Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Can I assume that NHL centre Ice package on cable is also gone too? It was included with my cable package the last 3 or 4 seasons. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Also I have been a long time customer with 2 cell plans, tv, internet and home phone with Rogers. This decision has made it quite easy for me to look elsewhere.

I've Been Here Awhile

No more NHL live?? That was a huge part of me signing up in the share everything plan. After being with Rogers for as long as I can remember this has left a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be switching providers when I get back from my current work trip.
I've Been Here Awhile

I’m on the same boat. Switching providers ASAP
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep same here. I love my hockey. They took that away and now I’ll go give my $100 a month to someone else.
I've Been Around

I am extremely disappointed. When I renewed in April I was told spotify was not going to be part of my wireless plan but NHL game center was. I have been with Roger's since 1998. I have never had issues with Roger's until now. I feel that those of us who resigned our contract with the idea that this was included have been misled. It is poor customer service and I am sure it is illeagal. I will be looking at my contract to see what was promised and I can say I will no longer be referring people to Roger's. After being a loyal customer for as long as I have you would think that I would get some perk. Obviously they don't care enough to keep loyal customers happy
I've Been Around

Yeah Ive been a client for many many years always getting a new phone every 2 years
Decided to add my mom to my plan she was with Bell almost the same rate
I went to the trouble of asking if anything in My plan was going to change and was told no everything would stay the same.
Not only did it take me days to set her up being sent to rogers store 3 times with the wrong information etc when finally all was done on the phone...received a message a couple of day's ago NHL.com no longer on my plan because of share....really dissapointed in Rogers
Spent 2 hours being sent to 3 different department for help on This to be told nothing could be done
My plan ends in a year and half unfortunatly have to wait till then but will def be switching to Bell
I feel like Karlsson lol so much for 9 years
Guess they dont really need me after all

Hello @dp230 and @rka_99,

We truly understand how changes to certain offers and promotions can come as a surprise...sometimes they are pleasant changes and sometimes, maybe not so much. 😌 

@dp230,

Spotify has become a staple in my own family as well--we absolutely can't live without it! We do still offer Spotify Premium as a single subscription for $9.99/month (plus taxes) through Rogers, so if you already have this being billed to you, it will continue until you decide to cancel the service. For those who prefer to be on a family plan, then you would essentially have to contact Spotify directly to get that set-up. 

For customers taking advantage of the first 6 months free of a Spotify Premium subscription, once the offer ends  you will be switched the to the free version.

Here are the steps on how to cancel a paid Spotify Premium subscription being billed through Rogers:

1. Sign in to your MyRogers account on rogers.com.
2. Look for the header named 'MORE SERVICES' and click 'LISTEN' under Spotify.
3. Click on MODIFY.
4. When the confirmation window appears, click 'YES, CANCEL'. 

**We’ll cancel the subscription at the end of the Spotify billing cycle. 
This end date could be different from your Rogers billing cycle. This means you could see one last Spotify charge on your invoice.

Since July 30th 2018, Rogers NHL LIVE access is no longer included in our wireless offers. If you are interested in signing up for the paid service, you can sign up directly on nhllive.rogers.com. If any new promotions become available, they will be posted to our Promotions page on Rogers.com.

@rka_99,

With regards to our Rogers NHL Centre Ice package, it doesn't appear to be offered free with any in-market promotions at this present time. Feel free to review this helpful thread for more information on packages and pricing for the 2018-2019 season: 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/NHL-Center-ICE-for-Cable-TV-2018-2019-Season/m-p/429997/high...

Thank you for your contributions to the Roger Community Forums, we really appreciate it!! 🤗

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

My angst is that associates didnt know GCL was being canceled and many people subscribed after being told they would get GCL included. In other words Rogers used the incentive even though they were planning to cancel. Breach of contract. Lots of people leaving Rogers as a result, including me. BYE BYE!!
I've Been Around

I just got off the phone (after navigating the byzentine phone system) with a customer service agent, where I was expressing my displeasure with the cancellation of NHL Gamecenter as part of Share Everything plans. She told me "well, it's unfortunate but sometimes our contracts with 3rd parties expire". I would be understanding if you're speaking about Spotify or some other actual 3rd party. But Rogers *is* the 3rd party here. If I want to pay money for Gamecenter (which I certainly will not do now since I have gotten used to access to it in return for paying the ludicrous cost of $100 a month)  then I buy it off of Rogers! Do you think we customers have all forgotten the huge 10-year contract that Rogers paid for exclusive rights to the NHL a few years ago?

If a 3rd party is actually involved then how can Rogers offer 25% (and 50% to one of my friends who stayed on the phone long enough). How does that make sense? Why are your customer service agents lying to us?

Apparently, the insane money Rogers threw at the NHL is leading to decisions like this. Some corporate bean counter realized that the Gamecenter throw in was too generous an offer, especially after it served it's purpose of coaxing new customers to Rogers from other carriers. Since there won't be any more waves of new customers, a Machiavellian calculation takes place: Rogers management is fully, 100% aware that people like us are going to cancel because of this. They're okay with that. They have calculated that losing X amount of customers is worth gaining Y amount of new revenue from Gamecenter subscriptions. This is Rogers, enormous evil media conglomerate, for you. Should we be surprised? I know I'm not.

Before you offered Gamecenter in packages, I would actually consider paying extra for it. I like the service a lot. It is probably worth $200-300 a year for. But having this experience of being manipulated in this way as a consumer, knowing full well the logic behind this, assures me I will never ever pay Rogers money for Gamecenter. You don't think we're aware of all the places to find high quality streams on the internet? Rogers can try as they might to shut down as many streams as possible. But there are always new streams. And I know where to find them. 

Furthermore, knowing I and my friends renewed contracts (or I even told people about this great promotion and that they should switch - I guess I'm a sucker) on the basis of continuing Gamecenter access - that customer service agents told them over the phone that this was the way it was going to remain. I'm sure Rogers' army of lawyers made sure to protect themselves of this possibility in the past, I'm sure the fine print doesn't say "We will include Gamecenter forever" - but what about your customer service agents? Did they make sure to say this?