NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

I noticed quality issues too.
I Plan to Stick Around

Everyone else getting the same lag issue? It literally like sputters every half second so that the video looks like slomo. Every game tonight is like this.

I think we also had the same problem last year intermittently. Hopefully it gets corrected by the regular season.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Well, this is my experience tonight, for what it is worth, though it does not seem to be worth much as most of us never hear anything back.

First, I tried to log in through the rogers page:

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/signin?destination_url=signin?

I started the Chicago/Detroit game and it played on my laptop, but guess what? There was no Chromecast icon. I then logged out and went here to log in.

https://www.nhl.com/login/rogers

Low and behold, I tried the same game and the Chromecast icon was there. The picture was choppy and audio stuttered. 

I then tried through the app on my android phone and it said the media was not available. Rogers, you have a whole lot of work to get this up and running before the season begins. Why not admit defeat and run this stuff through the NHL site?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think these guys care. I started this thread 2 years ago and the problems are still there!!

Why should we keep paying for this? The quality is worse and less reliable than pirated streams.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow just wow.

After trying and failing to post yet another complaint to this site for over 3 days now Im getting increasingly annoyed not even your forum site was working correctly.

Ill say it again Im not sure theres much point as you guys are doing basically jack squat to resolve these issues that people are paying good money for.

So I have not been able to watch a single game without losing quality of stream going from say 720p down to 180p and then games just freezing altogether literally every single game has done this when casting the game through the chromecast. I double checked my internet speed and no issues there 160mbps down. And literally anything else including 4K HDR content on both youtube and Netflix play flawlessly using the same Chromecast...... Seriously fix this this is outrageous.

Sure i could just watch the games direct on my 4 " screen phone.....but sorry Im not an ant and like most people I should be enjoying my games on my 65 " OLED.

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?!?!?

Hello @Dabrit,

I completely understand your frustration with the quality of the streams on your Chromecast. With the season fast approaching it's important that the App works properly so you can enjoy the games on your big screen.

The NHL has opened up select pre-season games that you can access. Don’t forget that these games are subject to regional blackouts.

Some games require TV authentication. This means that you must subscribe to the channel that airs the game with a participating TV provider (Rogers, Telus, Eastlink, Source Cable, Videotron) in order to be able to watch it.

For more information on TV Authentication visit: https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/support-FAQs

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Blackouts are clearly not the issue here.

All these people experiencing issues and Rogers hasn't addressed the problem. Instead the fault obviously lies with the user.

The season starts in a week. I'm willing to bet these issues are not addressed in that time.

Gamecenter might as well remove Chromecast support from their advertising. They clearly have no intention of actually supporting it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I dont understand your point here?? The ganes I was watching werent blackout games or ones requiring TV subscription authentication.

They were regular preseason games which would play but not run properly freezing buffering and losing quality throughout each game ive watched.

You might just as well have responded:
" Crocodiles because hobbits don't lay eggs"

Thanks so much for your ever insightful resolutions
I'm a Senior Contributor

My experience tonight was a nightmare. I tried logging in here and got 404 bad request. Then I tried here and got to watch part of a game. Then it conked out. I got so much buffering that I could not watch. I stopped Chromecast. Then tried again, but Chromecast icon was gone. Fifteen minutes later it was back. I got to see the last few minutes of the game. Seriously rogers....fix this!

I've Been Here Awhile

Also having the same terrible casting experience with gamecentre and chromecast this season and all last season. Watching directly via my Samsung tablet the streams were ok and vis PS4. Rogers needs to remove chromecast support and stop wasting our time as they are clearly not addressing this issue.