cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers Internet Usage Missing Data

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I login to MyRogers I can see everything I need to, however, when I click on Internet, my usage stopped showing details on March 12. There's nothing wrong with the links, it just doesn't show anything after March 12.  I can see previous data, etc.  This is not terribly worrying since I'm on an unlimited plan, but I like to see how much I've used on certain days and haven't been able to see anything after March 12...

Anyone else?  @CommunityHelps ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MyRogers Internet Usage Missing Data

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usage is now showing again on my account. Thanks to whomever fixed this.

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  I have seen this happen following a modem change.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  It's not just you.  I checked and saw that my Internet usage stats had been updating up until March 12 and then stopped.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Haven't seen usage on my internet in over a year. They just aren't tracking it like they used to. Always like to see it just to track how I have been doing.

I know my plan is unlimited but still like to see it.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Isn't that when Rogers dropped caps for the Internet for Covid-19? I see the same.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Haven't seen it way before covid-19

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca 's comment makes sense - thank you.  @Biollw : Your issue may be different since at least 3 of us see the same thing - proper data up to March 12.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It looks like post 5 may provide an explanation of why the data is missing.  However, I don't consider this to be a "solution", only an explanation. Does @CommunityHelps know if this data information will be returning once COVID-19 "Unlimited" is over?  I guess we'll find out when/if that happens...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have internet from an independent ISP, not Rogers. Even when I went to an unlimited plan, I could check my monthly, even daily, usage on line. Now when I look  I can still see it for February / March,  March / April. but nothing for April / May.  So it looks like it's not getting counted while the COVID-19 lockdown lasts and everyone has "unlimited" while people are working or schooling at home and need a lot more. I feel sorry for rural customers who can only get internet through a Rogers Rocket Hub at a high price and are not given the same break.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

mykingston
I've been around

Good morning,

I've been trying to track my Internet usage to ensure I don't use more than my monthly limit.

However, my efforts to track my usage have been blocked by the ongoing problem with the Internet Usage monitor, which has been reporting 'We are currently experiencing problems. Please try again later. If you have any questions please email us'.  The email us link brings me to a sales page, showing different options, without anywhere to actually email Rogers, or anyone.

I'm concerned as I'm seeing high Internet usage, on the summary page, that I can't research/verify due to the 'problems' with Rogers's Internet Usage monitoring pages.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and have a great day!

Ottawa User with a monthly cap.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It has been this way since March 12. See the following thread.  It was due to COVID-19 and the fact that everyone had unlimited access.  I believe that ended on June 30th.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/MyRogers-Internet-Usage-Missing-Data/m-p/...

I just logged in this morning and although I get the same message as you for the daily usage tab, on the Internet Summary Page that shows the graph, inside the green circle on the left it shows my total usage for the month.  If indeed you now have a cap, then it should show the cap size and your usage inside that circle.  Make sure you're seeing all the information using the tips in the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

If you wish, you may report this by PMing the mods on this forum. See the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Mine is still not there. We called into support, they could not get it either. It was assigned to engineering, they cannot get it.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I notice that no Roger's people have commented on this, even though they were tagged. Why is that @CommunityHelps ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although I cannot see the data in the "tabs", I can see the data summary for the month - downloads and uploads in the green circle, as well as the daily usage data graphed on the main internet page.  Are you saying you don't have that data either?  See my previous post? 

Data.png

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I do not even know where you get this. I go into MyRogers, Usage & Services to select internet, across the top. No green circle anywhere.  I tried to get a screenshot to upload, but that is broken too.  

screenshotscreenshot

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote: I do not even know where you get this. 

I'm using Chrome browser on my Mac Mini computer. When I login to MyRogers I'm taken to the "Overview" page where I can select TV, Internet or Home Phone. What you see in my previous post is part what I see when I click on "Internet".  I also see "tabs" on the right side of the screen for daily usage tables, etc.  Those are currently not working and I didn't include them in the screenshot.

Edit - This shouldn't be any different from the way you do it (using "Usage & Services").  As an FYI, when I tried to access the page just now I got the following error message, despite it working for the past couple of days.

We’re sorry, but we’re unable to retrieve your internet service details at the moment. Please try again later, and thanks for your patience as we work to fix the issue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here are additional screenshots taken this morning. My (monthly) data usage in the green circle is back up this morning.

Data2.png

Here's the error message once you click on the items on the right side of the page.  This is where there used to be tables showing daily usage, etc.

Data3.png

I see you're on Ignite. Perhaps that shows different information for Internet Usage than "legacy" Internet bundled with Digital Cable, which is what I have.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I think ignite might be why it is different. What you have is how I used to see my usage. Right now it is not even showing my plan details.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since Ignite is unlimited, there's really not much need for any Internet usage data, which may have TV usage included.  I'm not sure if it's possible to separate the two.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

It used to show it until March. Our specific problem with this is my wife wants to take the girls to her parents cottage for a few weeks and work from there, but she needs to now how much data she needs so we can get the correct service there (wireless solution is only option).  Right now Rogers support cannot get that data, neither can their engineering team.  None of them know why. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote:  ..wife wants to take the girls to her parents cottage for a few weeks and work from there, but she needs to now how much data she needs so we can get the correct service there (wireless solution is only option). 

There is no data from March 13-June 30 since everyone was unlimited.  I assume they simply stopped tracking everyone.  There is (some) data now available for Legacy Internet users as I indicated previously. There appears to be no data for IgniteTV (Internet portion) customers at this time and there may not be in the future because it's also unlimited.  Even if there were data for IgniteTV customers, the TV portion (streaming the programming requires lots of bandwidth) would be included and the data would be next to useless because of the TV usage.  

The only thing I can suggest for your wireless estimation is to look at what you used before March 13 (I realize she may not have been working from home at that time). I also assume that you would probably not continue to use internet in the same way on a wireless platform because it's very expensive.  Are "the girls" going to be streaming or using the Internet? That would be very expensive on a wireless plan.

Topic Stats