MyRogers: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

MyRogers: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account"

Hi everyone!

I'm travelling to Canada soon and so activated a Rogers PAYG SIM.

I have finally found the right plans for me as well as the most convenient rates for calling home with the help of a very kind user of this comunity. But... bad news now..

Now that I wanted to activate a plan, when I log into MyRogers I get this error back: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later".

Not to mention I've contacted E-Care several times via Live Chat, just one guy was kind, the others immediately attacked me saying that I must had a problem with my internet connection etc. But then with a little bit of patience (...a LOT), I managed to make them look into my account and they all got the same error even from their "perfect" PCs...

I've been told by the guy that he had "escalated the issue for you, should be resolved in 48-72 Business hours, I tried removing and re adding the account, but that made no difference.". Unfortunately is still not working... 

Now my issue is that I can't manage any of my SIMs (change plan, top up, etc.), and doing that via the call centre would take ages and cost a lot of money being out of Canada. Plus I've seen many other posts about this same problem and users were complaining that their account was unavailable for months...

I ask you guys now, has anyone ever had this problem? How long did it take to have it solved? 

I've now made them open for me another ticket but I'm not 100% confident it will solve the problem... how could it ever be different from the previous one? If there's anyone around from Rogers or not that has any suggestion please write me.

I have to tell you guys I'm pretty frustrated, I've been a costumer for a little more than a week, MyRogers works for 1/2 days and then... stops working.. ..for more than a week now ..whaat?! Seeing other complaints as well as my personal experience it seems to me that MyRogers is totally unreliable.. I was recently dealing with Central Africa and got a local SIM card: less than a fraction of the price and everything worked fine.. just saying.

I hope that everything will work properly when I'll be in Canada... I'm interested to read your experience!

As always, thanks all, if you can help in any way I'd be very grateful,

Have a great day,

Matteo

PS: Yeah, I did changed browser, cleared cookies, tried another internet connection, etc.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: MyRogers: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account"

The myrogers site does go down for a number of hours overnight.. so may depend on when you were accessing it.

Only other thing i can think of.. is i think you can call 1800 numbers free from skype.. worth a try on that to call in?

I've Been Here Awhile

Didn't know it was free with skype!! Thanks a lot! Youre the best Smiley Happy

Tho I do know the site is down for maintenance overnight until 6am but.. it's not that unfortunately Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know it works with people in Europe calling 1800 ones in the US
HOPEFULLY works with the Rogers 1888 number as well.

Never had a pay as you go, so not sure HOW things work for it on the site. May be best in all to talk to them if you can.

Good luck!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a customer of several years and I see this error message for my pay as you go phone. It's been there since June 30ish (potentially longer).  I have contacted online help (on facebook another person admitted the same problem on my thread), but they can't tell the difference between a browser error and a server error. So they'll waste your time getting you to try different browsers and computers and make you blast all your cookies and history away (when you don't have to). So why would I waste my time on the phone?

Online support will tell you to call a phone #, and based on some posts I've read, call support will tell you to contact online support.

I'm basically looking for another cell phone provider. I topped up my phone for a year in February before this happened.

I can say that the 1-888 number does not work on skype (last few times I tried) and I have a skype subscription.

I get this with Chrome Webmaster tools:

The JSON call: https://www.rogers.com/web/myrogers/data/prepaidwireless/account/(9 digits of something)?prepaidCtn=(your 10 digit phone #)

Returns:

{"isPrepaidAccount":true,

"isWirelessUsageLink":false,
"ctns":[],
"phoneServices":[],
"error":true,
"hidden":false,
"urls":{},
"formParameters":{},
"enFrTexts":{},
"errorMessage":"We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.",
"errorSeverity":"HIGH"
}

That is most likely returned by the server. I use calls like this at work. I'm just making notes.

I Plan to Stick Around

I finally got this fixed. A Rogers rep didn't set up my account right. It was found out when I asked about paperless billing.
I've Been Around

For the last couple weeks I have not been able to access my acount info online or on mobile, after i log in it just says, ``We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later." all while . me over because i cant pay for my text msg addon so im getting charged per text. 

Anybody else having problem acessing their accounts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is this for a pay as you go account? or for a regular cellphone?

While the app is not working for me at the moment, the website is fine.

You can always call in and have them add the feature as well (*611 is a free call too)

I'm a Senior Advisor

I often see that message because it's slow in accessing the information and loading. However, it then loads and all is normal.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I get that message or "Unable to Retrieve your Plans/Add Ons details" to the point that I really have to wonder about the reliability of any service they offer.

Of the numerous other sites I go to to access my account (banks, etc), all of which I rarely if ever have an issue with, Rogers wins the Academy Award for account accessability issues.

What is the problem?