cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL Gamecenter desktop browser UI issues

Sharkbasket
I've been here awhile

Hi, I love the Gamecenter Live service, but ever since you revamped the UI, there have been a few issues that are driving me crazy...

First, and most importantly... On the Schedule page, the "Scores On/Off" toggle button always defaults to "On", even if I turned it off previously. Navigating away from the page after turning it off always results in the toggle being set to "On" when I return.

This is awful, because it means that the results of games I haven't watched yet will always be spoiled instantly upon opening the schedule page. Please fix this ASAP.

Second, when viewing a game, I often need to scroll my browser window down a little bit to reach the fullscreen button in the bottom right corner of the window. However, doing this invariably causes the whole media player window to be shrunk picture-in-picture style at the top of the screen, where the fullscreen button is not available. I then need to scroll up again to bring the media player back into the main window... but if I scroll up too much the fullscreen button is back off the bottom of the screen.

This is VERY ANNOYING. The media player should not be put picture-in-picture until the viewing window is completely off the screen. Seems like someone tried to do something fancy with the way the UI morphs when scrolling, but it seriously needs to be looked at again.

Last, why is there no option to submit feedback on the Contact Us page? The only thing there is a phone number. Not even an email address!

I much preferred the original Gamecentre UI.

macOS 10.12

Primarily viewing with Safari 10.0 and Chrome 53.0

*Edited Labels*

40 REPLIES 40

Re: NHL Gamecenter desktop browser UI issues

Sharkbasket
I've been here awhile

It still doesn't work.

Scores are turned On every time I load the page.

Screen still goes to PiP before Full Screen button is visible.

My laptop also defaults to "Scores On". It ruins my ability to watch a game that has started or to one I have missed but wanted to see. How can I fix it?

Hello,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @4Shirb!

@Sharkbasket I'm terribly sorry for the late response and to hear this is still a problem. To my knowledge, this issue was resolved a few months ago, but may have resurfaced? I was able to replicate the problem on my end as well and got in contact with the appropriate team to look into it. 

Once I receive and update, I'll be sure to share it here.

Regards,

RogersCilio

Scotty21
I've been here awhile
I'm having problems like the original poster says of having a hard time getting the full screen button to display. It doesn't seem like this has been fixed at all. And zooming out does show the button but that's no fix.
Original post was submitted over a year ago and only a partial fix!? For over $200 and from Rogers I'd expect better. Something much better

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@Scotty21 wrote:
I'm having problems like the original poster says of having a hard time getting the full screen button to display. It doesn't seem like this has been fixed at all. And zooming out does show the button but that's no fix.
Original post was submitted over a year ago and only a partial fix!? For over $200 and from Rogers I'd expect better. Something much better

To be honest, nothing has been solved. There are issues galore, including the full screen button as you mentioned, the Chromecast icon is often not there, but most important, the consistency of getting a decent picture or decent sound without the constant buffering that often takes place. I feel sorry for you or anyone else that is paying $200 for this lack of service. Were I not getting this as part of my package deal with rogers, there is not a chance in a million that I would be paying extra for it. 

micredable
I plan to stick around

It has been over a year since this thread was made, and the same issues still exist. 

Once in a while an admin pops in and assures everyone that they are looking into it.

I'm a web developer, I know exactly how simple these issues are to solve.

Rogers clearly doesn't care. I did not renew my subscription for this reason, and I tell anyone who asks not to subscribe. 

Scotty21
I've been here awhile

I completely agree this is an easy solution. The original poster stated three problems they were having and one has been partially fixed. The other two have not been touched.

Scorpio2017
I've been here awhile

Game Center on my laptop is terrible. The lag is continuous and the game is very hard to watch when lag is up to 30 seconds at a time. I cannot go full screen on the laptop either, even when I zoom back to 75% because I lose the full screen controls when I scroll down. These are issues which have been ongoing that hopefully will be corrected this century. Oh, and those commercials that repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat...

Hey @Scorpio2017,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can definitely understand how that can be frustrating when you are not able to fully enjoy the service.

Are you experiencing this issue on any other platform? Tablets or phone?

If you can kindly PM us @CommunityHelps so we can take a look into this further.

You can find instructions on how PM works, here.

RogersRoland

Hi
I don’t use a tablet. The issue is occurring on my laptop and desktop. Constant lagging and freezing. However I forgot to mention that audio is fine. I can hear when my team scores but never actually see it. The video goes sporadically but never for more than about ten seconds at a stretch. I know you can’t control the commercials but they stream just fine. I just wish the game would stream like the commercials.

micredable
I plan to stick around
Has anything been done to address the issues mentioned earlier?

I would love to subscribe again, but I refuse to when such glaring issues go unfixed.

Hey @Scorpio2017!

Streaming issues such as that would be a real bummer... please accept my apologies for the experience.

We'd love to troubleshoot this with you so please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps! You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Fury
I've been here awhile

I have the same video buffering (every 8 to 10 seconds consistently) issue described in this thread, going back to last season.  The variations I have tested are Edge on Windows 10 and Chrome on Windows 10, both updated to most recent, Flash updated to most recent.  I have not tried IE again recently, but the consistency over two browsers is enough to tell me it's likely an issue on the Rogers side.  As stated by another post going back to last season, the audio continues fine, even when the video pauses, skips or buffers.

I have fiber at home and have clocked the speed at over 178MBPS during games, so it is unlikely lack of bandwidth.  It is also not the high level of movement on the ice because the interviews buffer just the same. 

YouTube, Netflix and other streaming work perfectly on my setup, so it is not likely my hardware.   Even so, I have swapped out different graphics cards on my rig, and the same issue shows up, and only on NHL Gamecenter.  The other services work fine.  I'm a hockey fan of the whole league and subscribed specifically to watch it on my desktop while working.  The buffering really ruins this.  

Also, to head off the idea that it might be RAM or CPU, my CPU maxes at about 55% load and my 32G of RAM on this machine doesn't go above 40% with my normal working applications AND a game running at the same time.  When I close all apps except the one tab running Gamecenter, the buffering continues.  

As others have cited, this only seems to happen on Windows PCs.  The stream works fine to my iPad, Samsung phone, and PS4.  

Is this identified as an issue to be fixed on the Rogers side?  I basically stopped watching on my PC and have not tried again until today.   I was hoping Rogers would have fixed it by now as I am not the only one with the issue. The issue is still here.  Anyone else?

Fury
I've been here awhile

I feel foolish replying to myself, but since there is no answer from Rogers...

The jitter seems less now, but the problem still exists.  Anything please, #Rogers?  

It's only been 46 days.  

Hello @Fury,

Thank you very much for your posts and very sorry about the delayed response. Smiley Embarassed

I can definitely imagine how frustrating it must be, to experience streaming issues on your Windows PC, especially when they're causing you to be unable to consistently enjoy the service on your preferred platform.

We really appreciate your detailed account of events.

While we'd love to provide you with an instant fix, we might have to look into this matter further. 

Could you please send a Private Message @CommunityHelps when you're back online and available ?

We might have to escalate this to the appropriate department.

You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

Thanks!

RogersMaude 

Scorpio2017
I've been here awhile
I’m in Ottawa area and watch NHL Game Center on my laptop usually. I’ve noticed in the last month or so that the lag has improved and the buffering is gone. Also the resolution is constant, no dropping from hi def to low res. It’s a much better experience now watching a game. Not perfect yet but much less lag so good job here anyway.

fullscreenpleas
I've been around

I cannot believe this is still an issue in May 2018 when I am reading that people were having trouble with it in 2016. This goes to show you how responsive Rogers is to it's paying customers. Give me a break, do your job. Fix the full screen issue for NHL Gamecenter. Will not recommend Rogers to anyone until this is fixed, which seems to be never. Unbelievable. 

Hello, @fullscreenpleas

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I tried replicating the issue on my end, however, I'm able to watch both the live games and replays in full-screen mode. I have tried the full-screen on two browsers, Chrome and Firefox without any issues. 

Would you please elaborate the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

jl14
I've been around
Still having problems viewing full screen. Has this be resolved?

Hello, @jl14.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate your participation in this thread. The issue was not affecting multiple users as you can see in the post above.  We can certainly help troubleshoot the issue. Is it happening on more than one browser? Please provide more details so that we can find a solution for you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats