My Rogers App Crashing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: My Rogers App Crashing

I have attempted to login to myrogers on the android app through my S6 edge, as well as my wife S6. These applications cane as a basic install on both phones and cannot be deleted. I have removed to updates without success. I can access my Rogers through my desk top and with my tablet and phones if I don't use the app and go through Rogers.com and them log into myrogers. It is any attempt to use the android myrogers app that fails and freezes.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gbyceng1

Hmm on my S8+ it's not doing any of that. I wonder if it's the device causing this or the up that is updated doing this.

Message @CommunityHelps and see what they can do for u.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's been several months since I've been able to access my account t through the MyRogers app. I'm having the exact same problem your describing. I've uninstalled all the updates amd attempted access without success. I have not trouble accessing my account when I log in through my browser and going through browsers, my not access through my app. I've reported this several times and nothing has changed. I'm using a Samsung galaxy 6 edge locked to the Rogers network.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Gbyceng1

What OS version is your S6 Edge running?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm running android version 7.

Good morning @Gbyceng1!

If you're running the most up to date OS version and reinstalling doesn't help at all, we'll have to escalate a ticket to have the issue investigated further. Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will get the ball rolling for you.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

App crashes....won't open. Asks for sign in then freezes
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please provide us with additional information such as the OS and device.  Does the following thread apply?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers/MyRogers-Not-Working-on-Android-8-0/td-p/417018

I'm a Senior Advisor

The issue describe is the identical one to the one under the Oreo and MyRogers that you posted @57

I have a ticket in with no response at this point.  The only predictable way I have found to make it crash is to forget to log out and close the app via the x in the running app section of the OS home pages - OS 6 on LG4, last resease of MY Rogers March 21, 2018 version 3.9.8

If I forget to sign out, and just close the app - I don't have keep me logged in set on - it goes to the blank page and a sign look back to the same page.

I then have to uninstall it and reinstall it.

All individuals should have this escalated to second level support if it repeats after a reinstall - it is well reported on Google web page and hear now - it is time to get a white board notice out that the issue is known and we will open a ticket.

I have worked with various trouble shooting and through day,  and definitely, if I sign out, I am fine to reopen it - so for now, I try to remember to close from the app, not let it sit running in the running apps page and closing from there.  It always fails.

Hope my trouble shooting helps.

Bruce

Bruce

I've Been Around

I'm getting same, after reinstalling the APP several times... able to log in on my PC but not on my Galaxy S5