NHL Live blocks out the wrong region.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NHL Live blocks out the wrong region.

Didn't I already say most of this in a previous post?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/NHL-Live-blocks-out-the-wrong-region/m-p/...

Its unfortunate that this keeps coming up, year after year.  Don't know why someone at Rogers doesn't take the bull by the horns and finds some way to hash this out with the sports franchises and geolocation companies, and the group that sells subscriptions for Rogers.  Lets see, crystal ball prediction, we'll see similar posts next year, and the year beyond, and beyond, etc, etc. 

Uklamen
I've Been Here Awhile

Every year same issue here.

Hoping someone sees this and can help.

Resorting to "free" streams right now.

Trying to watch Toronto games from Ottawa region and it shows I'm blacked out on my network unless I use my phone.
mozoman
I've Been Around

Can someone please help. It’s a pandemic and we are stuck at home and we spend our hard earned dollars on NHL live. I am just north of Toronto and wanted to watch a Montreal Vancouver game tonight. It said I was blacked out. So I tried every other game that was on and they are all blacked out. When I finally got through to customer service, they said it was my IP address. My IP address? So I called bell and my geolocation is accurate. I am in a region that can get any of the games I tried. I certainly don’t live in Columbus or Dallas. I have had many issues with the NHL live app which I won’t get into... but for now I just want to watch hockey games I am entitled to and have pre paid for. Please I begging someone at Rogers/NHL to help! And yes, I reloaded the app, tried from my Rogers cell phone and rebooted the modem etc etc

RRF1
I Plan to Stick Around

All three of the hockey games were blacked out on the evening of Feb. 2 2021.

Why?

It certainly cannot be to protect ticket sales, as there are no fans due to COVID.

What is the point of paying for a service when it is does not deliver a product?

Uklamen
I've Been Here Awhile

Still blacked out for me. They have been trying to fix or allow access to my IP since the start of the season. 1/5th in and I still can't watch Toronto play which is the only reason I got this.