Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Hello @AaronMT & @ADayInCourt,

Being able to watch TV on-the-go is a great feature and we definitely want to be able to get it working for you!

For the Entitlement error you received it could be one of two things:

1.) You may not have their digital TV account details linked to their MyRogers profile. Are you able to login to Rogers.com and see your Cable TV subscription?

2.) Your primary set-top box may not be on and in two-way mode. A reboot of the NextBox should resolve this issue.

@ADayInCourt We may need to investigate this further and possibly escalate a ticket to have this issue resolved. Does this issue happen on all devices or just that specific device? What type of device is it, can you provide the make and model?

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersTony wrote:

For the Entitlement error you received it could be one of two things:

1.) You may not have their digital TV account details linked to their MyRogers profile. Are you able to login to Rogers.com and see your Cable TV subscription?

2.) Your primary set-top box may not be on and in two-way mode. A reboot of the NextBox should resolve this issue.

Each day I've been using Chrome to see if RAPTV is functional and being disappointed. (I normally use Firefox, but temporarily installed Chrome for this purpose because the new RAPTV will not support FF.)

Today even Chrome isn't working because it won't let me sign in and gives this message.

30213 : No Entitlement/subscription found, Something is wrong on Rogers Entitlement Service

It worked before although the RECORDINGS button still didn't, but it's broken now. What you say does not apply to my case.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, what I did was open Chrome and clear cookies. After that I could sign in to RAPTV and then agree to terms and conditions. But, the RECORDINGS button is still unsupported, as expected.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

And the vertical scroll button is still not present requiring returning to curser keys up and down or page up page down.

Come on guys - some hypothesis here from discussion with higher level implementors in my last reported concern.

- Yes, what we se in all the changes to the RPTV apps and online web views are all comcast based - dig the code and you will find the referentces to Comcast in there.

- The person acknowledged that this was a compromise to moving the comcast forward which he acknowledge he could only speak to in broad strokes, which I understand.

Hypothesis - now that engineers are testing the Comcast model - what is the balance between meeting the 1st quarter dealine for soft rollout to engineers, now and in 1st quarter to a group of paid users, and keeping the Cable features working, say like manage - PVR - we don't know yet if Rogers will maintain a PVR in the home or go strick cloud PVR - manage PVR does not exist in Xfinity models of some types in the US.

So we see changes coming forward - they did give us additional live channels and ability to freeze across devices which is an add -on but restricted browser sets and Manage PVR, and PVR's will be around into the 2019 year they report, so do we have to deal with 2 years of floundering like we did Navigatr.

You are running two models here - committ to both, or tell us what you are doing with open honesty.

IPTV is available in many forms, some companies like Cogego are not even going ITPV and expeanding into the states, and Rogers has to compete with Bell, Vmedia, Zazeen, satellite, OTT and OTA, so they need to be careful that we don't see many just jump and find alternative ways to view media.

But for now, how about a simple add-on to viewport commands - add scroll bar for vertical scroll bar - do we have to return to dos days of cursers and page up down? and please focus some resources on getting the pvr management tool back to us on the computer - I am visually impaired and motion impaired and a smart screen device is not an option.

Just asking - I am not enjoying my viewing experience end to end right now.

If you can't do it, then tell your customers so we can make choices.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a flood in my home and had to disconnect my cable box for a couple days.

I reconnected it tonight and am trying to sign-in to my RogersAnyplace account and am seeing

"30213 : Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in. Please try again."

This is not a mismatch of username and password (the login is correct). This is likely related to the handshake between my cable box and my account and this service due to the multi-day disconnect.

Nobody on the phone with Rogers help understands this issue.

Can an engineer please chime in here. What is error 30213?

I just want to use your new service and haven't been able to.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AaronMT :  Please see posts 122, 123 of this thread.  I believe it was also mentioned earlier, but it appears that clearing cookies in Chrome may solve the issue.

Edit. I see you were the one who mentioned it earlier in post 119 of this thread on November 9th, so I don't think it has to do with anything recent...

I Plan to Stick Around

What is Comcast?   I keep seeing references to it.

Do we know if Rogers does any sort of focus group testing on all these changes they keep bringing in?

There seems to be a continual dumbing down of user interface.   They also seem to be getting into bed with Google - as well as the RAPTV only working with Chrome, or more precisely, not working with browsers other that Chrome, Ive now found that posting a reply in this forum does not work with Safari (iOS 10) or Firefox 57 (Quantum) but does of course work with Chrome.   

I really do not want to be running multiple browsers on each platform (normal and Chrome for Rogers)

I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree with you.....ever sincw rogers updated the anyplacetv web site i have not been able to watch any live streaming.....that means sports as qwll as all channels on the guide....tries to load then just sits there tring to load and notbing happens. This has been going on for over 1 month now and still not fixed. Changed internet box tqice....d2leted xhrome qnd reloaded......qorks on phone qnd tv but not on my laptop or wifes laptop either.....talked to at least 10 techs and 4 servicw tickets issued 1ith 2 been escelated......at qits wnd looooking at qndroid box now!
I'm Here A Lot

That is very interesting. I too experienced the same thing on my laptop this weekend. Was working most of wednesday then at night started have same issues as described . Just said taking longer than expected. Thanks for your patience. Lost patience amd switched to bell streaming. Which worked. Whats happening to rogers streaming.
I Plan to Stick Around

Works on phone and tv but not on my laptop or wifes laptop.....deleted chrome and flash and reinstalled.....still nothing.....will not load live streaming even after signing into my rogers.