Marketing Permissions Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

I have noticed that my marketing permissions get changed often without my permission.

I've noticed that this happens on either of these ocassions:

1. My account has a change applied to it by a Rogers rep (Like adding an american dataplan, changing add-ons etc.)

2. Rogers pushes out an update to the MyRogers portal.

Has anyone else noticed that their permissions get changed?

Also I will add that it's almost instant after the telemarketing permissions are changed that I get a telemarketing call. 

I would like to collect people together that also have this issue, I have noticed it with one of my friends as well so I know I am not the only one.

Thanks all!

J

***edited labels***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James W
@jerw
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Marketing Permissions Issue

I have noticed that my marketing permissions get changed often without my permission.

I've noticed that this happens on either of these ocassions:

1. My account has a change applied to it by a Rogers rep (Like adding an american dataplan, changing add-ons etc.)

2. Rogers pushes out an update to the MyRogers portal.

Has anyone else noticed that their permissions get changed?

Also I will add that it's almost instant after the telemarketing permissions are changed that I get a telemarketing call. 

I would like to collect people together that also have this issue, I have noticed it with one of my friends as well so I know I am not the only one.

Thanks all!

I'm a Senior Advisor

I generally find the marketing permissions are pretty much useless. I have both telemarketing and direct mail turned off (the boxes are all checked) but continue to be contacted by Rogers through these methods. The one method of contact I have opted in to receive is email (boxes are all unchecked) but I never receive a thing! Perhaps Rogers instructions are reversed. Smiley Frustrated

I'm an Advisor

I commented briefly on this in another thread after Rogers revamped its web site some weeks ago. All of my marketing permission boxes attached to my account are blank, which means they are authorized. i have changed them several times over the weeks and checked off everything except email. Not once has any of the permissions updated. All 4 of them still have blank boxes. Beware of this glitch, as it may cause you to start being contacted by telemarketers, etc. even if you haven't authorized them to do so.

Guess I'll have to call Rogers to let them know about this.

I'm an Advisor

This is just an FYI for anyone else who may be experiencing this problem. I've recently started getting a lot of telemarketing calls from a 1-855 number which identifies itself as Rogers Wireless in the caller ID. As far as I can tell from searching on the number, it is a legitimate Rogers number and may be a third party telemarketer. I think I'm getting calls because I have a 3 year cell phone contract which is expiring at the end of next month. I've also been getting emails from Rogers pushing upgrades to the new shared phone plan or whatever it's called for a mere $80 a month.

The point of my post is that my marketing permissions on my account do not allow Rogers to contact me other than by email. I even started getting text messages a while ago and at least could reply STOP which worked for me. Not sure what's going on, but wanted to let others know about it just in case.

I've Been Around

I'm with you.

No matter what I try I get calls from all kinds of people claiming that I have been "pre approved from rogers" for vacation packages and all kinds of nonesense.

I don't know why we have the ability to update our marketing permissions if it's not followed.

I'm an Advisor

richarddec:

A while back there was a time when changing marketing permissions on My Rogers didn't even work. One day I just happened to notice that all my permissions were unchecked, which means they were all allowed. I changed them back but, when I checked them again, the boxes were all blank. That went on for a long time until it got fixed. Back at the time, I also posted about it in this forum.

I've Been Here Awhile

how to update marketing permissions?

I'm a Senior Advisor

There was a link when you went to MyRogers > Profile, but since Rogers revamped the website, it's gone. I can still find it on a couple of old pages I've saved to access my PayGo history, but I get an error when I try to save my preferences. Looks like Rogers won't allow you to manage marketing permissions anymore. Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

marketing permissions are not there any more on your profile. they've been removed?