Problems with Roger's new bill format

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Problems with Roger's new bill format

Oh, forgot, I do like the ability to download the data since at one time, I could have 1000's of calls and a spreadsheet makes the business of finding and sorting data easier. But, here I go, broken record that I am, include it on the bill please.
I'm a Senior Advisor

BS wrote:

So the download to excel, which now works on my chrome at 75%, but doesn't work in IE still.

IE is just about dead and MS will replace it with a completely new browser. That's probably the reason nobody will put any effort into catering to it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Regarding Rogers new bill format. It is now set up to make it easier to understand. I'm sorry to sat but it isn't any easier, but more difficult. This change happens at least once a month. Just as we get a chance to get used to the format, it changes. Not knocking Rogers service. We are pleased with the service. Please just leave things alone for awhile, please! There doesn't seem to be an option to download the PDF version. Because that is where the "fine print" is. Also an option to print the pdf isn't there. Thanks for your time and consideration.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Hayward, what browser are you using?  With Firefox, I click View Bill, then Download Bill (PDF) and I can either save it or open it in Adobe Reader.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Regular

With the new format, I am unable to download the PDF with my Detailed Billing information. When is this going to be fixed?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately its not a 'fix' thing.

Apparently if you look through this thread.. you have to download it seperately.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I would like to summarize for all of us what we have all learned - thanks for the hard work everyone in this forum and thread, as well as the many Roger's techs, customer support, online and by phone, and a gesture by one of the reps to escalate it to the president's office with a personal phone call back from the office. I didn't ask for it, they offered. Now there is good service and problem solving - if you don't have the answer, escalate it yourself, don't keep going and expect the customer to escalate it.

1. If you are using IE11, it would appear that the download of details to a CSV format (spreadsheet) is not working. It is known to the development team (from the mouth of the president's office) and is being worked on. There is no work around except to use a different browser. Sorry for those of you that do not want to change from IE.

Every other feature on IE11 works as designed.

2. If you use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safaria for windows (would suspect that MAC users of these products and Linux users of these products may have the same issue), there is a screen resolution issue - again known and being worked on.

WORKAROUND:  from the tools section (You will find that at the top if you use menu structures, or to the right hand top corner with the three lines), locate the percentage view size and change it from 100% or higher if you use it and reduce it. I have found that both 90% and 75% will work. Pick one that will work for you.

This will now allow you to see the 4 boxes properly with the download view pdf button there to push. You will now get your electronic version of the bill.

3. Now the feature that I have learned is currently "as designed".

"It is not currently intended to put the details of phone calls on the full printed bill." This is in quotes because this is what I was told.

Don't ask me why, I have asked and have not received an answer. The president's office has indicated that they would pass it on to the department for consideration, but no committment to make that change. I have made all the reasons of why it is critical, both my own and those I have read on the forum.

So to summarize this download of details issue and absence of it on the full bill (and I have been told that if you request a mailed version, the details won't be there either, but I can't verify that because I don't get mailings. You will have to go back to the online version and get it there. Bottom line is that there is no way for us to print the full details on the pdf bill at this time.

4. My advice to anyone who is determined and unhappy that the details are now seperate from the downloaded pdf bill, request an escalation to the presidents office by first going through the steps of front line support, manager level, then request President's office and express strongly, but politely why you need it back the other way. I can personally tell you that the office emailed me a complete bill with details, at their suggestion, so it can clearly be done, so if you want it, ask them for it.  If they indicate that it is under consideration, or is being looked at, have them open a ticket, keep it open and ask for follow-up by them as to the change. You may get a call indicating that the issue is resolved. If you do, check it out, and if it is not resolved to your satisfaction, call them back and have them reopen the ticket.

The bottom line is that if it is "by design", then someone or group made the decision to design it this way, and it will take pressure to get it back to that group to reverse their decision. So keep the wheel squeaking.

To conclude, let it not be forgotten- "I want my details back on the downloaded bill". And I again want to complement all of the board members for their diligence on this topic, for your patience, and for the support of the Roger's staff.  With a lot of work on all of our parts, we have found the brower workarounds, which will eventually lead to fixes, now that it is known what the problem is, and if we keep the volume up on the clearly desired topic of a complete copy of the bill with details in one file, we may get it through to the people who can make that change. That is not a programmer's issue, or a system designer's issue, this is a decision that would have to come from the lead team for this implementation.

Thanks everyone, Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Still finding things - go to this page http://www.rogersbillexplainer.com/eng/paper/7-wireless-usage and see the yellow exclamation mark beside "for your complete billing details including talk, text, and data usage please visit www.rogers.com/myrogers". 

In the explanation box, read the following explanation: 

"Complete Billing Details

In an effort to simplify your bill and reduce the number of pages, full details have been made available online"

So clearly this decision to remove details from the paper bill and downloaded pdf electronic paper bill was deliberate. I know I have personally complained now and then about the length of the bill, but understood that was because I had 4 bundled service on one consolidated bill and I had made the decision that I needed the detail and requested as I needed it at the time for business use/personal use differentiation for compensation and for tax purposes. If I had not wanted the number of pages, I would not have asked for full details. Simplying my bill by reducing details has not simplyied my use of my bills.  It has made it more complicated, forcing me away from my paper downloaded bill, which is all I ever used.  I am not a ludite who has difficulty with change, it is a matter that my time is valuable and I want to choose the most efficient use of how to work with companies and my bills. 

I feel very sorry for those who are not computer literate and just want their full bill on paper and even have agreed to pay the cost of this in the past. I personally know a few of those people.  They just like getting their bills in the mail, that is just the way they are, and want nothing to do with being sent to an online version which they will now have to learn how to use. One of these people I know doesn't even use a computer for anything financial. They want their bills in the mail, they store them in a file folder and want nothing to do with going to a computer for their details.

So just give us this choice back and I promise, I will never complain about the number of pages.  My complaint generally, is that when calling in, I had to say, "bear with me as I work my way through the bill to find my issues, working through 28 pages can be time consuming." As well as the fact that your reps couldn't see what I was looking at. It has always been interesting that the most effective way for us to work together, was I had them bring up my bill, and I brought up mine and we then both saw the same things. But I am glad that your reps can now see what we see and visa versa, at least if we are on same operating systems, browser versions, and resolutions.  

I am beginning to feel like a person on a picket line, or a protest march - "hey ho, give me my details back". Cat Happy Smiley Happy

Now we just need someone with the authority to direct the programmers to make this change and to communicate to the support people that this change is coming. Will save a lot of frustration for everyone if we could at least get a consistent answer.  If they say no, we aren't going back (just tell me that if that is the case, and if you do intend to change it, any time frame known), then I can make my decision on how I want to respond as a customer and to see if I have been heard

Thanks everyone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @BS

definitely on the same page as you.

I only have wireless services now (having cut the cord on the others) - but I need full details for our two lines as some calls need to be expensed.

PHT

I'm a Senior Advisor

This will be my last post on the topic of details on the bill.

I have found this on various help pages for Rogers, and one of the moderators just posted the step by step process of getting the download of the "separate details".

Here is the standard line on all references to detailed billing on paper and downloaded bills:

"In an effort to simplify your bill and reduce the number of pages, all your call details can now be found online and via the MyRogers app. Customers viewing their bill online or through the app have access to their account 24/7 and can make a payment, check usage, upgrade their services, update their profile and much more."

So I leave it to those like me that want the details back on the bills where I have made the strong argument that they should be as they represent the complete legal bill for our purposes whether it be taxes, compensation, etc. and that the download provides no details on anything but usage, no reference to which phone number it applies, description of codes, any reference that it represents part of our legal bill in terms of customer name, account name, even that it came from Rogers in the first place.  I can just imagine that some departments that people submit phone useage information to may not accept a spreadsheet printout as anyone could have created this, or even changed the numbers.

So continue to send feedback via the feedback tab on the side, by calling customer support and ask to escalate until you can get a satisfactory answer. Be patient and polite is my advice - this issue would appear to be a design issue implemented at a very high level given the amount of written reference on it, so it will require persistance, patience and enough people taking this to the levels that are able to make these types of changes.

Let's hope they listen to us.  The people I have dealt with have all listened, and have agreed to send my concerns upwards, they just don't have the authority to do anything about it.

Best of luck. It has been a long journey for all of us to get through the bugs, the limited or unclear documentation, the multiple answers we have heard along the way as we and they found out how to "work around" the problems. The reality is they still have a lot of bug fixing to do, and hopefully our concern about details is on the list and they will get to it.

"I want my details back". Maybe I should write a song.  Smiley Happy  Along the lines of the tune "I want my MTV."