And just like that - no reason - everything is up to date - no changes on my side -

My Anyplace TV will not go to full screen anymore.  I've waited a week.  Done restarts.  Ensured all updates are completed.  Nope no full screen.

Every single day i learn of a new way to watch online the programs i want via new streaming services.  When my "good deal" package I have with Rogers runs out.  There will be no need for me to renew.  How can there be so many problems watching with rogers and never any other streaming service?

Over the weekend I realized my Anyplace TV has stopped working... the funny part, only on my laptop. My desktop still logs in fine. Both are at home on the home network. Both are using Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98. Both share the same password login as Chrome is synced across the two. The only difference is I can't bring my desktop with me to the toilet!

When I try logging in on my laptop on Chrome I get "Something went wrong. Please try restarting the app or try again later." If I do it on IE, I get "Server error could not retrieve entitlements."

This worked two weeks ago, whatever you've done you've broke it on your end. I've reset Chrome, deleted the cookies, passwords, everything...

Any advice?

Here's a list of things to check. I know you've tried some, but have you tried them all?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Mocoso
I've Been Here Awhile

Fire HD 8 (2018) with Fire OS 6 [equivalent Android 7 Nougat]

Rogers Anyplace TV app (from Google Play) thinks I am outside of Canada I don't have a VPN Same app on my S7 opened from same place (home) at same time via Wi-Fi works fine All others app (FXNowCanada, a&e, CityTV, CTV, GlobalTV, History Go, Bravo Go, Space Go, SN SportsNet, cBC etc from Bell, Rogers and independent networks) work fine. But not Rogers Anyplace ... What is wrong?

Hello, @Mocoso.

I appreciate joining the conversation. If I correctly understood, Anyplace TV works on Samsung S7 but not on Fire HD 8 running Fire OS 6. 

Below are the Anyplace TV requirements:

Operating Systems:

• Android device running Android 4.4 or higher
  • iOS device running iOS9 or higher
  • Macintosh OS running a supported web browser
  • Microsoft Windows running a support web browser

Plug-Ins and More:

• JavaScript
  • Must enable cookies in the browser
  • Must enable Location Services on tablets and smartphones

Web Browsers:

• Google Chrome v.50+
  • Internet Explorer 11 (latest version) on Windows 8.1+
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Safari

At the moment, devices running Fire OS are not supported. Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

AaronMT
I Plan to Stick Around

Because there is a absolutely no direct line of feedback to the AnyplaceTV devs I am having to post in this forum a bug report.

Bug Report:

Full-screen toggle control has been broken in v13.0.45 for about a month now.

Issue is reproducible in Chrome 71, Firefox 64, and Safari 12.

Steps to reproduce the issue: attempt to click on the full-screen button on the video player.

Expected results: video enters full-screen

Actual results: tapping the full-screen toggle does nothing but throw an uncaught error in console.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to execute 'requestFullscreen' on 'Element': parameter 1 ('options') is not an object.

Your full-screen code is completely broken in your minified JS script: https://rogersanyplacetv.com/main.7cab5ea2f68ee8819916.bundle.js

When will this be fixed?

Hello, @AaronMT.

We appreciate posting the bug in the Community; we can certainly pass it along to the app support. Thank you for replicating the issue on multiple browsers.

For my curiosity, how were you able to replicate it on Firefox? 

As a workaround, you can use the F11 key to activate full-screen mode while we work on fixing the issue. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so that we can submit a ticket for you. Thus you can be notified once the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

susanperelman
I Plan to Stick Around
I complained about this issue months ago. So glad someone is finally doing something about it. It’s ridiculous that full screen ability just disappeared one day.

Mobile tv is the future. Get in it Rogers.

sparky220
I've Been Around
So Any Place TV doesn’t really work “Anyplace”. If I’m not on my home network I can’t watch certain channels. If I’m not in Canada I can’t watch Anything!! So any place Tv is really any place in your house tv.

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around
And when are they going to fix the pic expand feature that does not work?

Hello @sparky220 & @golfrox!

Thanks for posting in the Community! We appreciate your contributions!

@sparky220, great first post! Just to clarify, Rogers Anyplace TV, Live and On-Demand content, is available to stream on any supported web browser, smartphone or tablet while in Canada. As we are a Canadian company, Rogers Anyplace TV service is not available outside of Canada at this time. Sorry for any disappointment.

A few things to note:

- You can access content based on your Digital TV subscription. 
- Content available to stream on the app may be different from content available to stream on a web browser due to the agreements in place with the content providers.
- Certain channels have restrictions placed on them by the content provider and may only be available to stream while on the Rogers network, whereas, some channels can be viewed on any internet connection while in Canada. You can view the channel availability by clicking HERE and selecting the "See available channels>" link.

Please also have a look at RogersMoin's post #345 for the Anyplace TV requirements.

@golfrox, we were not aware of there being an ongoing issue with the option to expand a video into fullscreen while using Anyplace TV. Can you please clarify if you are using a specific mobile device to steam, or if this is on a mobile browser using a laptop/desktop? Does this issue ONLY happen while using Anyplace TV, or with other streaming services too?

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around
I am using my laptop and using chrome...same issue on other platforms....only issue is when using anyplace tv.....btw....this issue has been an on going issue for at least 3 months now.

susanperelman
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey - Ive been complaining about the same thing - there is no full screen anymore.  Its been going on for months now.  It just disappeared one day.  No other platform I use to watch on has this problem.  Crave, Netflix, CBC - just rogers any place tv.

I would guess people do not call in to complain because nothing is ever solved with rogers.  Its happened to me so many times.  I give up.  If I ever had to pay for the service I wouldn't.  

Good morning Community!

I did some digging into this issue after reproducing it for myself from here and I can report that this fullscreen issue is a known issue that we're working on.

In the meantime, you can use the browser shortcut F11 on your keyboard to get into and out of fullscreen.

I'm sorry that the button isn't working, I know it's an irritant but we're developing a solution. Please share this workaround with anyone you know that uses AnyPlace TV!

Regards,

RogersCorey

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yesterday out of curiosity I tried Anyplace in  Chrome (not my default browser) and the full screen button did not work. But F11 didn't work either. Today I tried again, same thing, but I could get full screen from the dropdown menu from the button in the top right corner. F11 could then take me out of full screen, but not into it. Curious.  Not a big fan of Chrome, just Firefox.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR

I use Chrome as my primary browser and F11 works for me. Please make sure your browsers are fully up to date.

Regards,

RogersCorey

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

My Chrome is up to date. It's only when playing shows from the Anyplace Guide that F11 does not work to enter full screen, only to exit. Running Windows 7.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario