Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bodDahguTs
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

I had no service on the highway with my phone today as Roger's has awful coverage in Nova Scotia.
So they lied to me and tricked me into a renewal in august. In 22 months I take all 3 lines to BellAlliant. Too many ownership changes have ruined what was once a canadian company that cared for its customers. If I'm going to suffer awful customer loyalty I at least want a working service.

dalziel66
I Plan to Stick Around

My fervent wish is that the "powers that be," the ones that made the terrible decision to remove GCL, Spotify & Texture, are made aware of these threads.

For every person that posts on this forum, I am sure there are numerous  other people out there grumbling but just don't take the time to write. Rogers is alienating more than just the members of this forum thread. That is the topic!

23r23r
I've Been Around

Extremely disappointing on Rogers part. I renewed my plan for 2 years in March and specifically asked if this will be included for which I was assured it is. I received no notice about the cancellation and only figured it out when trying to tune into the 1st game of the year last week. Also because of this I now need to purchase an additional service to watch my favorite hockey team because I canceled my tv package since I only needed it to watch hockey. After 11+ years with Rogers and I am only 30 years old I will be canceling both my lines and unless there is a major policy change will not be returning as this makes me feel cheated. 

StephenH
I've Been Around

I just moved from Halifax to Ottawa and left Bell in the process.  One of the reasons in my calculation was access to NHL Live.  It was a sensible offer.  $200 a year just to watch a few blackout games is absolute nonsense.  And whatever Rogers higher up that thought removing that benefit would go over well with customers ought to be shown the door.  I'm livid, and I will look for the next opportunity to vote with my dollars.

Cell, home security, TV & max speed internet.  Like that business Rogers?  You're not showing it.

LarryWhitman26
I've Been Around

Well that is the last straw.  As soon as my family contract is up we are moving to another provider.  Every year Rogers charges more and more for less and less.

August1335
I've Been Around

Agree with the previous postings, kinda sad losing a great benefit.  Will consider changing providers in the future.

User684
I Plan to Stick Around

My Rogers rep wants my business to advertise on GameCentre. I thought it was a great idea, especially with targeting available, but now I have to think that the audience is going to be next to zero. They had an opportunity to make money off this as they had a potentially huge audience, but they have devalued it.
DandW5860
I've Been Here Awhile

I too have been a Rogers customer for a long time. The coverage in my area sucks and the only thing that kept me with Rogers was the NHL live subscription with my mobile plan. Time to move to Bell and get better coverage. Nothing keeping me at Rogers anymore. Real bad decision on Rogers behalf. Going to loose a lot of customers. Thing is, they won't feel the loss right away. It will happen gradually as contracts come up for renewal.
DarenL
I've Been Here Awhile

The Rogers moto: "more and more for less and less"
Angusmol
I've Been Around

After contacting Rogers support was told that we no longer have NHL Game Center after 5 plus years.  It was included in my share everything plan and then without any notice was removed.  Not impressed at all and it was one of the perks we have stayed with Rogers but obviously we aren’t valued as customers.