Problems with Roger's new bill format

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problems with Roger's new bill format

Thank you so much for your feedback @denisecanuck!

I am sure this information will be useful for other users as well Smiley Wink

I was also able to view my invoice by allowing pop-ups for Rogers.com

Sans titre.png

Once you've clicked "Done", pop-ups will be allowed for our website, and you will not have to constantly perform this step.

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, too bad that I missed this thread to start with, it would have saved me over an hour of chatting with nearly incompetent support staff.

They kept blaming my browser, telling me to clear the cache, etc - while I made it crystal clear to them that I was looking for the missing detailed call logs from my downloaded bill.
When the second agent finally figured out what it was, the response was exactly as outlined here.   Download your bill and then download your details into Excel and figure it out.

Totally unacceptable behaviour.

Rogers - Fix this and demonstrate that you still care about your customers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I remain unable to view/print my pdf bill from chrome or firefox. I have been through this with two reps on chat and we went through the process of turning off popups for all pages, and exclusions for rogers pages, to no avail, so there still remain some unusual buggy issues when it comes to working with any other browser than IE 11 on my windows 7 pro.

Glad it has resolved the printing problem for some. I still am unable to download the details in any format, . I just get a server error as described.

This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

What you can try:

Open this content in a new window
   So I follow that instruction then get this error.

HTTP Status 500 - EncryptedToken header not found in request.

type Exception report

message EncryptedToken header not found in request.

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
org.springframework.security.web.authentication.preauth.PreAuthenticatedCredentialsNotFoundException: EncryptedToken header not found in request.
com.britebill.rogers.rest.ext.security.RogersRequestHeaderAuthenticationFilter.getPreAuthenticatedPrincipal(RogersRequestHeaderAuthenticationFilter.java:22)
org.springframework.security.web.authentication.preauth.AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.doAuthenticate(AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:103)
org.springframework.security.web.authentication.preauth.AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:91)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:344)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:261)
org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter.handleNonCORS(CorsFilter.java:439)
org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:178)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.53 logs.

With time, I hope it gets fixed, but wanted to have our moderator be aware that the solution around popups is not a universal fix.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I wish to clarify exactly what is happening with my views of my rogers in IE11, versus, chrome, versus firefox.

For those who have the android version of my rogers, you will be aware that it provides no method to download a pdf (although I ask why not - some people don't use pc desktops anymore and there is no legitimate reason to not allow a dlownload of the pdf to one's phone adobe reader).

As you move through the app view of the my rogers, then take a look at the firefox and chrome, in my case, I am seeing an identical view and working method as found in the application.  The application is specific that if you want details, you need to go to the desktop computer and view my rogers there - so what if you don't have a desktop computer of laptop anymore.

It is only on IE11 that I get a completely different view that allows me to get at the view detail, view bill, etc, although the download does not work. So for those who the solution of popups does not work for them, you are not the only one.

I'm a Senior Advisor

By the way, out of curiousity, I also tried opera, and again, it is pulling up the view, design, and functionality of the android application. Browser apps on the phone are also pulling up this same mobile app view and functionality. Oh well, maybe by next month. For now, I am done. Thanks for everyone's patience and feedback. Definitely a lot of work remaining to take care of, and please, please, put the details back on the pdf. If I have to use IE11, I can live with it, but won't like it as long as the full functionality is there and I have a complete bill with details included. I don't feel that I am asking for a lot. The marketing pitch is that "we have listened and we made changes", so keep listening and I hope more changes will follow.

Hello @BS,

Thank you for your detailed posts and I'm sorry for all the inconvenience. I have seen that error message before and it could mean Microsoft.Net (Dot Net) and Java need to be updated. Would you please see if you can update both and try to view/print the bill and let the Community know, thank you.

Regards,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have current .net framework. If one is a chrome user primarily which represents 64.9% of users in May by the way, IE is 7.1%;  If you try to update Java to the most current version of Java, Java plugins will not run on Chrome as Chrome has changed the security standards due to security risks around various standards used by JAVA

Which plugins are supported

Plugins that use a newer, more secure system called Pepper API (PPAPI) will continue to work, including those that ship with Chrome, like Adobe Flash and PDF Viewer. However, plugins that use NPAPI, including Silverlight, Java, and Unity, won’t work.

After the release of Chrome version 45, you’ll need to use an alternate web browser to load content that requires a NPAPI plugin.

So if you are a user of Chrome, be aware of your updates of JAVA. If Rogers is requiring and writing to the new versions of JAVA which do currently run on IE, but not on Chrome, you are going to create problems for yourself if you run the update.

By the way, my issue is not related to print/view pdf, it is download details of phone calls (export to Excel), and installing the current version of Java did not fix the problem on IE11, and unfortunately created a problem for Chrome which I now need to fix.

RogersMoin, you have had a lot of suggestions, but I do have a question for you. Before putting out these suggestions, do you test these on your own devices, and do you have a very strong background in debugging and testing of issues. With this most recent recommendation, if I were you, I would suggest that you recommend that you assume no responsibility for risks to our current configurations, and that changing things like popups, .net, java, etc have potential security risks that each person needs to consider.

I think I will leave the testing to the Roger's programmers, although I have found this discussion very useful.  Now back to fixing my Chrome problem and JAVA.

And as I have said before, for the Roger's developers, put a notice on the website that the current update does not work on all configurations and to contact chat for assistance and to notify them of issues so that they can work with them, and bottom line, as I have said before, details belong on the printed bill.

To summarize what I have learned - My chrome, firefox, and opera run a presentation of the my rogers that looks, feels, and works like the adroid My rogers app. These appear to be mobile versions, not desktop versions. On my computer, I can view my bill, am aware that details are no longer provided directly on the bill, and that I cannot download the details due to the error I presented details on previously.

Rogers techs need to get this working on Chrome - the most commonly used browser. 

So for now, I can live with what I have got - view bill from IE11, can screen clip the details if I want copies.

Thank all for your support.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:

Rogers techs need to get this working on Chrome - the most commonly used browser. 

So for now, I can live with what I have got - view bill from IE11, can screen clip the details if I want copies.

Thank all for your support.

I did not know that, but I checked, and you're right. I went straight from Netscape to Firefox and only used Internet Extorter for websites that were still in the dark ages.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Finally!! I was able to retrieve my June 1st mobile phone bill.  Once I adjusted the zoom to 75% I could see the option to download/print the bill.  I was online with a line chat agent or over an hour and not once was this option even suggested.  The live chat agents need more training.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you Carolyn. Changing the view to 75% in Chrome did make both the print pdf and download links visible and both work, if you have popups turned on, which by default most people are going to have turned off. Talk about a complete mess of an implementation. 

As a past system implementor of complex user interfaces and database structures in the  health industry, one of the first things that you make all your support people aware of is what platforms you have tested on, with full configuration settings. I know that there is no industry standard for browsers and settings anymore, so it is critical that support people have documentation on each and every typical browser implementation.

I have personally experienced , "try this, try that, maybe you have this setting wrong, are you up to date (to what version by the way?), etc, etc". Lots of trial and error work. There is nothing I hate worse then when as a user I am turned into a "beta tester". Just my little rant.

So the download to excel, which now works on my chrome at 75%, but doesn't work in IE still.

And by the way, since the download has absolutely no identifying information of the customer on it, no phone number, no customer name, no reference to device used, most people are not going to accept this as an official document. I could have produced this on my own in Excel, and could make changes to it.

I know I am becoming a broken record, but no one has committed to this change - "put the details back on the full downloaded bill where they have been for decades in either mailed or downloaded form."  This is the legal record that supports our use of the phone for compensation, or to contest billing questions.

Thanks to all who have served as the testers of this "poor" implementation to give us the changes that Rogers claims we asked for. Scarcasm intended.

Don't get me wrong, I like all of these changes, the instructional videos, just am fed up with the fact that most of this debugging has been done by me and others on this board and that many of the support staff are sending out various confusing messages. And one more time for good measure, put the detailed breakdown of phone calls back on the bill.