Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Hello @user36,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃 

As a fellow Anyplace TV user I can really feel your pain with the Live TV channels not working for you. I would hate to have you miss a favourite program or sports match as a result of this. 

When was the last time you can recall this working properly? Can you test it using Incognito mode on Chrome or using InPrivate browsing on Edge?

Keep us posted on the results!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersTony,

Its been about 2 1/2 weeks now since it last worked on my pc.

I tried incognito and InPrivate and still gives error message 1502. 

Can you tell me what error 1502 means?

Thanks,

Highlighted

Hello, @user36

Thank you for trying the private browsing options. The issue could be a system error only impacting a certain device(s) while other devices can continue to stream any video. Have you tried any other device? 

As @GiveMeStrength noted in the post # 213, there were no issues with the phone and Windows 10 PC while the Windows 7 PC yielding Error 1502. However, it fixed itself after a couple of days. 

We can try replicating the issue on our end and submit a ticket if required. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Error 1502 on 3 of 6 computers

So we have 6 computers running W7P64 and W7P32 with latest version of Chrome. 3 computers are getting error 1502 when we pick the show to watch after the hmmm notification. Other 3 are playing fine. Tried incognito as well on non working systems. So it is very strange that some system working and others not. Not even sure where to start and I'm an IT Manager.

Highlighted

Hello @eggman2112,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

It is very strange that your Anyplace TV feature is working on some devices but not others. Luckily you've reached the right place to find a solution to this issue!

To start please provide us with the answers to the questions below:

• Have you only tried the website on Google Chrome?
  • Do you enter the URL manually or do you have it saved?
  • Do you have any other browsers that we can try this with?
  • When was the last time you can recall it working on those devices?

If there is anyone else in the Community who was experiencing this error and found a possible solution or workaround feel free to chime in!

RogersTony 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

kindle fire 8 HD rogers anyplace tv app help

so i got a fire 8 hd tablet installed google play got everything working CANADIAN got NHL working SportsNet working rogers anyplace home edition cbc ctv go bla bla all working just fine, but the streaming app (the one different from the home edition keeps thinking im not in Canada the website on my pc works fine and the app on my iPhone works fine so i know its not my internet. if anyone has got it working or knows of any ideas that would be awesome or if anyone has a fire tablet and wouldn't mind trying it out and seeing if it works. 

-i have already checked the location serves to make sure its enabled

-i installed hotspot shield and used my elite to choose a Canadian vpn that did nada lol

-i change my kindle store to Canada and pretty much every tidbit of info says Canada

anyways any help would be awesome getting tv on the patio for my mom would brighten her life alot lol

Highlighted

Good evening @murdog, and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums,

I appreciate the details you've provided so far. I've never personally used a Fire tablet. Did you by any chance purchase the tablet outside of Canada? May I also know what version of the OS are you running? I was perusing the Fire app store and I wasn't able to locate the RAP TV app at all. Just need a little bit more info. to assist you further. 

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I bought it in Canada on Amazon.ca

Fire os 5.6.1.0 and it is fully updated

As for the app you can install google play and get apps through it
I Plan to Stick Around

Having the same issue with my Nexus 7, app loads fine but I get "not available outside of Canada" error. Frustrating.
Highlighted

Hello,

@murdog - I appreciate all the excellent troubleshooting you have done to make your Fire Tablet work, however, the Rogers Anyplace TV app required Android 4.4 and up to function. Thank you for understanding. 

@PVC - I would be annoyed as well if the app is yielding an error message. We can definitely look into diagnosing the issue for you. 

Have you tried the app on a different device? And are you running a VPN?

If you are getting the same error on a different device and you are not out of the country then it could be the geolocation issue with the public IP address your devices are being allotted. 

If the app is functional as expected on the other device, then please make sure the Location service is turned on your Nexus 7 and the app has access to the Location service. Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin