Purchased NHL/Live through my apple device

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Purchased NHL/Live through my apple device

I set up a subscription for NHL/live on my iPad and was prompted to pay through the App Store. It shows my monthly subscription of $29. How do I now access my subscription? I do not have Rogers services. Thanks. 

**Edited Labels**

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Purchased NHL/Live through my apple device

When I try to link my Apple ID to the NHL app is says coming soon?
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@bbcoachscotty

Welcome to the community!

I would be happy to have a look into this for you. 

I just want to confirm, are you logging in using the NHL or the Rogers NHL app? 

When you are logging into the Rogers NHL app you would need to log in using the MyRogers username and password.

If you are still unable to log in please let us know. 

Regards, 

RogersAliciaG

I'm Here A Lot

Hi @bbcoachscotty,

It seems that anyone who does not have a Rogers account to "link" their GCL subscription to cannot access the service, regardless of device. You've probably already looked at this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/RogersGCL/thread-id/495

I've Been Here Awhile

I purchased the monthly subscription from the Rogers NHL app and payment was done through the Apple Store. It prompted me to sign in or sign up for a my Rogers account. When I clicked on it to create a new account, it continues to say "Coming Soon". It also says this when you try to sign in with a my Rogers sign in. I cannot see anywhere else on the app other then in settings to attempt to sign in? Link account is where I keep coming to and the Coming Soon keeps appearing. It says to link your Apple ID, but it won't do it?? I have been charged for the $29. For the NHL monthly package through Apple
I've Been Here Awhile

Same thing here. I paid $199 via iOS  in-app purchase and linking to My Rogers account says "coming soon". Have you figured this out yet? 

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here...when I contacted Roger's customer service they were completely useless.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JaiDoubleU @bbcoachscotty @tysonmiller

For the life me, even though I am a Rogers customer, why should Rogers have total control of GCL in Canada? Is this not a service offered by the NHL? Why should you even need a Rogers account to sign up for GCL? You should be able to do this through the NHL without any connection to Rogers but if you try and do that, the page to do it on is hijacked by Rogers. Is there not something wrong with that picture?  Is it even legal? As far as I can tell, all of these GameCenter Live problems were created when Rogers signed their big deal with the NHL. Prior to that, you had to create an account with the nhl.com site. If you wanted to pay for a subscription for GameCenter Live, you did so. If you got a free subscription from Rogers, they provided you with a promo code. You used this code to get GameCenter Live for free. You logged in. You had no issues. 

Since Rogers signed their deal with the NHL, there have been nothing but issues; log-in issues; account issues; problems for people who are non-rogers customers; support issues for apps on Smart TVs or Smart Blu-Ray players; and the list goes on. As an example, I have a free subscription this year because of my Ignite Internet package. I download the app for our iPad, log-in, and get it all set up. Then I try to play a game and it tells me that we must be a Rogers customer in order to watch the game. So, I log-out, click on the game where I am then taken to a log-in page, log-in again and now the game plays. Do I have to log out and then log-in every time I want to watch a game? It was so much simpler when I could do everything through the NHL page. Now - I cannot even click on a link to the NHL page without being hijacked by Rogers to a new page. Rogers - why do you continually try to fix what is not broken and then break it?

Hello, @bbcoachscotty@tysonmiller@JaiDoubleU

I believe the issue has to do with establishing the link between iOS and MyRogers, I’d like to help. Addressing the issue involves in getting the subscription details. I’m going to send a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding.

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

What envelope icon? Don't know what you're talking about