Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gillisscott
I've Been Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

What I would like to know is where is the notice. In all terms and conditions Rogers says they will give 30 days written notice. By the response on the forum I’m guessing no one got the memo.
Bell Game Centre here I come
Very disappointed Rogers customer
JohnnyDushman
I've Been Around

I renewed at the end of August under the impression NHL would still be there as it had in the previous years.  I also got the email about 25% off but disregarded it as I had no reason to think NHL Live was going away.  Now I'm torn as to whether to sign up.  What they should've done was send the offer out sooner than they did and in that email let customers know they were discontinuing the service as part of a phone plan.

jasonm1975
I've Been Around

I don't believe there is much value left.  When my contract is up in August, I will also be looking at other carriers.  I thought Rogers NHL Gamecenter was a huge incentive to keep renewing.   

Brody171
I've Been Around

This was the only reason I picked Rogers over other carriers. Will be going with a better priced carrier ASAP
Tattonka75
I've Been Around

With all things being relatively equal in Canada as far as the cost of cell service (due to lack of providers), NHL Live was the only thing keeping me with Rogers.  That being said, I was entirely loyal to them because I felt the inclusive subscription set them apart from all other providers.

It's been said already in this thread - and I agree 100% - the fact that Rogers just ripped the band-aid off without any notice was VERY disappointing.  Even if they would have offered a discount for Rogers customers, I would have considered staying.  But no such consideration for their loyal customers.

I've already switched to Bell with a cheaper plan...my family will be switching too as their contracts expire. 

J

Njdevilz09
I've Been Around

Like many others , only reason I was a Rogers subscriber was just for the NHL live. 

No more NHL Live  = no longer a  Rogers customer 

Doggy9
I've Been Around

Well no nhl Network no Rogers for this guy...I'll be switching ASAP... terrible decision on Rogers part...
User684
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I was always amazed by how out of touch Bell was when it came to customer service, but this is just as bad and narrowminded. What a poor move by Rogers.
KDR1
I've Been Around

That was the only reason I stayed with Rogers, and it was nice of them to keep it quiet so that people don't find out until after they buy a new phone and are stuck with Rogers. It is even more annoying when they try to make the argument that they still offer great features Roam Like Home which they raised the prices on. Freedom Mobile here I come!

daphith
I've Been Around

@dsfdsfdssdf wrote:

I've been with Rogers for over 10 years, I've put up with their poor service mostly for the value adds like this.    The NHL package was literally the only thing holding me to them, now that it's gone i'll be switching. 

I just upgraded my phone not knowing they cancelled NHL services. Did they even send customers a notice? Guess I'm waiting two years to cancel...