NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

@RogersDarrell

I am aware of the Google Cast extension. This is what I tried last evening through the PC and the picture quaility was not very good at all. On the other hand, when using the iPad and the Rogers NHL app (on the same Internet connection) and then clicking on the built-in cast icon, we got one fantastic picture. What I was hoping for was the same sort of built-in cast icon on the NHL site instead of having to use the Google Cast extension. Other sites have the built-in cast icon like YouTube, Netflix, and Shomi. When we cast from these sites, we have no issues with picture quaility. Can this not be done for the NHL site via a computer? In the meantime, we know for now to use our iPad as opposed to the PC!

@hoboryan

Sorry, I did not see your post when I replied to @RogersDarrell. Thank you for posting though. It is obvious that you know exactly what I am talking about. The Google Cast extension simply does not work as well as casting directly from the site itself - be it YouTube, Netflix, Shomi or any number of other sites that have true Chromecast support. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

While I can agree that what you refer to as 'true-casting' has it's benefits vs 'screen mirroring'. When it comes to viewing on a browser, the Chromecast extension via Chrome is the only version of Chromecast support at this time.  We will be looking beyond this option early next year.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

@RogersDarrell wrote:

While I can agree that what you refer to as 'true-casting' has it's benefits vs 'screen mirroring'. When it comes to viewing on a browser, the Chromecast extension via Chrome is the only version of Chromecast support at this time.  We will be looking beyond this option early next year.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

The thing is @RogersDarrell is that Rogers is advertising Chromecast support. Using your laptop, tablet or smartphone and your home Wi-Fi network, stream live games to your big screen with Google Chromecast and Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. Sign in with your MyRogers account to get started. This message is misleading because there is no true Chromecast support using a PC or a laptop. The Google Cast extension allows any page to be cast to Chromecast but this does not mean it is supported by Chromecast. To be truly supported by Chromecast, there should be a cast icon on the app page. This currently exists on the Rogers NHL app for Android or iOS but not not on a PC or Laptop. If you check the Chromecast page, you can easily see that there is no Chromecast support for Rogers NHL GameCenter Live. There is support for Shomi. It would be nice to to see the same support for GameCenter Live! It seems to me that by the time you look into this early next year and then actually resolve the issue, the season could be pretty much over!

I've Been Here Awhile

Im having major issues when casting from the nhl app.. I constantly lags and stutters... I have tried with my Nexus 6p and iphone6, my chromecast is connected with ethernet cable and my wifi is within 7 feet (tplink c8) .. Im not getting any issues casting from my laptop in the chrome browser nor when I watch games directly on my devices... Only problem is when I use the icon within the app.. Can you help me out here?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Laptop is connected via ethernet or wifi?  

I've Been Here Awhile

The laptop is connected wifi, but chromecast was also connected by wifi before I purchased the ethernet adaptor.. had problems with and without wifi..

I've Been Around

I'm unable to cast the game using Chromecast. I'm receiving a media error message on my tv screen "This media is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few moments." Is there an issue with the app? It was working just the other day.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there. I've recently figured out how to you NHL Gamecenter Live on my computer. I can watch the Leaf game on my computer, but when i try to use my chromecast to send it to my tv, it randomly casts highlights of a DAL/LA game from last year?

Any insight? I have no idea if it is Gamecenter sending the wrong game, or chromecast detecting the wrong signal?

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Rehcuob

I am having the same issue. I set up the game on the PC, then click on the cast icon and instead of showing the game, I am taken to some stupid highlights. Not working at all. I think rogers has some work to do. Anyone from rogers reporting this?