NHL Gamecentre Live Error on Kodi -

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

NHL Gamecentre Live Error on Kodi -

Hi, i am seriously having issues with NHL Gamecenter Live on KODI (for the last two months).

I have Rogers ShareEverything so i get gamecenter for free.  So it works on my phones and my ipad.  

But i have a PC hooked up to my TV.  I want to watch games on my big TV.

So here is the problem.  

I installed the newest version of Kodi and the NHL Gamecentre Add on.   i have set up my rogers username (email) and password and checked the rogers login tab.

wheneve i click on the addon, i get a "NHL Gamecentre Live Error - Please Check the Log for more info".  i have no idea what log to check.  i tried the eventlog for gamecenter and theres nothing there.

a quick note.  if i log into NHL gamecentre using Google chrome via the same PC, it works.  Its just very glitchy.  

anyone with kodi experience know why i'm getting this error.   

it used to work prior to january. but then after that it stopped and i got the error.

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live Error on Kodi -

Hi @radioactivemann,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I understand you're looking to get NHL Gamecenter Live working on KODI. The NHL Gamecenter Live currently works on multiple platforms including Android, iOS smartphones, tablets, computers, select gaming consoles. As well as Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast supported within iOS & Android versions of the NHL app.
• Has the NHL Gamecenter Live on KODI worked in the past (before two months ago)?
• Were you able to find a related thread on the Kodi Community Forums website?
• You mention it glitches, what other issues are you having?
• Do you have the option to test it from another PC?

I'd like to tag one of our resident experts, @Gdkitty. Do you have any insight on this matter?

Regards,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

hi, here are answers to your questions:
1) i installed kodi around nov 2015 and gamecenter worked until about late january. then this problem happened. a couple things did change around this time. a) my rogers userid changed to my email. b) the gamecenter app got replaced with a newer gamecenter live app. i dont know (cant remember) if these caused the issues or not.
2) nothing i can find on it
3) the glitches is a separate issue i think. nothing to do with kodi. no other issues.
4) i have one android box which also has kodi installed. same error there too. havent tried with another PC though
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @radioactivemann,

Are you still experiencing the same NHL Gamecentre Live Error on Kodi? If so what's the exact error message?  I would also suggest posting your question / concerns on the Kodi Community Forums site.

Regards,

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live Error on Kodi

I'm trying to connect to game center from my Kodi box but I receive the following error:

[Errno1]_ssl.:480:error:14090086Smiley FrustratedSL
Routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate: certificate verify failed (function:_init_)

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Hello, @SOCCERDAD44

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I appreciate reporting the error message you are receiving on the Kodi box. Currently, the Kodi box is not compatible with Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. Please follow the link to know all the supported devices. 

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

the kodi app is not an official app nor would ever be authorized by NHL gamecenter live

I've Been Around

More than a bit late to the game responding, and while Rogers won't offically support it, heck they won't support running on Linux, you can easily watch GameCenter on Kodi using your legal account with them.   I'm not sure what addon you're using but the one that works the best for me has been NHL GameCenter by  eracknaphobia.  Once again it needs your account information to access it so there's no illegal streaming going on.

I've Been Around

There's a new kodi addon called NHL TV tm.

This one has the fix for the ssl certificate error.

Im watching the game using my rogers user name atm, works fine.