cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL App casting issues

Poke89
I've been here awhile

This is something that just started happening to me about a week ago. I can view games on both my iPhone and iPad using the NHL app with no issues. But when I try to cast it to my TV (Vizio P55-C1) it will frequently cast from the very start of stream and there's no way for me to skip to the point where it is live.

Again, this happens when I'm using either my iPhone or my iPad. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app on both devices but it still frequently happens and I can't find any way to fix the issue.

Any ideas?

***Edited Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: NHL App casting issues

RogersTony

Hello @Poke89,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 😃

I use casting features often, it's so much better to watch the game on a big screen rather than the smaller iPhone or iPad screens. It is very strange that this has stopped working for you, all of a sudden. Do you recall if this started happening when the NHL Playoffs started on April 10th or have you been able to watch Playoff games without this issue?

This is the first time I am hearing of this specific issue. Is there anyone else in the Community noticing the same type of issue while casting using the Rogers NHL Live App?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Poke89
I've been here awhile
It happened roughly around when playoffs started, yes.

Good morning @Poke89!

Have you checked to see if there are any software updates available for your TV? I don't have a Vizio, but I recently had a feature (ARC) break on my TV that started working again after an update.

If there are no updates available, you could try factory resetting the TV. Alternatively, try casting the stream to a different display to see if you can reproduce the behaviour for us. Should you be able to reproduce the behaviour, factory resetting is not necessary as that would indicate the issue is unrelated to your hardware.

Either way, please PM us @CommunityHelps. I suspect an escalation will be necessary here and I'll have to gather your account info before I can move forward. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Poke89
I've been here awhile
Ok I tried a few things and I think now it's an iOS issue. I've tried casting on an android device and so far no problems (*fingers crossed*). I also do remember there being an update for the iOS app right before playoffs. I'll try getting support from them.

At least you've narrowed the issue down now and have a workaround handy, @Poke89!

Please keep us updated on the dev response and kindly share the solution if you find it. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

I paid for the $200/year subscription to catch all the NHL games. I found the NHL app to be very buggy and unstable. Everytime I cast to my smart tv and switch between games, it tells me my account is being used at another location and suggest I reset my password. It is getting very frustrating! I would have to unplug my chromecast and reset my nhl app to make the message go away or sometimes I have to wait a good 30mins for the message to clear up.

Please fix your app or I would be cancelling my subscription asap!

Hey @vincecoder34!

Being unable to use the app as intended has gotta be incredibly irritating! We'll definitely do what we can resolve this for you. I've come across this particular issue recently and it's likely we'll need to escalate a ticket for you however there's a few things we can confirm first prior. 

• Are you able to log into and use the NHL Live site without issue?
  • Are you experiencing this same issue on more than one device? 
  • Can you tell us what model of device you're using to case?
  • Is the Account In Use In Another Location error occurring only when you cast?
  • Does resetting your password alleviate the issue for any period of time?
  • Are there any issues signing back in after resetting your password?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

TylerWright
I've been here awhile
I am also having this exact same problem and am getting the run around. Would be nice to be able to watch something I paid 200 dollars for

TylerWright
I've been here awhile
I can log in fine and changing my password does nothing. I have this problem casting from my samsung phone as well as my ps4.

Hey @TylerWright!

Welcome to the Community!

Being able to utilize a feature of the service (casting) as intended is super important! Are you able to utilize the service though if you don't use the cast feature? If the issue is specifically with casting a ticket can be escalated for you via technical support. 

If this has not yet been done though you can definitely reach out to support or us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our private messaging system you can check our our Blog!

@RogersHelps

TylerWright
I've been here awhile

It is fine if I use my phone, but casting and my PS4 bother give me the "account in use in another location" error

Jlbird420
I'm here a lot

casting will not work till rogers get their dev unit and change it but till then we are out of luck

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation