cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV

Chanson01
I've Been Here Awhile

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

***Edited Labels***

391 REPLIES 391

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was able to sign into Anyplace web today.  I don't usually stream, but I do like to check on progress, so I gave it a try.  I went to the Anyplace Web guide and clicked on various channels. Some channels streamed - like SN channel 22, but others just gave the jumping beans and a message something like "hmm, this is taking longer than expected".

Interestingly, I clicked on Fox News channel 181, which people have been having issues with, and it was working today with video and audio, which used to be missing.  I only tested for a short while.  Edit - I tested some more channels and almost all of them streamed, so there seems to be an issue with certain channels. I suggest you use the "Share a concern" to advise Rogers of which channels are causing problems for you.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Here are my comments on Anyplace from last month.  I'll try to find some more time to play with it to see what, if anything has changed, but for me, Anyplace web is useless because it no longer allows me to manage my PVR and the guide information is useless/limited.:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/127977-web-app-scheduling-anypl...

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Still just getting the bouncing jelly beans instead of the sign in screen with Chrome. I'll be optimistic and presume there's work in progress. I'm not going to bother installing IE to check.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

kevtech0422
I've Been Here Awhile

Windows 10 and Anyplace TV

I have Windows 10 on my laptop and cant get the Anyplace TV app to work, it works great on my tablet but wont work on the PC. I cant find any threads on any compatibility issues but once saw a thread that someone from Rogers tech said it was not compatible.......any solutions because watching on the PC would be great... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kevtech0422 :  There are no "apps" for use on a laptop computer. You need to use Chrome, or other compatible browser to login to the Anyplace website.  I can login just fine using Chrome on my Mac Mini.  Here's the browser link:

https://www.rogersanyplacetv.com

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

We can expect to see additional browsers available, since IE11 is out of extended support as of November this year, and one I forgot about, as I still have one Windows 7 computer kicking around - don't know if it will handle 10, and Windows 7 is out of support as of January 2020.

But critical issue is IE11 is out of support as of 2017, with 2007 shortly afterwards - so Rogers has time, but the clock is ticking.  Have to wonder why they bothered to push it out on IE11, and didn't instead commit to another browser - Firefox, or Safari - unless they just don't have adequate programming support to go that route yet.  They have added Edge - it is in the last update to FAQ and help and support in the app under settings, but it is not reflected on the landing page if you try Firefox.  So since they have put out Edge support, but didn't tell us though, hopefully the balance of browsers won't be far behind.

I have stop trying to understand their logic of how they are going forward, but I do suspect they have their fair share of Windows IE11 programmers around.  I remember back when my Rogers came out and ran well only on IE11, and an internal staff said, that is what they used on their workstations too.

Another timetable they will have themselves up against.  I have a couple of sites I go to that no longer support IE11 - they are being proactive - since they have to switch, why invest in any further support to 11.  Just move on and get the changes done.

Bruce

Claire64
I've Been Around

Anyplace TV not recognizing new Home Network

Recently upgraded to Rogers Ignite with new router. All devices connect fine to the new home network but Anyplace TV does not. I have a premium package so most channels should be visible but even basic cable is not. Error message says I’m not connected to my home network. Rogers cannot figure out the issue.

Error Too Many Users

Hi all I know with Netflix you can see how many devices are connected and then sign out of all devices.  Lately with my rogers anytime I am getting the error that there are too many users, when I know I am the only one who uses the service on a pc.  If not where do I file a enhancement request for the service?

Thanks in advanced!

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I found this one out the hard way too.  All of the apps are set by default to keep logged in - there is a toggle to turn it off.

Before leaving Anyplace TV from browser of device go to the settings icon and logout.

You can post the suggestion in Community questions and suggestions in the Lounge - see opening page on the right hand side, but personally, I would send it via share a concern, explain the details and benefits of adding this feature - XFINITY which is brand name owned under Comcast has a place on their site for users to log out of registered devices.

In their model, each device you log in with is registered, and you can see what devices are streaming, which ones have downloaded media, so depending upon how Rogers and Comcast decides to implement fully in the rogers network environment and ecosystem, it may come.

But doesn't hurt to flag that it could be added.

Bruce

Kimjoseph
I've Been Around

Anyplace TV not connecting

Hi

I've logged into AnyPlace TV but it's not connecting to the service (as in not bringing me to the website to choose a channel or show). Any suggestions? I've tried logging in and out many times and I have tried different browsers without luck.

Thanks

Kris

Hello @Kimjoseph,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out. 

You've come to the right place for support! In order to assist you better, can you provide some additional information, please? Are you receiving any particular error message when you try to select a channel or show?  Have you tried launching AnyplaceTV in an incognito tab in Chrome? 

Keep us posted!

RogersShaun

Pelicanlady
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi - is there a problem with Anyplace TV this afternoon? I can launch the app no problem (multiple devices) but when I select any channel to watch I just get a blankank black screen....nada. Thanks!

Pelicanlady
I've Been Here Awhile

Well it's working now!  No explanation for why, just grateful to be able to watch Tiger Woods on Golf Channel LOL.

Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network.

Rogers says, although you can access the channels on your computer and apps anyplace TV, some channels you will receive the following message 

Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network.

The reason is that Unless you have a Rogers Internet Connection they are blocking access. Thus it's a way for them to attempt to force people to change internet service providers. I say just nix the channels where this occurs and enjoy all else. 

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV.

Why can I no longer access RogersAnyplaceTV.com?

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV.

@melodiousthunk : Are you saying you can't get to the site, or that you cannot sign in once there?

I just tried with Chrome on my Mac Mini and could get to the site, but got the following error message when trying to sign in:

30213 : Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in. Please try again.

Perhaps they're currently having an issue with the web version. Whenever I can't use Anyplace or Home Edition, I just wait a few hours and try again later.  I don't normally use Anyplace on the web because I don't stream. I use Home Edition to programme my PVRs.

I just tried the Anyplace app on my iPad and it's working fine. I checked by streaming the current programme on ch7.

Edit - I signed out of the forum and then tried using Chrome and I was able to sign in this time, so perhaps the issue is fixed or was a temporary glitch.

SusanneH
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried clearing my cookies but that did not help. I get as far as the terms and conditions page and then it kicks me back to the login page.

Hello & welcome to the Community @SusanneH,

May I know what platform you're using to access Rogers Anyplace TV? Just need a little bit more info. to assist you further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

sarahappy
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I cannot login to Rogers AnyPlace TV from my laptop using Windows Chrome, from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using the app, and my Lenovo (Android) tablet using the The App. I keep getting the same error message "30213 : Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in. Please try again." I know that I am using the correct username and password combination as I am able to log in to MyRogers using the same credentials without an issue. This is very frustrating that I am not able to use a service that I have paid for. 

Hello @sarahappy,

Being able to watch TV on-the-go is a great feature and we definitely want to be able to get it working for you!

For the Entitlement error "30213" you received it could be one of two things:

1) You may not have their digital TV account details linked to their MyRogers profile. Are you able to login to Rogers.com and see your Cable TV subscription?

2) Your primary set-top box may not be on and in two-way mode. A reboot of the NextBox should resolve this issue.

Have you had this problem before or is this your first go at trying Anyplace TV? If not, have you made any recent changes to your account?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersCilio

SusanneH
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried signing into it from my iPhone, from my laptop using Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer, and also from my Android tablet. No luck with any of them.

Hey SusanneH,

Thanks for clarifying. At this point, we may need to take a closer look. If you can kindly PM us @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

Our Private Messenger is explained in this BLOG.

Regards,

RogersCilio