Marketing Permissions Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Marketing Permissions Issue

Yes, Rogers has removed Marketing Permissions from your Profile, as they have almost everything else. I have been able to find a Marketing Permissions link on my old Bills & Payments page, but when I try to submit a change, I get an error, so it doesn't work. I would suggest going to your Profile page and clicking the Feedback tab and telling Rogers what you think.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

This is infuriating, I've spoken directly to Rogers tech support at least twice previously to opt out form ads and promotional email from Rogers and just today I got another spam from Rogers, this time pushing the Rogers bank credit card.  This is infuriating!  The company is already getting my money, how many different ways do I have to tell Rogers to leave me alone and that I'm not interested before they'll stop polluting my inbox with spam?  It seems precisely as I predicted, Rogers allows subscribers to "opt out" because every time there's another product they want to flog they just call it a new category that they don't consider being covered by any previous request to opt out.  I can't think of another company I deal with regularly that I dislike more than Rogers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The marketing permissions has been broken for a long time. I too received the Rogers bank card spam.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know which of these categories bank card spam would come under,

Wireless
Cable TV
Internet
Home Phone

but when I make my selections and submit, I get this:

Update Marketing Permissions
We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

It's been like that for a long time.