NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

This is ridiculous. Watched one period and then media error 3 starts. I have tried re casting 20 plus times... Media temp unavailable.. But yet it's playing on my phone fine.

Multi billion dollar company, 5.2 billion dollar nhl deal and you can't hire competent engineers to incorporate a simple feature such as chromecast and yet you advertise it on your site...

I would never pay for this . and I feel bad for anyone that does. I am 0 for 4 now for being able to watch a game completely through without error.

The fact that Google cast extension is still your only source of chromecast support on a laptop is so sad and so behind the times. Year after year this experience is nothing short of frustrating. You are ruining one of our national pastimes.
I'm a Senior Contributor

It seems like we shoud have heard something from rogers by now. I have not tried casting lately as centre ice has been on a free preview but once that is over, it will be disappointing if GCL to chromecast is still not fixed.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Datalink ,

I can cast from my android device ( nexus 5) for youtube and netflix( pretty sure I didn't fork out the extra money for netflix hd).

Just an issue with GCL . I can cast from my laptop in chrome although a lessor quality stream.

maybe NHL GCL app is streaming a HD stream that chromecast 2 can't handle, is there a setting to lower the definition within the app to test?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yep. Error 3. this started in World Cup of hockey. I signed up to beta test the new modem firmware a ways back. It fixed the IPv6 issue. Now back at square one - no live hockey. It's insane. Like - does this company have any idea how to run a live stream? Absolute joke. No other app has this issue. Rogers GCL is a fail. I bought an antennae so at least now I can catch hockey night in Canada on CBC Saturday nights. Old
School!
I've Been Here Awhile

Very strange - flipping through games. There are 11 tonight. Streaming from iPhone 6 to chrome cast. I have tried multiple times for each game. 2 work. The philly game and the Colorado game. All others just keep saying error 3 - temp unavailable
I'm Here A Lot

I noticed that this seems to only be a problem with live streams. I was trying to watch the Oilers and Carolina as a live stream on Tuesday and kept getting media unavailable like every one else. The next day when the game was on demand it played without any issue.

I can stream CBC News App, Plex, Youtube and several others from both my Nexus tablet and my Note4 to the Chromecast but live streams on GCL are consistently giving me the media unavailable error.

I'm Here A Lot

Just to add, I have also been struggling with error 3 since the start of the season.  Good to know I am not the only one since I've spent hours trying to troubleshoot this on my own over the last few weeks.  Garbage.  Tonight, same deal, I can't get jack to work.  Very frustrating!  Rogers tech support blames Chromecast even though GCL is the only application having this issue.  ALL other cast enabled apps work perfectly find.  

When will this be fixed?  GCL is pretty much the only reason I am still a Rogers Internet customer, without it, I'm gone.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Noticed tonight that the cast icon has completely disappeared when using GCL on PC. So what is up with this rogers? The cast icon was there earlier this week but did not work. Now it is not there at all. We were promised an update on this issue but have not received one. I was able to cast using my phone (Android) with no issues. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess it could mean they realized it's screwed up and are correcting the bugs in it. I just hope they are looking at other devices too... I much prefer casting from my phone but this error 3 is absolutely ridiculous.

An update would be in good order though...
I'm a Senior Contributor

I think I spoke too soon. I got to midway through the 3rd period this evening after casting from my phone when the error 3 message popped up. I stopped casting and then re-casted and it was fine after that. I agree though that it is ridiculous and to not hear anything from rogers is equally ridiculous.