NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

I was told over Live Chat last night that this is a Chromecast problem, not a Rogers problem, and was re-directed to the forums.

This doesnt make a lot of sense to me though. This seems like Gamecenter is sending the wrong stream to the Chromecast.

Is there anyone at Rogers that can look into this in more detail?

Thank you all for reporting the issue and I appreciate your patience.

@cborrens - Are you trying to cast the game from your phone? Can you provide more details?

@Rehcuob and @Dugi - Both of you reported that you are seeing highlights of another game instead of the actual game. Thank you for the feedback. This thread will be updated as the solution becomes available. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so yes something is wrong with chromecast now and the NHL site.  The major change I just noticed is that there is a cast button right down on the navigation bar of the game being watched.  If you click that one, it takes me to an LA/Dallas game that is from last year it looks like.  Clearly there is a problem with how this has been setup by the NHL site and not a chromecast issue.  If I try clicking the cast to button at the top right of the browser it no longer does anything, just has NHL PROD in the little chromecast window and it doesnt do anything.  

If I try to cast from my phone it will come up with an error message that the media is temporarily unavailable and try to again later.  Error 3 if I recall correctly.  So it's a little bit spotty.  The cast from a laptop is just straight broken now though.  I prefer to stream from my laptop and want to see this resolved ASAP. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the sames issues..

Blaming on Chromcast seems pretty random.. as the ONLY app I have trouble with is NHL..

Getting the highlights from another game as well..

200$ for this service , might as well go back to cable

I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

@Rehcuob and @Dugi - Both of you reported that you are seeing highlights of another game instead of the actual game. Thank you for the feedback. This thread will be updated as the solution becomes available. 

Hopefully, that will be soon. It has taken a long time to get true chromecast support on a PC and when I saw the cast icon the other day, I was quite elated. Then my hopes were dashed when clicking on the cast icon took to me some kind of highlights. It was very disappointing. Please do not let us down. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Can't cast anything from my smartphone tonight. Every game I try to cast gets the Media Error (3) message.

Any idea what's wrong tonight?

Ryan

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hoboryan:

1.  Does the Chromecast work with non-game video that you want to watch? Can you try casting something else, just as a check.  If it doesn't work, that might confirm an IPV6 server issue.  and,

2.  Is this an Android smartphone by chance?

I'm Here A Lot

Same thing for me.. Error 3 on Chromecast (but plays on my PS4 or my Android phone).. Very frustating.. My Chromecast work A1 for Netflix, youtube, etc.. but NHL app is garbage.. Fix this please!! ASAP..
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Datalink,

1) Chromecast works with non-game video (ie. recap of Saturday game). Just not working for live games last night.

2) It's an IOS device. Game plays fine on the IOS device but cannot cast to TV.

Other issues/details:

1) I live in Toronto, but am blacked out from RDS Canadiens' games...doesn't make sense since I'm west of the line connecting Belleville/Pembroke (https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/support-game-availability/).

2) I've restarted my chromecast multiple times. As well, I've tried playing the game on my IOS device first and then casting....on top of connecting to chromecast first and then casting the game.

Ryan

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So frustated with Rogers tonight.

After working on Live Chat to get my free account set up on Saturday (which it clearly says I qualify for on my account), I try and get on tonight and they've now disabled my account without telling me. I spend another 30 minutes on Live Chat troubleshooting just for them to tell me this! 

I guess Chromecast is the least of my issues now. GCL was the only reason I has keeping Rogers Internet. At times I really think they are actively trying to lose customers.