Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eherrera5
I've Been Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

I’ve been with Rogers for 13-14 years. Doing this is not fair, especyto cutomers who have given long term business to. Rogers has a huge monopoly when it comes to the NHL in Canada. They can afford to do this and the excuses they give are not even a half . explanation on why. I had no contract and decided to stay with Rogers. After learning about this I’m done, me and my new business that I just started will take our business elsewhere.
Jord86
I've Been Here Awhile

Everything you just listed is literally offered by every phone company out there. I'm sure the NHL subscription got Rogers many new customers and got the guys in the offices huge bonuses. Now they decide to literally quit giving it as a bonus even they are the ones that own the rights to NHL viewing for many many years. Nothing like the big wigs lining their pockets with even more cash. Not to mention when I extended my contract in March it was still available. But by the time season starts they changed their minds. Go figure.
Ironfist65
I Plan to Stick Around

Couldn't agree more.

LannyForPres
I've Been Around

You are joking right? You took away a perk like Ganecentre Live, but tried to make us feel better by telling us it’s ok because we now have a service like Roam Like Home...that we have to pay for to ya. Can’t wait until my contract is up.
Fludlerk
I've Been Around

That's okay.  I'm sure Bell would love our business.  NHL and Spotify are what kept me a Rogers customer.   I guess I'll start shopping around.

marklesage
I've Been Around

While it was great having NHL Centre Ice free with my Share Everything Plan, I can understand why Rogers would discontinue this incentive from a business point of view.  That being said I currently pay for MLB.TV and DAZN at much lower rates to watch baseball and football.  I honestly believe that the days of paying for a premium for services like this are over.  I refuse to pay 200ish dollars to watch out of market hockey. 

dp230
I've Been Around

So, what’s happens now that we are subscribers of Spotify Premium? Who is billing us and how can we cancel? I’m assuming because you no longer offer those incentives the NHL Live will just not be available for us and get billed anything!

All very disappointing as my family used these all the time! 

😔😔😔😔😔

Mardiha
I've Been Here Awhile

I know I told the guy at Rogers I was a client for over 20 years..and he could care less. I signed up with Telus Centre Ice..and told him I would as it was almost the same price, but at least I can watch them on all my TVs easily so why would I pay you guys for your nhl package...then said I’m done with you guys soon as my contract is up with my second phone I just got a month ago....wish I had known this sooner. 

fitriyani
I've Been Around

Ya. That sucks! I didn’t know Rogers stop providing NHL Gamecentre this season. I convinced my husband to ditch Virgin Mobile & join Rogers for this purpose since we both are hockey fans. I tried to login to NHL apps on 2nd Preseason game & unable to watch on my way home from work. I was not happy !!! I pay $150/month for all phone, I imagine other customers would pay more with their bundles. I’ve been with Rogers for 15years! I brought families & friends to join Rogers. I’m so mad!!!!! WHY????? Don’t you think we pay you enough??!!

Michel_Tremblay
I've Been Around

I pay big dollars for 5 cell phones and unlimited internet and they cut nhl center live off like that. I have read a lot of the comments here and it looks like everybody is upset as much as I am. Bunch of.... I will shop and surely switch. Went out last night shopping and guess what.... Rogers sucks. They cut nhl center live bcs they can and its a bad move.