International Viewing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

International Viewing

I live in New Zealand and have purchased GCL. The last house I lived at had GCL running no problem all last season, however I'm now having issues.

This morning a couple of hours after the WCOH Sweden game finished I was able to login on my android phone and play the game on demand, I watched about 10 minutes of it. Then the NA game started a few hours ago and when I tried to view it I got a blackout screen. Before I purcahsed the subscription I spoke to the call centre and was ensured that I was out of market and could watch every game. However that is not the case.

I specifically bought the subscription early bird to watch the World Cup of Hockey, please advise.

Thanks,

Tom

***Edited Labels***

Re: International Viewing

Hello Tom @NZnuck!

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

I hope you were able to get your issue sorted since you originally posted.

Customers who purchased an Early Bird Pass, like you, should get the World Cup of Hockey tournament included in their subscription.

However, please note that the World Cup of Hockey games are only available for streaming on desktop, Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones and iPads.

Games are not available on any connected devices (Apple TV, gaming consoles, Roku, Chromecast, etc.)

What platform did you try to watch the NA game on?

If possible, could you try from a different one to see if you can access it?

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Rogersmaude,

I tried on x2 android mobile phones and PC. I understand the xboxone app is not showing it and its not coming up there. However even now after the game I'm still getting a black out screen.

I've tried a few times with the chat support, but the first guy claimed I can't get the subscription outside of canada before backing up on that and saying the WCOH starts on the 18th, no help at all.

I've had gamecentre live previous seasons but that has switched to NHL.tv which rogers claims is only for TV subscriptions??

I've Been Here Awhile

I have just run up an expensive phone bill calling Canada to sort this out.

Apparently this service is not available to people outisde of Canada (however the other person I spoke to seemed to think it was), even thought that isn't mentioned anywhere on the site (Even the FAQs section says it should be fine overseas). I have no idea why it worked this morning as I watched about 10 mins of the sweden game.

Can you please answer these easy questions:

1) Is Gamecentre live avaiable to international customers?

2) If it worked this morning why am I suddenly experiencing balckouts?

3) if it was blacked out because the game showed on sky sports here locally, when will the black out finish and why are the games that were avaiable this morning now not available?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Canadian itunes account, so the only NHL app that can be downloaded in Rogers NHL Game Centre Live.  I live in the Caribbean, and signed up for NHL game centre down here.  When I try to log in to the NHL app I can't because it only allows you to purchase from Rogers, or through itunes.  For the last few years I've had no trouble, but with the updated NHL app, I can't sign in anymore.

The NHL told me to contact rogers. Rogers told me to contact the NHL. 

I don't know if rogers is even aware that they are blocking access to Candians with canadian itunes accounts, but who live abroad.  I hope this is just a bug in the software, and not an intentional attempt to block Canadians who live abroad.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@NZnuck  @tm27

Gamecentre Live is indeed available for international customers. Blackouts depend on the country where you are viewing the game. Is the problem still persisting? Have you tried clearing your history/cache and attempting again?

If issue still persists, please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps and we can look into it further.

RogersRoland

I've Been Here Awhile

I purchased my subscription in the bahamas.  It auto renewed.  I didn't need to do anything.  Now there's no way to sign into the app from Canada.

I live in the bahamas but have canadian itunes as I just moved here 2 years ago

@RogersRoland wrote:

@NZnuck  @tm27

Gamecentre Live is indeed available for international customers. Blackouts depend on the country where you are viewing the game. Is the problem still persisting? Have you tried clearing your history/cache and attempting again?

If issue still persists, please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps and we can look into it further.

RogersRoland

I've Been Here Awhile

I purchased my subscription in the bahamas.  It auto renewed.  I didn't need to do anything.  Now there's no way to sign into the app from Canada.

I live in the bahamas but have canadian itunes as I just moved here 2 years ago

Hello again @tm27,

Thank you for your reply!

What game were you trying to watch?

Please note that there was no World Cup of Hockey game today but there will be one tomorrow.

You can watch previous games by selecting the date in question on the schedule.

If you were trying to watch a pre-season game, I am sorry, however you do not have access.

Your subscription gives you access to over 1,000 NHL games during the regular season – pre-season games are not included.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude