cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Hub - Scheduled downtime not working

Andy1977
I've been around

I have downtime scheduled on my kids iPhone and iPad and it’s not working... even though my ignite app says the downtime is schedule; I continue to see my kids able to access the internet on their tablets. It worked when I first set it up for a day or two and hasn’t worked since even when I try to reset the downtime.

*Added Labels*

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Ignite WiFi Hub - Scheduled downtime not working

RogersMoin

Hello, @Andy1977.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Is the Downtime Schedule not working with only one profile? I appreciate you trying to reset the downtime; it's good troubleshooting. 

Have you tried the Pause Device option? For testing purposes, from the Devices menu, select the device and select Pause Device. 

If the device doesn't pause (it may take some time to pause an active session), please reboot the modem. 

Let us know the outcome. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @Pasco Connect

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Is the Downtime Schedule not working with only one profile? I appreciate you trying to reset the downtime; it's good troubleshooting. 

Have you tried the Pause Device option? For testing purposes, from the Devices menu, select the device and select Pause Device. 

If the device doesn't pause (it may take some time to pause an active session), please reboot the modem. 

Let us know the outcome. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Thanks for sharing useful post here.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Andy1977 note that IOS 14 apparently introduced randomized MAC addresses.  I believe that the device is supposed to use the same MAC "individual" address for each Wifi network it encounters.  So, you would see a different MAC address for every network that the device connects to, but for each individual network, the same MAC address would be used.  

So, I suspect that it possible that users could simply "forget" the network that the device is connected to and reconnect it.  That might result in a new MAC address which hasn't been seen by the modem, which would be an end run around any profile assignments and assigned times.  

Don't know for sure, just speculation at this point but I can see this happening with IOS 14 which has just been released. 

I believe that most routers have a MAC Address filtering capability, whereby you enter the MAC addresses that are used on your wifi network.  If any device with an MAC Address that isn't listed attempts to connect to the network, the router is supposed to reject that connection attempt.  I don't know if the XB6 modem has a MAC filtering capabilty.  If so, it might be time to use it.  That would require users to use the same MAC address in their device and not to "forget" the existing network.  Simple rule, "Change MAC address, no internet access".

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
My Pixel phone has randomized MAC addresses but the Ignite modem always sees it as the same device.

I am having the same problem with my kids devices as well. I have scheduled downtime from 8:30 pm until 3 pm the next day, and yet every morning they are able to access the WiFi/Internet. Devices all show as paused, yet there is still active time listed.
I have tried resetting the downtime schedule and rebooting the modem but still have these issues. When I manually pause their devices it will disable wifi, but downtime doesn't seem to function properly. Very frustrating.

Hi  @sparky853,

Thank you for your post.

I can certainly understand how upsetting this can be, It'll be our pleasure to look into this with you. 

In order to do so, we will need to confirm some information with you.  

- What devices are you trying to use downtime with and what OS version is currently installed? 

- What version of the Ignite Wi-Fi hub are you using? 

- Are you able to successfully use downtime with other devices? 

Awaiting your reply. 

CommunityHelps

RogersRob

Label
I've been here awhile
Our “downtime” is working but the profiles all say “no active time today” when I know they have been active and I’d like to know for how long! Any suggestions for that?

Hello, @Label

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to manage the internet usage in your home. How long have you noticed that the profiles have not been tracking the usage? When was the last time you recall this feature was working properly?

Please try deleting the affected profiles and recreate them. Let us know if the same issue is occurring after recreating the profiles and reassigning the devices.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Jennay3
I've been here awhile

I have a scheduled downtime set for my daughter’s iPhone (9pm-7am). It has been working fine until yesterday. She wasn’t able to use the wifi on her phone until I deleted the schedule, even though she tried during times that were not included in the downtime (like 11am and 2pm). My other daughter has the same scheduled downtime and hers is working fine?!
I would appreciate any advice!

mbrown6
I've been around
I have been having the exact same issue. Started last night. Have deleted the schedule and recreated it. Once I create the down time schedule, all devices associated to it immediately pause until I delete the schedule.

bbbreak
I've been here awhile

I'm having the same issue about downtime. I've set up my child bedtime schedule and it's stopping his device about 3 hours way too early. The only way to get him back to the internet is to delete his profile. I've tried recreating his profile and scheduled the downtime again but it will stop his device from accessing the internet right away. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Jennay3
I've been here awhile
I have tried deleting and adding her profile again doesn’t help). Also, now my other daughter cannot use the wifi either unless I delete her scheduled downtime all together.

krazykrazz
I've been around

Also having this issue as of yesterday. Even though the downtime schedule is not active yet the devices in the profile lose their internet.

As soon as I remove the device from the profile, internet works. This is occurring with multiple profiles/devices I have setup for my kids.

I have had the same issue since Feb. 13/21. I've tried rebooting the modem, deleting the profile and deleting the schedule. None of these changes make a difference. The only thing that works is not having a schedule.

Mellee
I've been around
I have the exact same issue. Cannot use WiFi unless I deleted the downtime schedule

Alexandrea1433
I've been here awhile
Same

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the community @krazykrazz@shan1820, and @Mellee!

It's disheartening to hear that so many of you are unable to get this feature working :(. If you haven't already I would definitely recommend reaching out to support to have this issue more directly addressed. It's possible that a ticket may need to be escalated to validate the functionality of the feature. If you have any questions at all feel free to let us know!

@RogersAndy

Plibra
I plan to stick around
Relieved to have found this thread, I’ve been having the same issue with scheduling downtime. I’ve tried rebooting, deleting the profile and recreating it, nothing I do has fixed the problem. This has been happening since last week, the downtime schedule feature is completely unusable at present.

Plibra
I plan to stick around
I just realized the app updated to version 3.24 6 days ago, which is exactly when the scheduling feature stoped working.

Label
I've been here awhile
Same issue. When is Rogers going to sort this out? I have 4 kids. Super annoying that it’s not working.
Topic Stats