Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

In post 158 of this thread, I started my review of the Anyplace browser (on a computer).  I've updated the "review" in the following link.  I can edit this link in the future as desired/necessary:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/127977-web-app-scheduling-anypl...

I have also managed to find the Anyplace FAQ again (link was supplied under "Settings - Help" in Anyplace.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

I have also managed to find the Anyplace FAQ again (link was supplied under "Settings - Help" in Anyplace.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

OK. I got Anyplace TV to work on my mini iPad.  I first deleted the "Home Edition" version of Anyplace TV on my iPad, then reinstalled  "Anyplace TV" at Version 10.0.   I never got any updates for this app like you do for other iPad apps.  I guess you have to be psychic to know when there is an update.

The GUI (graphic user interface) was different.   There is a menu with HOME, GUIDE, TV Shows, Movies, Channels, Recordings and Settings.  I tried settings first and set the streaming rate.

Good: Uses 410MB/hour
Better: Uses 710MB/hour
Best: Uses 1.75GB/hour

I then went to the GUIDE as before and tried to live stream but it didn't work.  I had to seach for my program and then start it from the choices that showed up.  I thought I would let others know first before I play around with it a little more.  It looks like I'm a beta tester and I wasn't even asked.  

It would have been nice if someone from Rogers could have at least told us that the old versions don't work.

Hello @User14,

It sounds like you've had quite the ordeal trying to get the Anyplace TV App to work properly! Luckily you've reached the right place and we will be happy to assist you.

Can I confirm if it is only the iPad Mini that is having issues with video streaming on the App? What is the error message you receive when trying to stream content? Was it using the Live TV channels in the "Guide" or in the "TV Shows" section of the App?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

I'm a Senior Advisor

@User14

I read over @RogersTony's requests to you.

For myself, curious to know if you have made it past your struggles or just given up?

"Can I confirm if it is only the iPad Mini that is having issues with video streaming on the App?  - I think that may be the only one you haven't answered directly, but if like me, you may not have alternate devices to test on - me I don't even have an iPad of any type, just Android and PC access and those seem to have been find so far, other than the same issues that @57  has pulled together in his excellent and extensive review of his experience - my thanks to him for the work, as always.

"What is the error message you receive when trying to stream content? "

I believe you posted that error message at least twice in your previous posts, guess it remains the same.

"Was it using the Live TV channels in the "Guide" or in the "TV Shows" section of the App?"

I think you responded to that one in your last post.

So on a general level, how is it going, or are you like me that you have set it aside for now and living with whatever I get right now, which fortunately on my devices are fine enough - no manage my PVR on computer or my Firefox - grumble, grumble - Smiley Wink

I did find this link that shows what you can see and not see on various access points of in house, versus on the go.  There will be some minor changes, since in my last bill they notified me that they are cancelling.

"Effective January 1,
2018, Spike TV, BET and BBC Kids will no longer be available."

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/anyplacetv#

It makes it much more clear - plus you can find the same list from the competitor - as the TV advertising poor at us with "we have the most channels available on the go",

Access tons of channels — wherever you are.*

Basically same feature sets, somewhat different range of channels and total channels - who cares about how many, it is what we get to see that matters to me, but marketing is all about, better, new, lots, tons, more and the little * or number for the real information that is what really matters - be a smart consumer - compare and choose what is best for your desires and budgets.  Now if only you could test devices, because that is the real issue for us right now.

So clarity is coming slowly on what we can see and access, where you can and can't, and the devices, now for browsers and OS and app's (did you ever get an update notice - I got some from Android, but not all).

It keeps moving forward, we keep feeling like beta testers, because it is us who come forward and say this works, this doesn't work, this is not functional, this works well, and what does coming soon mean.

Forward to where ever that may be we go.

Bruce
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Feedback for the off-chance that a video-player developer reads this post. Can you please implement channel changing controls in the full-screen viewer?

Currently, one has to exit full-screen, close an active stream, and return to the Channel listing view in order to change a channel.

Give us controls on the player itself.

On iPad, all I have to do is swipe. It's a hassle in the browser player.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @User14,

It sounds like you've had quite the ordeal trying to get the Anyplace TV App to work properly! Luckily you've reached the right place and we will be happy to assist you.

Can I confirm if it is only the iPad Mini that is having issues with video streaming on the App? What is the error message you receive when trying to stream content? Was it using the Live TV channels in the "Guide" or in the "TV Shows" section of the App?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

@RogersTony  Yes, it was a mini iPad mobile device. I had previously downloaded Anyplace TV Home Edition and it worked fine outside while I was barbequing in the summer. Then it stopped working. As you can tell from my previous posts nothing seemed to work. I put the error messages received in my previous posts while I tried to get live TV Streaming going on my mobile device. 

@That seems to be moot now after deleting the previous Anyplace TV Home Edition app and installing just Anyplace TV at version 10.0  I just tried live streaming CBC and CNN with the mini iPad and both channels worked. I haven't tested everything. I am NOT a beta tester, but I will provide feedback to tech support staff if asked. I believe @BS wanted to know if I could get Anyplace TV on my PC.  I was relucant as I distrust the software. Nevertheless, I did try https://www.rogersanyplacetv.com/accounts/sign-in/  and signed in. 

It says "Use your MyRogers account to sign in" which I did.

I got to Terms and Conditions and clicked Agree and it worked. (Note if your user name or pwd is incorrect you will not see the T&C and there is no warning your user name or pwd is incorrect).  I  went to Guide on the menu and tried CBC and got live streaming.  I hope that this provides everyone with enough feedback to know what happened.

So, in summary, there was NO update pushed out to the App Store for Anyplace TV on my mini iPad mobile device that I saw. There was no logon banner warning users that the Anyplace TV Home Edition application had to be deleted and reinstalled again for the mini iPad.  There seems to be a serious lack of feedback to Rogers customers on changes which leads to incredible frustration and complaints.    

I've Been Around

Rogers AnyplaceTV - Chrome Issues?

As of Wednesday Nov 29, I have been unable to access video content on AnyplaceTV using Chrome. Login proceeds without issue, the guide displays, however when choosing a channel to stream it simply shows the loading icon in the middle of the screen and then displays "hmmm....it looks like this video is taking longer than usual to load. Thanks for your patience". I have left the channel to load for up to an hour with no results. ALL channels give the same result. In an attempt to troubleshoot I have done the following with none providing a resolution:

Cleared all cookies and history for Chrome

Reset to default settings

Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome

I have even attempted to load video with fresh installs of chrome on two laptops but they too simply will not load video. It should also be noted that the AnyplaceTV app works fine on my iphone. Considering this I have a hard time believing that I may be the only person experiencing this issue that seems to involve chrome.

Currently clueless as to whats going on.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're not the only person having streaming issues, read the last few pages of this thread.

As I stated in my review, I'm not having streaming issues myself, but some people have reported issues when trying to stream channels. Some have worked around the issue by going to the programme itself in Anyplace and streaming it.

My Review:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/127977-web-app-scheduling-anypl...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just went to Anyplace using Chrome on my computer and wanted to search for possible upcoming programming on the Hollywood Suite channels.  Unfortunately, those channels, which are currently on free preview, are not in my guide since I don't subscribe. Rogers, please fix the guide so that it in fact shows "all channels" when that dropdown is used and not only my subscribed channels.   What's the use of having the dropdown if it doesn't work?

I mentioned that earlier in my (review) link in the post above, however, I didn't realize that it was actually going to be an issue for me this soon.  I guess I'm off to use my iPad again.  Pain in the butt when I'm already on my computer, or if my wife is using the iPad.

Hey @57,

I was actually trying the same thing as you recently and resorted back to using my Home Edition app to scan the guide.  

At the moment, it would appear that Anyplace is only available for channels currently in a subscription package, as per the FAQ page under "What channels are available to me through Anyplace TV".  I have a feeling this may change once the ability to manage PVR is added.  Stay tuned!

RogersShaun