Rogers Anyplace TV on Chrome OS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV on Chrome OS

@obijuan wrote:

So what is being said here is this: The most popular browser in the world is not a 'supported' browser - as far as Rogers is concerned. Is that correct? What the . are they thinking?

No, that's not what's being said at all. It's saying that  the Chrome OS is not supported, which is totally different. The Chrome Browser is supported.  If you're having issues with the browser it can often be related to extensions or other "variances" discussed in the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers should invest in having any place TV work on chromebooks.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

With the prevalence of Chromebooks out there how do you still not support Chrome OS for streaming?  It's very disappointing.

Highlighted

Hello there @Shaunovan,

A warm welcome to the forums and thank you for your first post! 🙂

I definitely get where you are coming from as they even use Chromebooks in many classroom settings too! We appreciate your input and will ensure your comments are bubbled up to right place for review and consideration. If anything changes, we'll do our best to update this thread accordingly. 👍

Please take care and stay safe!!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I used this service for years without any problem at all using a modified user-agent as a workaround.

Now this is being blocked by additional measures by rogers.

Why would they intentionally block other platforms when it works perfectly fine?

This idea of crippleware is a waste of time and effort to implement.

I've been with rogers for well over 15 years, but with this backwards idea of thinking I suppose it's time to get my media services elsewhere.