Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sportcruiser
I've Been Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

So do other cell carriers offer basic services. As a Rogers client for many years, it was Gamecenter which enticed me to increase my plan for services I rarely use but willing to pay the extra, Share-everything plan.  Now there is no reason not to look at other carriers because Rogers prices were no incentive, I stayed a a loyal customer. The Gamecenter was what kept myself and  probably many from switching.  Well,  if you do not appreciate long term loyal clients and not take care of them, you know the business consequences. What is worse, I had to find out by surprise, Rogers did not even have the decency to advise me, and most likely most everyone else. This was part of my plan included in the package.  I am disappointed after being a long time client even when I have spent much more money with Rogers over the past 12-14 years instead of going with their competitors,  because I have morals and remained loyal to Rogers. What is sadder is that past 5 years Rogers stock increased from $44 to $67 and net profit of 425 million, up 37% from a comparable period of 2017 with adjusted earning increasing even more.

Rogers, share a little wealth, myself I do not mind paying a higher premium as long as the service is there.

Cannot say that Rogers has reciprocated the sentiment.

Jlfarms17592
I've Been Around

The rogers nhl live for free was the one thing that kept me with rogers for my last contract. Now that its gone and with the terrible service i have recieved in the past year and a half as soon as my contrat expires i will be more than happy to leave.

Cramss
I've Been Around

Game Center live was the only thing keeping me with Rogers and their disgustingly high prices, and terrible service. I will be switching to a new carrier as soon as possible.
MaggieT
I've Been Around

Hi My Name is Reg. I am a Rogers customer. I changed to Rogers because I could get all of the NHL games when we traveled. Now that Rogers has made this silly move to to stop them, I don't think I will be with Rogers much longer.

Reg

@daniel10 wrote:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/05/rogers-unbundling-spotify-nhl-live-mobile-plans/

I talked with a management rep and its true they are no longer including NHL game center in Roger's share everything plans.
Not only as a customer I think it's a dumb idea as I loved having it and I'm sure many canadians loved it as well as were a big NHL country 🙂 but a business standpoint what is Roger's thinking!?!?! This is a major incentive that people choose rogers over other carriers. Also Roger's as the rights to NHL in Canada as a Roger's customer shouldn't we get rewarded with it free or at least discounted, or is Roger's trying to double dip on customers by getting money for our share everything plan and now NHL subscriptions

For the love of GOD please Roger's go back and think about this and re add the NHL back to share everything plans

***Edited Labels***

Patrick1966
I've Been Around

Roam like home is not a great perk. Just went to italy and asked cost to keep my phone with Roam at home. $12 per day no exceptions. Telus gave friend a package $100. I bought Italy TIM card $30 euro.
Taking NHL off package makes me plan to jump back to Telus because sacrificing poor signal strength for hockey was worth it but now no perks for poor signal service?
Love to see stats on how many people switch. Will this be a good financial decision? Stay tuned.
Rosco17
I've Been Around

I most also agree. Very frustrated when I saw NHL gone this year. Terrible communication by Rogers letting customers know. Moving on to a different provider for the whole family.
billroth2001
I've Been Around

No way I'm sticking with Rogers much longer. That's the only reason I've been faithful to a big company that charges high rates.

DandW5860
I've Been Here Awhile

After my previous post and seeing all the people affected by this, I called Rogers yesterday and asked when my contract will expire. The lady that answers took my information to access my account then told me when my contact expires. She then asked why I wanted to know that. I explained that I have been with Rogers for a very long time and that I was planning on leaving to go with another provider because Rogers no longer provides the NHL package with their Share Everything plan. And, with that and poor service, there was nothing keeping me at Rogers anymore. She immediately replied " is there anything else I can help you with today " that's it... it's very clear to me that they just don't care !!
harleyone
I've Been Here Awhile

Spectacular! 

I paid $200+ last year for Game Center Then moved my 5 phones to Rogers and got Game Center for free. BUt couldn't get any money back from Rogers as I paid thru the app store. So I asked if i could get a half years credit for the following year. There answer was NO cause Game Center is always FREE for Share Plan members............

Guess they lied......  Guess me and my 5 phones will go to bell in 14 months and counting!!

Thanks Rogers

C00kie18
I've Been Around

Used the rogers nhl live extensively while at my home in Barbados. No longer a free service. One of the nice benefits of paying ridiculous fees for all their services. Home Dec 5 and will cancel about $1,000 a month of recurring revenue to Rogers. Wireless phones and internet. Not liking for sympathy but not many benefits w Rogers as their cell and internet service is average to poor at best. Nhl was the one one bright spot.