cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV

Chanson01
I've Been Here Awhile

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

***Edited Labels***

391 REPLIES 391

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@dhl wrote:

I do hate to see in the top line "Solved: Re: Rogers Anyplace TV" when it is definitely not solved as shown by the number of responses to my comments.

Unfortunately that's one flaw in the forum. When someone first feels that a problem has been solved for them and marks it as such, the thread stays marked that way even though others still have problems. There have always been a multitude of problems with Rogers Anyplace TV, beginning with when the Manage PVR option was broken and removed.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hello @Brixescanilla05

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I know how awesome it is being able to keep up with your favourite programs while on the go so we definitely want to ensure you are able to use the service on your Samsung phone. 

You'll need to ensure you download the Rogers Anyplace TV App from the Google Play Store to use the Anyplace TV service on your phone. The website version is not optimized for Mobile devices and will not work properly. If you are using the App and receiving this error message please confirm at what point you receive the error, upon login or when attempting to stream?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Worked great for 2 years then a week ago same problem as you. Spent 5 hours on Chat with 5 different people. Finally gave control of my laptop to Rogers but all he did was to take me off paper billing and somehow change my password to get into My Rogers but could not fix the problem. Then took me another hour on Chat to fix those 2 issues. Has now been escalated to engineering as he thinks the problem is in the back end of my profile with Rogers. Watching him go through my computer, I'm thinking they do not know the back end of my profile from their own back end. Anyway, will wait and see what the 24 to 48 hour timeframe brings.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

There was discussion a while back about being able to have multiple solutions, but guess it is a work in progress.

Bruce

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Keep on top of them - I tend to agree with you, I am unsure how well the front end and backend staff actually understand how their systems work.

I worked in a hospital environment and managed the information and billing systems, and even the front end tech staff and entry staff had a solid understanding of how the database worked on their end and on the front end, and the backend staff could debug a configuration issue, or processing issue in their sleep, and there was also last resort, the developers still on support agreement to get those that were beyond us.

I have a backend issue that has been in process for 2 months now, and still only partially fixed.

So stay on top of them, give them deadlines to keep you up to date, and follow-up if they don't reach out to you. It is frustrating to say the least, but stay on top of their committments with clear expectations from them and deadlines.

Escalate if necessary to higher levels.

Good luck and hope that you get a good outcome.

Bruce

The incognito tab worked, thank you!

what can i do about rogers anyplace tv error 1502

Good morning @keith712!

Welcome to our Community!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can further assist in troubleshooting this error. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

llkelly
I've Been Here Awhile

Using either Android and Chromebook - Error Messages

I just changed from Bell (after being with them my entire life) to Rogers. The main thing I want is to be able to watch tv on my computer. I've spent time online and on the phone with tech support but haven't found a solution. I have a lenovo N21 Chromebook. It does not support Playstore but Webstore is available. There is nothing available that I can find. I have received different errors when trying to watch live or playback something.

Error 1502 - I can't recall what this one said with it.

Something went wrong. Please try refreshing the browser or try again later.(1431)

"Hmm...this video taking a bit longer than expected. Thanks for your patience."

for below, the title changes with each try

Beyond the Sea is currently unavailable. Please try refreshing your browser or try again  

So, I've tried to put my Chrome browser into the acceptable browsers for the task (user-agent switcher). This allows me to login to rogersanyplacetv but the errors are above. Then, every once in a while, it works. I don't know why one show works and another doesn't. As well, I did initially use my Chromebook without a 'switcher' and was able to watch intermittently. 

I get similar errors using my Samsung phone.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks,

Laura

Hello @llkelly,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We appreciate you posting your concern in the Community.

I watch a lot of TV on my computer as well so I can understand the frustration you must be feeling with Anyplace TV not working on your Chromebook. 

Currently, the only Operating Systems supported by Rogers Anyplace TV are listed below:

• Android device running Android 4.4 or higher
• iOS device running iOS 9.0 or higher
• Macintosh OS running a supported web browser
• Microsoft Windows running a supported web browser

With Chromebook running Chrome OS it doesn't look like it would be a supported device. Your Samsung phone should definitely be a supported device. Which Samsung device are you using and what is it's current Android Version?

We look forward to your response! 😃

RogersTony

golfrox
I Plan to Stick Around
After nearly 10 months since the start of the rollout of the new anyplace tv it is finally working for live stream. I never thought I would see the Day.
Don't know what happened but I am very happy I can finally watch the jays live...yippeeee

llkelly
I've Been Here Awhile

Just updating with one of the Android errors:

Something went wrong. Try restarting the app or trying again later. (1009)

llkelly
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersTony,

I have a Samsung J3 with v 7.1.1 Android.

I understand you're just the messenger (and, a volunteer?); however, this makes me very unhappy. I specifically asked about anyplace tv and there were no 'caveats' regarding access. I don't even own a tv... 😞

Have you any experience using 'user-agent switcher'?

Thanks, Laura 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@llkelly wrote:

Hi RogersTony,

I specifically asked about anyplace tv and there were no 'caveats' regarding access. I don't even own a tv... 😞

@llkelly : Here's an FAQ on Anyplace. I hope this addresses your question.  The "restrictions" are outlined in the second "bullet". Note that you need a digital TV subscription and set top box, etc.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

ilinda
I'm Here A Lot

Don't see a solution here for the original problem, but I have it too. Have been using my W10 laptop to watch anyplaceTV in Chrome with no problems.

On the same network have been trying to use my desktop with W7 and Chrome, and anyplaceTV will not work. I get the Error 1502. I chatted for a while with Rogers support and we tried anyplaceTV on IE 11 as well and instead I got the Unsupported Browser error. I removed and reloaded Flash for both Chrome and IE 11, and still did not work with same results as previous, Error 1502 and Unsupported Browser respectively.

Had to leave the chat for an appointment so did not resolve it, and is still not working on my desktop, but still working on my laptop.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Hello @ilinda,

It very strange that you are unable to watch Anyplace TV on your Windows 7 device while Windows 10 works just fine! We definitely want to investigate this for you to see what is going on. 

For Windows 7 devices, the only browser that will work is Google Chrome v. 50+, Internet Explorer 11 will only work on Windows 8.1 devices or above. Can you try to access it using Incognito Mode on Google Chrome to rule out an issue with the Cookies or the browser Cache? 

Keep us posted on the result!

RogersTony

Incognito Mode in Chrome on my desktop did not work. I got the same Error 1502.

Any other ideas? 🙂

Hello @ilinda,

Oh no! I was really hoping Incognito mode would help, at least we can now rule out that it is not an issue related to the Cookies/Cached Internet Data. Can you confirm what version of Google Chrome you are using on the affected device? 

To locate this information please Click on the "Three Vertical Dots" located below the "Red X", then hover over "Help", and select "About Google Chrome". Copy the version info and post it in the thread so we can ensure you are up-to-date. 

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

raiderfan_NFL
I Plan to Stick Around

anyplace tv works fine on my mobile device and tablet using app, however on my laptop (windows 10 w edge or chrome) does Not work... I get the message this is taking longer than usual please be patient etc... then error 1502. On every channel I try!    Yet I can stream the channels directly from sportsnet or tsn website no problems at all.... even Netflix and DAZN I stream with no problems! just the rogers anyplace tv page is garbage and never works!

My Google Chrome is Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

DDJoseph
I've Been Here Awhile

anyplace TV on my mac book air

As of a week ago, anyplace TV stopped working on my Mac book Air. I was switching between channels a few times and it gave me a message that I was using too many devices - which I wasn't, I was just using the laptop. Now, I can sign in, I can click on a station icon, but all I get are the perpetual four bouncing balls, and then a message, Hmmm, this is taking longer than usual, thanks for your patience.  The Rogers help people said to clean our my caches which I did but that did not work. I was using Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 which is said to be up to day. My Mac OS X is version 10.9.5. Any suggestions? The Rogers help people said there is nothing they can do. The next step is to go with another cable service. Anyone else have this?