Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

And just like that - no reason - everything is up to date - no changes on my side -

My Anyplace TV will not go to full screen anymore.  I've waited a week.  Done restarts.  Ensured all updates are completed.  Nope no full screen.

Every single day i learn of a new way to watch online the programs i want via new streaming services.  When my "good deal" package I have with Rogers runs out.  There will be no need for me to renew.  How can there be so many problems watching with rogers and never any other streaming service?

I've Been Around

Over the weekend I realized my Anyplace TV has stopped working... the funny part, only on my laptop. My desktop still logs in fine. Both are at home on the home network. Both are using Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98. Both share the same password login as Chrome is synced across the two. The only difference is I can't bring my desktop with me to the toilet!

When I try logging in on my laptop on Chrome I get "Something went wrong. Please try restarting the app or try again later." If I do it on IE, I get "Server error could not retrieve entitlements."

This worked two weeks ago, whatever you've done you've broke it on your end. I've reset Chrome, deleted the cookies, passwords, everything...

Any advice?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a list of things to check. I know you've tried some, but have you tried them all?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

I've Been Here Awhile

Fire HD 8 (2018) with Fire OS 6 [equivalent Android 7 Nougat]

Rogers Anyplace TV app (from Google Play) thinks I am outside of Canada I don't have a VPN Same app on my S7 opened from same place (home) at same time via Wi-Fi works fine All others app (FXNowCanada, a&e, CityTV, CTV, GlobalTV, History Go, Bravo Go, Space Go, SN SportsNet, cBC etc from Bell, Rogers and independent networks) work fine. But not Rogers Anyplace ... What is wrong?

Hello, @Mocoso.

I appreciate joining the conversation. If I correctly understood, Anyplace TV works on Samsung S7 but not on Fire HD 8 running Fire OS 6. 

Below are the Anyplace TV requirements:

Operating Systems:

• Android device running Android 4.4 or higher
  • iOS device running iOS9 or higher
  • Macintosh OS running a supported web browser
  • Microsoft Windows running a support web browser

Plug-Ins and More:

• JavaScript
  • Must enable cookies in the browser
  • Must enable Location Services on tablets and smartphones

Web Browsers:

• Google Chrome v.50+
  • Internet Explorer 11 (latest version) on Windows 8.1+
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Safari

At the moment, devices running Fire OS are not supported. Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Because there is a absolutely no direct line of feedback to the AnyplaceTV devs I am having to post in this forum a bug report.

Bug Report:

Full-screen toggle control has been broken in v13.0.45 for about a month now.

Issue is reproducible in Chrome 71, Firefox 64, and Safari 12.

Steps to reproduce the issue: attempt to click on the full-screen button on the video player.

Expected results: video enters full-screen

Actual results: tapping the full-screen toggle does nothing but throw an uncaught error in console.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to execute 'requestFullscreen' on 'Element': parameter 1 ('options') is not an object.

Your full-screen code is completely broken in your minified JS script: https://rogersanyplacetv.com/main.7cab5ea2f68ee8819916.bundle.js

When will this be fixed?

Hello, @AaronMT.

We appreciate posting the bug in the Community; we can certainly pass it along to the app support. Thank you for replicating the issue on multiple browsers.

For my curiosity, how were you able to replicate it on Firefox? 

As a workaround, you can use the F11 key to activate full-screen mode while we work on fixing the issue. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so that we can submit a ticket for you. Thus you can be notified once the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

I complained about this issue months ago. So glad someone is finally doing something about it. It’s ridiculous that full screen ability just disappeared one day.

Mobile tv is the future. Get in it Rogers.
I've Been Around

So Any Place TV doesn’t really work “Anyplace”. If I’m not on my home network I can’t watch certain channels. If I’m not in Canada I can’t watch Anything!! So any place Tv is really any place in your house tv.
I Plan to Stick Around

And when are they going to fix the pic expand feature that does not work?
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.