cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi Hub App Feedback

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

Very good app, keep up the great work! Here are some features that I'd love to see in future updates:

1) More accuracy for time limits. Time limits are often exceeded by 15-20 minutes.

2) Being able to "unpause" device(s) for a specific duration of time. Similar to the "pause" functionality.

3) Unpausing all devices for a profile doesn't seem to work well in the app, nor on desktop. I need to individually unpause each device in a profile.

4) More filter customization for Internet access per profile - i.e. the ability to add specific websites, so that they are not completely blocked.

Thanks!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Wifi Hub App Feedback

RogersYasmine

Greetings @byrongaum,

Thanks for being a presence in our Rogers Community Forums and great first post!! 👍

We love positive comments and appreciate any honest feedback we can get! I use the app quite a bit myself, to help keep a good handle on my kids' internet usage and I agree that the improvements you've noted would be extremely useful! 

Thanks for the input and we hope to see you around here more often! 😀

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

RogersYasmine

Greetings @byrongaum,

Thanks for being a presence in our Rogers Community Forums and great first post!! 👍

We love positive comments and appreciate any honest feedback we can get! I use the app quite a bit myself, to help keep a good handle on my kids' internet usage and I agree that the improvements you've noted would be extremely useful! 

Thanks for the input and we hope to see you around here more often! 😀

RogersLaura

byrongaum
I plan to stick around
Thanks, Laura!

rayray519
I plan to stick around

Good app, looks nice and responds well. Here are some features that should be considered which would be much more attractive to users:

1. Ability to control DHCP on/off
2. Add the ability to filter domains, or applications in the parental controls
3. Add ability to disable IPv6
4. Ability to view web traffic data and statistics for each device.
5. Ability to view how much time each device spent online each time device connects/disconnects to modem

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback @rayray519. You've made some good suggestions, we'll be happy to forward it to the team in charge!

RogersZia

stretch4855
I've been here awhile

We switched from an older Rogers bundle to a Rogers Ignite bundle a few days ago, including the Ignite Wifi Hub app.  The setup was pretty straightforward, and it's been working pretty reliably.  Just a couple of small things I noticed in the app:

• When you're adding a second Pod, the app says something like "Configuring your first Pod", which makes you think the app is confused and something's wrong.  It all worked in the end, but a more accurate message would improve the experience (and user confidence in the app).
  • When you click on Get More Pods, it kicks you over to https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-wifi-hub#reliable-wifi, which has a great deal of information, none of which is related to "getting more Pods", as far as I could tell.

I got iPhone 11 max and when I try to login, all I get is to update equipment. I got the most update iso 14. What’s the problem

Hi @Biff3,

Welcome to the Community!

This is definitely odd, are you using the most updated version of the app? Is there another device you can use to see if you're able to log into the app?

I would recommend you to clear the app cache (Settings > Select app > Reset cache on next launch) and uninstall/reinstall the app to see if it resolves the issue. 

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

The Ignite WiFi app is, in my opinion lacking in many ways. 

Right off the top, the app is crippled. It is intended only for use on phones with no recognition that many iOS (and probably Android) users of iPad (and other tablets) are stuck with viewing a magnified view in portrait mode only.

This limits the view of devices to a single unit at a time.  There are many people who manage household networks with potentially dozens of devices.  

The interface is far too cutesy with little thought to advanced users who actually understand how networks function. Many of the "management" functions are so severely dumbed down that it is impossible to view critical data such as IP4 and IP6 addresses, MAC on a single screen for multiple devices.

There are no sort functions. No table views. No printable or exportable formats for device inventories.

The web interface has similar and more disturbingly useless limitations.

Overall, I think Rogers should go back to the design table and think carefully how a professional network manager might want to use the management tools. 

bubbbab
I plan to stick around

Is there any way to revert back to the old version of this app? This new one's a horrible experience. They've taken out previously connected devices, view all connected devices doesn't work, you have to select a specific access point to view any connected devices. The list is endless. The app previously would allow us to see, for example when the last time a specific device was connected. That's gone. I don't know you would apply changes based solely upon what you think users should want. Please just give me the old app. SORRY THAT I EVER CLICKED THAT UPDATE BUTTON!

Hello @bubbbab ,

Thank you for your post! Although we can understand that you are disappointed in the recent changes to the app, I'm afraid there isn't a way to revert back to the old version once you've completed the update. We are happy to forward your feedback to the appropriate team for review. Thanks so much for voicing your input on this matter.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

bubbbab
I plan to stick around
I won't hold my breath for developers to listen to users😉 but I appreciate your time to reply, Yasmin.

Best wishes for the weekend!
Steve...

bubbbab
I plan to stick around
Actually, I was able to get the old version showing Unconnected devices, so problem solved! Cheers. Steve...

dnsvideo
I plan to stick around

Why did Rogers Change to having an app on a cell Phone to change router settings.  I can no longer go to my Computer and  go to 10.0.0.01 and sign in change anything. If that Phone does any tracking, come get the router and TV boxes and  get to deleting my account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dnsvideo : That changed in July. See my post on the topic in the link below:  Notice was given several months beforehand.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/How-to-Set-up-Ignite-Internet-Without-Smartphone/m-p/...

You should still be able to do some things using 10.0.0.1 (not what you typed,  there is no fourth zero), per the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/How-to-Set-up-Ignite-Internet-Without-Smartphone/m-p/...

uuupit
I've been around

I am running version Rogers Ignite App version 4.33.0 on iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16.5.1 (c). I have a Rogers Ignite modem and a POD. I connect a home wireless router to the POD Ethernet port which provides WiFi to my home network. I don't use the Ignite modem Wireless and only my TV set top box is connected to one of the Ethernet Ports on the Ignite modem.

I have Advanced Security enabled to report to me any notifications.

In order to view my Security Risk History I have to perform the following.

1. Click on Home icon from bottom icons (Overview, Connect, People, Home).
  2. Click on Advanced Security option.
  3. Click on my Router device.
  4. Click on Check other security risks option.
  5. Click on IP Reputation option.
  6. Click on Security Risk History option.

Then I get a blank white screen for one minute while it pulls all the information (there is no please wait or working on it type messaging) from Rogers. Then the screen finally populates with my history. If my device screen locks or the app is not the current app on screen (cause I switched to a different app), the whole thing resets and I have to perform everything from the start.

Why can't I access the history with less clicks, there should be a view all history from the beginning. Also why is there no messaging while the app is loading content?

Good day, @uuupit !

Great first post and thanks for being a part of our community! 🙂

Thanks for utilizing our app. We are constantly looking for ways in which to improve the functionality and user ability of our apps, so we really appreciate your feedback!  We will forward it on for review and consideration. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation