MyRogers and Features

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

MyRogers and Features

May I suggest that all details of what is available to a customer, like marketing permissions, ability to change phone numbers, naming the phone numbers, since Rogers has made the decision to leave them off MYROGERS page, that it should be asked on every sale - it is a feature that is part of the contract, so until they put it back on the site.  It should not be the responsibility of the customer to "know" what they are supposed to, or can ask.

Just my opinion.  I ask every question possible, but my experience in the last couple of years is that about 80% of the time things have been done wrong or not as presented, or requested.

At least when it is on the online site, I know it exists and can make a decision.

Bruce

*** Edited Labels ***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: MyRogers and Features

@BS wrote:

May I suggest that all details of what is available to a customer, like marketing permissions, ability to change phone numbers, naming the phone numbers, since Rogers has made the decision to leave them off MYROGERS page, that it should be asked on every sale - it is a feature that is part of the contract, so until they put it back on the site.  It should not be the responsibility of the customer to "know" what they are supposed to, or can ask.

The disappearance of Marketing Permissions (and a whole lot of other stuff) from our  MyRogers Profile page has been a sore point for a long time now. But those options are still there, just hidden by Rogers on the new website. Just the other day I discovered Update Marketing Permissions on an old Bills & Payments page I have bookmarked to access my PayGo calls  history.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Ahh, the joy of all the workarounds that we have to find to fully use our services.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's true, with sales associates they kind of skip through and want to finish the activation as quick as possible. I remember when I was about to open a line, I went to the store, I sat down and calculated things and constantly asked him about the different options for my account.

I specifically asked them because I know every agent is different regardless of how they are trained and this is my line and I want to ensure the plan I am paying for is exactly as they tell me.

Sometimes they tell you its 40 bucks a month, when it really is 50 bucks a month with a credit of 10 dollars. People like me will ASK how long is the credit? is it for the duration of my term? if i am month to month (no term) will I still receive the credit? will I receive the credit if I change price plans, etc? these are things we all THINK ABOUT but usually dont speak.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly  Sounds like my interactions with things related to my plan, and the amazing thing is that even when I ask these questions, and I believe I understand it, in the last year, I find something different once the bill comes through.

I still remember when I had a clearly described quotation of answers to all my questions and when I got the changes, what was to be a savings of 10.00 because I decreased my Internet since I never used the allocated amount, we went over the information on terms (no changes), discounts (no changes), etc.

Low and behold when it came, price was greater, terms went from no ECF to a new 2 year plan, I was on a rent to own cable box - now gone - Oh I did get some new value added stuff like NHL (have no interest and have never watched) and Shomi - again, I don't use it, (wonder if I  have to call in to cancel these or do they just drop off - had a locked in price, with 20% discount, went to 12% with my previous better choice bundles that has remained in place.  They suggested on enquiry that the first rep (although all documented in a chat record) had compared my price plan as tax in on the old one and tax out on the new one - they suggested that I need to clarify whether it is tax in or tax out - reminded them that CRTC requires them to also make that clear to the customer up front - not my responsibility to ask - do the reps fully understand CRTC requirements - I am sure they are trained well, but do they realize that some actions can be in contradiction to regulations and or law? And finishing a transaction quickly is not a valid explanation for making errors, then others refuse to fix them because "they can't put it back".  The actual difference in price was due to change in plans, not just a different layer on Internet from 320 to 200, 10.00 savings, it resulted in the drop of the 20% discount changed to 8%, and removal of discounted price on box and modem, while new discounts didn't compensate either the loss of the discounts on equipment, or the increase in price by 8% due to change in discount percentage.

After many calls, and escalating, the best I could get was a one time credit to cover the price differences from the old plan, plus the $10.00 promised in the original negotiations.

Errors occurred not because of the first person, but I put it on a quote because I wanted to discuss with my wife, when I called in to implement it, they did the changes wrong, then when someone tried to fix that error, they made it even worse.

So I bend over backwards to be sure of exactly what the changes will be, in full detail, where since the changes they make will make changes to term, pricing, etc, it is their responsibility under CRTC rules to advise us of these.

Oh well, life goes on.  Probably considered off topic, but I responded to Pauly, where he is somewhat off topic on this thread too.  If you decide to move it, that is ok, I understand, just trying as best to keep the flow of this discussion going.

Bruce

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey Guys,

A place to provide such great feedback can be found on our Contact Us page. Here you have the choice of either Sharing a Concern or providing Feedback which can be found on the bottom right of the page.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I'm a Senior Advisor

Another request.

I would like the MyRogers page to give me a listing of channel NUMBERS I'm subscribed to. This is something Rogers used to provide, but doesn't anymore. To get this list from the website is a long, laborious process using channel names per package and all channel numbers available.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

And the marketing preferences are still not there on MyRogers, but they have cleaned up many of the other missing details.

We seem to have ended up bringing this issue often, as was stated earlier in the thread by OldYellr.  Am beginning to think that it will never be done.

And reading earlier, to @RogersShakir I did take it to concerns and worked with the Office of the President.  We settled out the financial issues, but I was still left with the change in the plan details and a bit of compensation for the clear miscommunication and errors in implementing the changes.

But it ended up being one of those - sorry we can't change it back, but we can at least give you the financial discounts you were promised and take it out to the end of the new term.

Bruce