Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

21 years with Rogers, and no email or text to tell me they were dropping NHL Game Centre.
They aren’t even offering a discount for Rogers customers.
I have had two line for almost half of that 21 years.
One line is off contract now, and the other will be off next September. I will be signing a contract with someone else at that point and taking my $200 a month elsewhere.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ya this really sucks!!!! I will be moving carriers.  The only reason I pay more than I should for data.

I've Been Around

I agree. Went and had a chat at the both and also called them this weekend. Tried to either get the package back or they be able to match what other companies have for plans. They couldn’t help so i cancels the plan and now am with Koodo. They will feel the hurt this year I’m sure
I've Been Around

Yeah I will definitely be leaving next summer, i won't be sticking around especially now. i love in a good reception area according to the map. I live in grande prairie, AB which should have great LTE and everything coverage however lately i cant even talk to my dam wife on the phone without it breaking up all the time like i have no service. It is constantly getting worse and worse all the time in my town, having issues with internet and calling constantly. Calls dropping that shouldn't and support hasn't been much help and now that I no longer have NHL there is honestly no reason to stick around anymore and with all the horrible service i just can't anymore so one last year to fix all these issues and thats all. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The fact that Rogers hasn't even made the slightest effort to explain their choice or try some sort of customer retention shows how little they value their customers.

I've Been Around

Very disappointing decision from Rogers. Who wouldn't be disappointed. They tell you your NHL Gamecenter is included with you plan for 5 yrs and then suddenly its gone.  I guess its the new offer you less for more philosophy. As far as customer retention goes, poorly handled. This is why the CRTC should allow for more competition in the Canadian market concerning cable and cell phone companies. I will be considering other options.

I've Been Around

I'll add my 2 cents as well as being another lost customer for Roger's, my contract is up in April and I will be gone shortly after that unless they reduce my bill big time. Contract I signed in April 2017 for 2 years was to include Center Ice for that 2 year span and as of today it no longer works, I feel ripped off, paying a premium price and losing this perk. I have been a Rogers wireless customer for over 20 years, I have had enough!

I've Been Around

It's sad that you think the features you offer above are exclusive to you, maybe you should look at the market around you! Game centre and the Spotify subscription are what set you apart. When my contract is up I may be looking for another carrier with cheaper rates but same offerings! Deeply disappointed.
I Plan to Stick Around

For sure. I think everyone will be. There are better priced plans to choose from and Rogers has shown us how little they value us. The funny thing is I was advertising on Game Centre but have cancelled it since they probably lost 90% of the captive audience that they had. Advertising rates were more than a phone plan by a long shot. If they’ve lost other advertisers, plus all the disappointed subscribers, they stand to miss out on a lot of potential revenue.
I've Been Around

The absence of Gamecentre this year has been brutal. I am glad to be out of contract right now in case another carrier picks this up.