Issue with signin to Ignite WiFi Hub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brunnno
I've Been Here Awhile

Issue with signin to Ignite WiFi Hub

Hello
Have changed my current internet from wired to fibre optic and will be receiving new Ignite Gateway modem in April 3.
In meantime Iam trying to sign to my Ignite WiFi hub vi phone, But having error of “Sorry some error, Pls call Technical Team”

1. Do I need to get my Ignite Gateway modem to login to ignite WiFi hub
2. How do I check if my Rogers is linked with Ignite

Note: I can login to MyRogers with same credentials

Thanks

*Added Labels*

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Issue with signin to Ignite WiFi Hub

@Brunnno wrote:
Hello
Have changed my current internet from wired to fibre optic and will be receiving new Ignite Gateway modem in April 3.
In meantime Iam trying to sign to my Ignite WiFi hub vi phone, But having error of “Sorry some error, Pls call Technical Team”

1. Do I need to get my Ignite Gateway modem to login to ignite WiFi hub
2. How do I check if my Rogers is linked with Ignite

Note: I can login to MyRogers with same credentials

Thanks

Hi.  I don't think that you will be able to sign into the Ignite WiFi Hub until your Ignite Internet service becomes active on your account and you have a compatible gateway registered on that service.

You also mentioned that your service is being changed from "wired" to "fibre optic".  Could you elaborate please?  What specific Internet plan will you be getting and did Rogers specifically say which modem and what other hardware you will be receiving when your new service gets activated?

Ignite Internet customers currently get either an XB6 or XB7 gateway: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/learn-more-about-the-rogers-ignite-modem

Some Rogers customers, that currently have a fibre connection in their home, have a converter (an RFoG ONU, something like this) that converts the optical signals to RF/coax, which then connects to a conventional cable modem.

Rumour has it that Rogers may be installing a new PON-based Fibre-to-the-Home solution but there is no technical information on https://www.rogers.com/support as to what equipment will be installed as part of this next-generation service.  So far, they have only posted a very general notification of Upcoming Network Enhancements for some customers, which applies to both Fibre-to-the-Curb and Fibre-to-the-Home neighbourhood upgrades.

Thanks for any information that you can share with us!

Brunnno
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for response
Iam currently in Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited wired and this plan is expiring sooner hence have migrating to same plan but they are sending Ignite WiFi gateway Modem which they say is upgraded
Was looking online process to install modem as part of it asks to signify to Ignite WiFi hub ans follow steps
So proactively thought of signing to ignite hub, But can’t able to

Thanks
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Brunnno  No problem.  Thanks for the info, and welcome to the Community!

When the modem arrives, you can set it up as per the instructions that Rogers provides.  However, if you are still having problems logging into the Ignite WiFi Hub app, it is also possible get the new Ignite modem/gateway up using a computer and web browser:

When the new modem arrives, notify Rogers that you are ready to install it, and they will then switch your account over and activate your new modem.

To activate, unpack the modem, connect the coax cable and power it up.  The status LED should show the modem booting up and registering with the Rogers network, and the LED should then show the modem active and will probably start flashing to indicate that it's waiting for the initial configuration to complete.  You can complete the configuration using a computer and web browser.  Connect the computer either with an Ethernet cable or using the default Wi-Fi credentials printed on the modem's label, then open your web browser and go to http://10.0.0.1 and a setup wizard will guide you through the process of setting up Wi-Fi and changing the "admin" password from "password" to one of your own choosing.

You can still use the Ignite WiFi Hub afterwards, and you will need to use it if you ever plan to install Ignite WiFi Pods to expand your WiFi coverage.

guest14
I've Been Here Awhile

"Upgrade for This Experience":

I can no longer log into the Rogers Ignite Wi-Fi Hub app or on the web via ignitewifi.rogers.com. When I log in using my credentials, it gives me this message:

"Upgrade for this Experience - to access Ignite WiFi, you'll need to upgrade your service / equipment."

To me, this seems to be suggesting that I am not a Rogers Ignite costumer and thus cannot use the app. This is obviously nonsense, as I am an Ignite customer. First, a little backstory.

On Thursday, there was apparently a local outage in my area @ 2 am. It was resolved by 7 am. I didn't notice as I was asleep at the time. When I went to use my home phone in the morning, it was dead (no dial tone). I contacted Rogers about this (like a fool) and they tried to do a remote reset on my router. It didn't work. So then they got me to do a manual reset myself (by unplugging the power cable). After a minute or so, our phone seemed to be working again and everything was fine.

About 30 minutes later, I tried to access my Ignite Hub app and was greeted with the lovely "error" message above. Ever since, I have not been able to access it. I contacted Rogers again and they had me unlink my account from MyRogers and then re-link it, which accomplished nothing. Then they said they would have to submit a ticket to some "higher technical team" and my issue should be resolved within 48 hours. 48 hours later, nothing. No update. No response. App still not functioning. So after spending an hour on the phone with them again today, they said they'd send out a technician on Monday.

I have my doubts that the technician will be able to resolve anything, because NOTHING changed on my end. This is a screw up on their end and I have no faith that they'll be able to resolve it by coming here. On top of this, 3 months ago, I called them to upgrade from 150 internet to 500 and they never actually changed it. It still shows up as 150 on MyRogers and when I try to change my package myself, it says I'm unable to. I'm beyond frustrated with this. Any advice would be appreciated.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@guest14  Which Rogers modem/gateway do you have and does this match the one that is listed under your Internet account in MyRogers?

guest14
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes it does. Ignite WiFi gateway. The listed serial number on the MyRogers page matches the one on the modem.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@guest14 wrote:
Yes it does. Ignite WiFi gateway. The listed serial number on the MyRogers page matches the one on the modem.

I don't know what the problem could be.  I'm also not sure why they would need to send a tech unless something got messed up that requires a modem swap to fix, and dispatching a tech would be the fastest way to get this done.  You can also try sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them to review your ticket and investigate further.  At the very least, they should be able to confirm whether or not a tech really needs to be dispatched.