Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ironfist65
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Couldn't have said it better myself! Great points! My parents (whom I convinced that the Share Everything plan was great) have now cancelled with Rogers and signed on with Videotron in Quebec. Not only did they get a better plan, they're saving $40 a month. I'm going to be right behind them as soon as I decide which provider I'm going to switch to as I live in Alberta.
xxx123
I've Been Here Awhile

Just to clarify, if I have Rogers Ignite Gigabit and Premier TV, am I covered for an NHL Game Center subscription?

Thanks.

kccyr
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope
Hogan994
I've Been Here Awhile

So I use Windows devices. I had a subscription to their Texture Magazine service (which is a Rogers product & linked to my cell account) (edit: I just found out they sold to it to Apple. I don't care. Im still maaaad). I didn't use it much , but it was pretty good and only $10 or so a month. So I'm heading on a trip tomorrow so I was just going to download some magazines. Lo & behold they have cancelled any support for windows, so you cant get the magazines with a windows device. Ridiculous. So I cancelled my Texture subscription just now. This on top of me finding out yesterday (via this thread) that I don't get Centre Ice anymore (because I have share everything).

So I just sent Rogers the following note:

"I will shortly be cancelling all my Rogers services (around $800 a month, 10k a year). You have cancelled centre ice on the share everything plan. And you have discontinued Windows for Texture. I have spoken to many of my business colleagues, & they will likely be doing the same thing. Of course I will be rallying the troops over social media
Nice customer service."

On the "what can we do to remedy this issue" I responded "Start caring about the people who pay some bills."

What a disgraceful company.

gcolquhoun
I've Been Here Awhile

The only reason I signed up with Rogers again a few months back is because of gamecenter. When I signed up again I clearly asked if gamecenter was still included and the answer was yes. Total lie. I'll be switching providers as soon as I can.

krikbor
I've Been Here Awhile

So I am paying more for less now, first Spotify and now NHL. I'm done with Rogers.

blackvenom
I've Been Here Awhile

yep, they can shove the 25% off coupon where the sun don't shine, I will be using streams and switching to another wireless provider for 2 phones and a tablet.   They don't even offer NHL Live 1 team viewing like they do in the States for a cheaper price for us and it wouldn't bother me much if it was only $50 or something, but when its $150+ just for a service to only watch my 1 team...that is ridiculous.   I started sharing this on social media as well, not that Rogers will care.  

daniel10
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm so rattled I've never had this much trouble trying to buy the subscription or even trying to call Rogers, it's crazy, I call the rogers game center number and it puts me through with a regular rep that now jack about the issues I have.
I got the 25% off code and go to use it. But the website doesn't let me pay. Charges my credit card 1.00 twice and that's it. I go to try it this morning and now it doesn't let me use my 25% off code.. caller Roger's and the rep wants my game center password so she can try. No one knows how I can pay. I've never have had this much trouble trying to pay a company. Maybe Rogers should have keep it free for customers
Coopenhagen
I've Been Around

This is the only reason I've ever stayed with Rogers. Sad that I have to give them money until Dec. 2019 but when I'm done I'm going somewhere else, no question. Been with them for more than 12 years straight, and have never been shown any loyalty back. This is just another addition to a lengthy list of things they've done. 

Rossj
I've Been Around

Hoping the NHL network is returned to their customers. At least at a discount......come on!!