Ignite Wifi Hub - Paused Device but Internet Still Accessible!?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jpestell
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite Wifi Hub - Paused Device but Internet Still Accessible!?

I’m in the same boat, pause doesn’t work. No her iPad doesn’t have data, yes I’ve tried rebooting, making a new profile ect ect. It used to work last week, now it doesn’t. Still works for all the other kids in the house
shelbie
I've Been Here Awhile

I got my sons to work
I had to go into his device settings and go to the wifi network and click forget network then I shut the phone off
Then when he re entered the wifi password I got a notification he was joining the network on the hub and now for some reason it’s working
Jpestell
I've Been Here Awhile

Tried this too, nothing works 😞
Adanac19
I've Been Around

I have tried setting up time limits for my son. I get a notification when the time limit is approaching and the devices are paused when the limit is reached. But sometime later I see him back online, manually pausing also has limited functionality. Sometimes the limit is past and he is still able to carry on. So this is really not working for me. I have posted a review on Play store and was suggested to post this on the forum. Here is a screenshot of him blast past it

Ignite.jpeg

RogersMoin

Hello, @Adanac19.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for your post and for sharing the screenshot. Besides those two devices, is Pause failing on any other devices? 

As to why Pause can fail on certain devices, please read the explanation provided by @-G-  in post 10 of this thread:

That's exactly what the Pause Devices’ WiFi Access with Ignite WiFi Hub support article says.  To expand on this, the parental controls work by the Ignite Gateway blocking DNS lookups from that device.  Pausing inhibits a device from accessing new sites and Parental Controls (in general) use this technique as a means of inhibiting attempts to access a forbidden site; it doesn't completely block access to WiFi or to the network.  That's why Parental Controls cannot disrupt activity that is currently in progress.  You can also get around parental controls by installing a VPN app, or by changing a device's MAC address thus making it look like a new device on the network that is not locked down.  In order for the Ignite Parental Controls to be effective, you also need to maintain administrative control of the devices that are connecting to the network.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin